RC Champion

Aluminum Tie-Bar

Hello,
    Yesterday I was doing some maintenance on my slash, and I decided to make an aluminum front tie-bar. It was pretty easy; it only took me around half an hour to do. Has anybody else done something like this? (I know it's not a new idea) How do you like it? Just thought I'd share. Thanks.
    Pictures:

Original 3 Year Old Bar
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Champion
    came out nice.. I've always wanted to make one from CF, but never found the time to do it.
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC Champion
    Nice, I have one from FLM but you have accomplished the same thing in adding rigidity to the two pins. I would also think a camber link with the right ends on it could do the same?

RC Champion
    Thanks for the comments! A camber link would also be a good idea to support the pins. The only problem I can think of is that the rod ends would be too thick to fit over the hinge pin and e-clip set up. I had to grind down the aluminium a bit where the e-clip attaches that it could clear to mount. A carbon fiber tie rod would look really cool.
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dgudenau View Post
    Thanks for the comments! A camber link would also be a good idea to support the pins. The only problem I can think of is that the rod ends would be too thick to fit over the hinge pin and e-clip set up. I had to grind down the aluminium a bit where the e-clip attaches that it could clear to mount. A carbon fiber tie rod would look really cool.
    You are right with stock pins and e-clips. The Anza hardened and threaded pins are quite long and would work but you need then to add $14 more to the cost of the upgrade!

RC Racer
    I think it looks great, but i have a question related to the tie bar, do any of you guys know where i can buy the clips that hold down the tie bar?

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    I think traxxas used to make a carbon tie bar, but cant find it now. Check your local hobby shop as they may have one. My hobbytown did a couple of years back that I was going to buy but did not

I do not use a tie bar anymore. As long as I am using an alum ft bulk, I do not need one.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by kennymonsta View Post
    I think it looks great, but i have a question related to the tie bar, do any of you guys know where i can buy the clips that hold down the tie bar?
    hardware store...
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    or your LHS
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL