Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Racer
    Could not resist. Got ceramic bearings was on sale for 80 . No
    w i wait 2 weeks to receive them

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That's sweet! Which ones did you get?

RC Racer
    I got "Traxxas 1/16 Revo VXL Ceramic Nitride Pro Series Ceramic Ball Bearing" Is that what you have? got them on ebay

RC Racer
    how much of a difference do you get with better bearings

RC Racer
    Today i received the bearings so took a pic before i install everything.

bearings + the GPM knuckls.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    hey samk those are the ones . acer swears my bearing problem wasn't their bearings but i think my 4x8's were a bad batch .acer is taking them back for a refund i had a wheel bearing do the same thing 3 total . all the others worked great but don't know what the problem was. hope you have better luck .
    they do have less rolling resistance and are very smooth

RC Racer
    cool! Will update soon! :-)

RC Qualifier
    What are the rod ends for? Are you making your own?
    * "If it ain't broke, your doin it wrong" *

RC Racer
    the ones on the truck seem to be loose on the metal hallow balls and not sure why!

I am installing now but taking it slow.

The GPM knuckles are about 10 times better than the HR knuckles and this is my impression before even putting it on the road. It is much tighter fit and no play/

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Only about 5 of my new rod ends have no play with new steel hollow balls let me know how yours go

RC Champion
    With plastic balls the balls wear out, with metal balls the ends tend to stretch out instead.
    ***You Build It ...I'll Jump It!!!*** OS .18 TZ; Trinity Pipe; HCR Titanium Skid Plates & Bumpers; Futaba S9450 Throttle Servo; Airtronics 94358Z Steering Servo; RPM A-arms & Knuckles; FOC; Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins,Turnbuckles, Push Rods & Rocker Posts; New Era Roll Bar & Engine Mount; Proline Mashers on Velocity Rims.

RC Qualifier
    Nice, like what you've done with it, it looks pro.
    "With Great Speed Comes Great Repair Bills!"

RC Racer
    Still not done yet. The kunckles from GPM are great but wish they would have added an extra threaded cap because they are a pain to screw on! One went in slightly angled and they are all very tight so now i know why they dont have the issue as HR knuckles!

The issue with the metal balls persists i guess maybe the HR ones would be the only upgrade but they are not cheap so will stick with slight play!

RC Racer
    Did a quick test run on the street....

I find that the foam are not as good grippers and once it slides, i will be screwed haha so might need to find a wider street just in case.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That's right. Mostly good because they don't balloon and if smaller diameter wont wheelie as easy

RC Qualifier
    My nephew was thinking about putting a 5700 in his merv. He wants me to help him out but I am not all that familiar with it. What all is needed to get it in, mounts etc. Anything else that needs upgraded?
    Very nice build by the way!
    Sl4sh 2650/MM
    Erevo

RC Qualifier
    i stripped those darn threaded cap...and still haven't found a solution for it...i bought traxxas' aluminum threaded cap...but it would not fit...so now i'm hosed too...so far because of that issue...i got tired of it....and just left it in pieces...blah...i'll get around to finishing it...

Quote Originally Posted by samk View Post
    Still not done yet. The kunckles from GPM are great but wish they would have added an extra threaded cap because they are a pain to screw on! One went in slightly angled and they are all very tight so now i know why they dont have the issue as HR knuckles!

The issue with the metal balls persists i guess maybe the HR ones would be the only upgrade but they are not cheap so will stick with slight play!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    what carriers are they hr?

RC Qualifier
    no...it's the intejunk carrier...so sad...

RC Racer
    Ok finally after3 weeks i received my

Pro-Line Speed Hawg II 2.2 tires and HPI Racing Dish Wheel Black 2.2 + glue.

I washed the tires and next day i taped them and today glued them. I think if not today during the week i will test run.

I can see how those wheel will be excellent! It will be great for stability.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Tape them good! Wide and flat tire. That will be nice

RC Qualifier
    Pics!!!!!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by samk View Post
    The kunckles from GPM are great but wish they would have added an extra threaded cap because they are a pain to screw on!
    They should add a few caps, not just one. I have stripped 2 of 8, and I was VERY careful. It started to screw them perfectly aligned, then in the middle they just just went angled and stripped.
    Fortunately alu caps are now available:

http://www.thetoyz.com/search2.lasso?keyword=ERV021AC

RC Competitor
    Be careful with your HR rocker, they bend so easily... a hit in a wheel and it will bend. I had mine for only 2 weeks and had to change for GPM. I'm really not impressed by HR product... they look nice, but they are fragile.

RC Racer
    Thanks for the tips guys! I tested it today and it ran nicely and was stable!

However, th knuckles are still getting loose Not as bad as HR but now with the dish wheels i need to remove the wheel to tighten.

Also, not sure what you guys did but i noticed that the threaded part of the axle does not make it out far enough when using Pro-Line Speed Hawg II 2.2 tires and HPI Racing Dish Wheels 2.2. The threaded part of the drive shaft makes it about 50 % into the nut!!! That worries me so i had to keep checking every 2 minutes or so to prevent a wheel from ditaching.

Not sure why though? The hpi wheels came with a metal washer that is flat on one side and angled on the other. I have the flat surface facing down and the nut on the other side....

Tips?

Pics later

RC Competitor
    I don't use the metal washer before the nuts can go enough deep and I have no problem running it... but I'm not with a big motor like yours

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Get some barrel nuts. That's all I use. I have a lock washer flat washer and hpi washer. Never have a problem
    These will work but need to be shortened and ship from Korea. But shipping is pretty fast http://www.junfac.com/shop/index.php...products_id=21
    Last edited by 50togo; 01-06-2013 at 05:58 PM.

RC Racer
    Those barrel nuts are pretty cool!

Bad news.... so much for the titanium pivot balls... load of crap!

Hit the curb doing maube 25 MPH and snaped in 2. Would have prefered if it bent so i can atleas have saved the RMP lower arm!

I am begining to feel that apart from motor upgrade, better wheels , servo and shimming, the rest is just junk at higher cost!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I ditched the titanium pillow balls too! Forgot how many broke but I checked the others and they were bent so I tossed them
    How are the ceramics holding up?

RC Racer
    So far pretty good

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    that's good i still think mine were a bad batch

RC Racer
    Hello,

Maybe someone has some input on this

I have the following and now regret having spent money getting them.

Traxxas Steel Center Drive Shaft
    Traxxas Assembled Steel CV Driveshaft Set

I left the truck for about a month and a half and when I checked I saw the rubber rings are all cracked and one had fallen off. So I can not run the card cause they will surely fly off. I have spare rubber rings but just one set.

I am debating if it is not better to just go back to the plastic original ones.

Question: Anyone using regular plastic shafts with 5700 castle motor? what disadvantage if any? Also cheaper to have as spares and they don't bend when you crash!

Also I do not like the big wheel. Mine are causing too much vibrations and not sure if it is the when or a slightly bent traxxas shaft. vibration just ruins stability on the road

Question: If I go back to stock size wheels for the revo what speed can I expect with 3 s and the 5700 system?

Cool that is what I am considering at the moment

RC Qualifier
    You could buy some TRA7055 to get replacment o-rings. But that would be quite expensive only for the rubbers.

Couldnt you try to meassure the dimensions and get some generic o-rings from a local hardware store or online who sells this items in quantities? Probably much cheaper. Thats what i would do.

I'm done with big/wide tires to. Too much stress on parts at high speeds if not properly taped and balanced. Buggy Dirt Hawgs taped and with closed cell foams are OK. Anything bigger or wider like all the Truggy sized tires not so much imho.

Not sure on your other questions. You can plug your settings in the speedcalculator at http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/top_speed.html to get some theoretical speeds for your setup.

RC Racer
    thanks for the link. Still after using them and seeing that I can get the rings one way or another I did not like the fact that they bend easily after hitting a curb. (my fault) but in any case at least the plastic would not bend and cheaper to fix.

The steel shafts bend and then even though it may be a slight bend it causes vibrations. I am pretty sure I will ditch them but need to first make sure if anyone remained stock with 3S and castle 5700 motor/system

cool that you agree on the wheels

RC Qualifier
    Shrink tube for wiring could be a good replacement for the o-rings. Havent tried yet as I just got a another SV3 for my 5700kv. So can finally start my rebuild.

RC Racer
    might work but to have to do that the design is not good. Whey could they not use screws instead of pins with rubber ring etc I just don't like them anymore. I am on my second set so its not cheap

RC Qualifier
    I'm using heat shrink on my project revos cvds because of this very reason. Still not fully together and the cvd rubbers were cracked pretty bad. Don't know the size, was some leftover from work.
    Dye-no-mite Pow-er Go Fast, Wirrrrr Screeeech BOOM

RC Qualifier
    Shrink wrap is not meant to move, it is in effect baked rubber. For wires, sure for moving parts? Not a chance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12