Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Competitor

I want AWESOMENESS!!!

Ok I have one brand new slash 4x4 (Greg Adler edition) all stock it's my wife I'll upgrade as she breaks. I have the same truck other than mine is RPM arms towers bumpers better servo and I'm now looking MOTOR ESC upgrade mostly for the fact I ran it yesterday and after temp testing I was in the 190+ deg on my motor. I know little warm, I'm use to my EMAXX MM 2200kv and it just rarely seeing 130 deg. My question what motor do I wanna buy for the Slash? I wanna also run some 2.8 wheel and tires.... I've heard the MM will fit in the Slash, if that's the case then I'll most likely go that route... Just some input would be great. Thanks

You might get the MMP/2400 which works well too. A MMP/2650 could also be a good choice.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Nobody is born with experience

I started with the 2400 combo and ended up with the 2650 after i added the mt 2.8's. Either way, if you do go to a more powerful motor, you'll also want to upgrade your driveshafts or you'll be twisting them frequently.
    I race Associated, I bash Traxxas. 28 years in RC

RC Champion
    You can also throw in the 2200 for pure insanity too...
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Champion
    I have the 2200/MMM combo getting ready for install. I do love the 2400 MMP combo I run now, insane on 4s and extremely fast and fun on 3s.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Competitor
    What kind drive train are you guys running?? And I'm still fairly new what's MMM and MMP?

MMM = Mamba Monster and MMP = Mamba Max Pro.
    The most important upgrade when you use combos with a huge amount of power, are the drive shafts. MIP, Tekno or FLM make good products. Not cheap, but a necessity when you have that amount of power.

RC Qualifier
    i run the mmm 2200kv and it is insane! lol

RC Enthusiast
    Mip's are the best imo . Im just building a 2650kv for 3s and 4s

RC Qualifier
    I too have the mm 2650 with all the necessary upgrades and I love it. Someday I will throw in my 2200 from my erbe for fun. I run the Mip's and they work great. Get an alum motor mount with larger bearing and alum bearing adapter too. A lot of people upgrade to the erbe slipper too but I just put on some alum pads and have had no trouble so far.

RC Champion
    2650 is Great motor for 2s or 3s , 2200 ya pretty much need 4s, makes it real heavy

The MMM is the only way to go, bolts right in, do the Robinson Racing and kingheadz brg at same time

Al
    MMM/2650, E-maxx Body=FUN !
    3 Slash 4x4
    Pede 4x4

RC Competitor
    K I had the MM (MMM/mamba monster 2200) in my emaxx loved it I only running 2s dont care for anything bigger really and I'll deff look into drive train I was breaking shafts every few drives with my Emaxx running it with the massive proline trenchers thanks for all the input very helpful

Ok I have one brand new slash 4x4 (Greg Adler edition) all stock it's my wife I'll upgrade as she breaks
    Wow, wait a sec, do you mean when your wife breaks, or the truck? JK!
    Summit Rustler Sl2sh TMaxx Pnde Slayer Sl4sh

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    LOL. I want an upgrade on my wife.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Hahahahaha I showed my wife this thread she goes " you guys are asses you would replace me too"! I said only with the best babe! I'm digging my own grave!

RC Qualifier
    Tell her you would only replace her if RPM sold wives. Flexible, good warranty and plenty of colors to choose from.

RC Qualifier
    so for a guy looking for a good motor and esc the mmp 2650 would be good

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Rckid97 View Post
    Yes - don't forget to also have a look at tenshocks and hobbywing motors and escs - great bang for the buck if money is a bit tight (also means you are less likely to have your wife upgrading you for a model that has a cheaper hobby lol)
    Time I enjoy wasting is not time wasted

RC Competitor
    I'm glad you asked this! thanks! Cause I am thinking about dropping the Mamba into the truck I'm torn do i drop the baddest set up into the slash and replace drivetrain and just drop money into this toy... did that with the EMAXX it sucked..... I'm looking at only running 2s batteries all the time. So I think the Sidewinder V2 (SV2) would be good or the Mamba Max Pro I'm only bashing and breaking parts and again only running 2s. What do you guys think would be a good motor esc setup?

RC Qualifier
    For strickly 2s the 3800 combo is great from what I hear. If you want to do 3s or 4s get at least the 2400. 3s will over heat the 3800 fairly quick but the 2400 doesn't really come alive until you run 3s or 4s.

RC Qualifier
    I put the mmm/2650 in mine and upgraded the drive train and I love it. I bash on 3s or 4s usually and as soon as I get some good tires I will do speed runs on 6s. The 2650 isn't really rated for 6s but if you watch temps it should be fine. I will more that likely swap in my 2200 for speed runs though. I don't have any experience with the maxx but the slash is pretty darn close to bullet proof with the upgraded drive train and rpm arms.

Quote Originally Posted by RockchalkJayhawkz View Post
    I put the mmm/2650 in mine and upgraded the drive train and I love it. I bash on 3s or 4s usually and as soon as I get some good tires I will do speed runs on 6s. The 2650 isn't really rated for 6s but if you watch temps it should be fine. I will more that likely swap in my 2200 for speed runs though. I don't have any experience with the maxx but the slash is pretty darn close to bullet proof with the upgraded drive train and rpm arms.
    For speed runs I'd stick to the 2650. More speed with the same gearing and voltage than the 2200.

RC Qualifier
    that is what i drive with is 2s so the sv2 sct cpmbo or this would be my best choice? http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...-race-pro.html also will there be a change in speed from stock to a 3800
    Quote Originally Posted by RockchalkJayhawkz View Post
    For strickly 2s the 3800 combo is great from what I hear. If you want to do 3s or 4s get at least the 2400. 3s will over heat the 3800 fairly quick but the 2400 doesn't really come alive until you run 3s or 4s.

RC Qualifier
    or whatever kv the stock is

RC Racer
    I cant see how anything could be more awesome than the mmp 2400 on 4s. During the time I owned the truck I never once was able, not even for a split second, to go past 3/4 throttle. It will destroy your drivetrain but it was fun. I dont see how a 2200 or 2650 mmm system on 4, 5 or 6s could even run in a slash without it completely falling apart in a few minutes.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by robgdds View Post
    I cant see how anything could be more awesome than the mmp 2400 on 4s. During the time I owned the truck I never once was able, not even for a split second, to go past 3/4 throttle. It will destroy your drivetrain but it was fun. I dont see how a 2200 or 2650 mmm system on 4, 5 or 6s could even run in a slash without it completely falling apart in a few minutes.
    Mip's, king headz motor mount and bearing/alum adapter, alum hex's, and alum slipper pads is all I did and it runs great. The only issue I have had is failure to put in locktite on the pinion grub screw and a motor mount screw, both my mistakes.

RC Qualifier
    Are there any 2200 or 2650 systems for cheaper? I'm a little tight!

RC Competitor
    I ran 2200kv in my EMAXX I ran 6s for like 15 mins TOTAL in two different locations my street and a local park. Full RPM everything I need broke anything but never got wide open either after half throttle I would start to lift the front wheels and balloning so so much I'd back out. I ran prolines trenchers 4.0 series they was I think 6.8x4.3? That SCT Race Pro looks like a sweet deal! I think I'll order it here soon! Hey RcKid you say you run that and you like it right... Again I'm cool with 40-50mph and having great control and not damaging my motor or ESC.

RC Racer
    The emaxx is different it's made to handle more power.

RC Qualifier
    Are there any 2200 or 2650 systems for cheaper? I'm a little tight!
    Just check ebay for a used one if your wanting castle. I don't have any experience with other brands so I can't help you there.

Me and my buddy both use the 2650. He with the Mamba Monster and I with a Mamba Max Pro. I agree that a MMP/2400 is pretty awesome, but on 4S, the amount of power and speed the 2650 produces is a quite higher level of awesomeness.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Are they good to buy used?? And does anyone use other brand's?

RC Competitor
    Is anyone running the Sidewinder V2 5700? I looked at tekin (spelling?) but I have had good luck with all castle motor and esc.

RC Competitor
    I just order this setup....*Sidewinder Sv2/NC1406 5700 Combo came out fairly cheap makes me wonder why it's so cheap $130 for that combo yet to replace your Traxxas stock motor/esc it's $135.... Anyone know why? Or did I screw up here?

RC Racer
    You screwed up, that motor is no good in a slash 4x4, to run it you are going to need to gear it way down and it will still run hot. Can you cancel?

I just ordered another hobbywing wp sc8 120A esc and leopard 3650 2930kv 4 pole motor for my backslash for $135 shipped. I'm using this setup on another truck and it runs cool and fast on 3s and 4s, I just had to get another, and its waterproof.

RC Competitor
    Yea I can probably cancel don't see why not

RC Qualifier
    I'm very surprised a small motor like a 3650 runs cool. What is your gearing?

RC Competitor
    What do you recommend for a slash then? I'm not looking to fly or redo my drive train just bashing

RC Racer
    I think the 3650 is the same size as stock, I running 18/54. the leopard motor does not have the power of my mmp 2400, but is costs a lot less ($43) and I still have yet to be able to pull the trigger all the way on 4s. Still it had way much more power than stock or the sidewinder 4700kv systems I've used in my slash even on 3s. The power delivery is much smoother than the 2400, which was just too much for the drivetrain I believe.

What makes it more efficient is the 4 poles vs 2 poles on the stock motor.

The hobbywing esc I mentioned is $73 with the programming card and it keeps the slash waterproof and handles 2, 3 and 4s. I like it so much I might sell my MMP to replace it with another.

RC Competitor
    http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...-race-pro.html rckid97 said this was a good buy can anyone 2nd that and say it is?