RC Enthusiast

Late model slash

Alright so to startIm looking into running a class here called the slash late models and im wondering what mods i need to do to make a late model body fit and what tires i should run with it

RC Champion
    One of the members on here made a late model slash with an lcg chassis which was pretty cool. Check it out:http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...te+model+slash
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mud_digger89 View Post
    Alright so to startIm looking into running a class here called the slash late models and im wondering what mods i need to do to make a late model body fit and what tires i should run with it
    Any 1/8 latemodel or SC latemodel body should fit fine. The Losi and Stalker bodies are an almost direct fit. If you go with another brand (C&M, Onstat, etc) you may need to do some creative work with the rear mount. Basically, I turned mine around. I also use the RPM adjustable mount.
    The front will work fine, although you may need a spacer under the mounts.

Tires will depend on your rules and track. Our rules specify SC rubber tires only.

Here's a pic of my Slash with the Onstat body installed.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    scoot, those ft mounts in the pic above are way in front of the tires... No where near the stock slash mounts.

But, the losi and stalker bodies fit just perfectly. You will need to use the taller body mounts that come with the slash.

I would go with the stalker.com bodies as they look better, but are also a little lighter.

Check my thread that was linked above, and in post 30, check what I did to get a stock bumper under the body. It worked out really well, and supports that long front nose very well. Also pick up some shoo goo and drywall tape to support the "elephant ears" at the top of the front fenders(if using losi body), as they will crack if you are whackin' the boards too much.

Find what tires the fastest racers are running and copy'em!
    Last edited by rag6; 06-20-2012 at 06:53 AM.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Qualifier
    Good eye on my front mounts.

On the front I'm using a T-Bone Racing front bumper upside down with Custom Works post.

However, the stock front mount works too. I wanted to make the front a little more sturdy. My sons slash LM uses the stock front mounts.

RC Qualifier
    my localhobby shop had a different body it looked awesome front was cut in more
    Race Rustler 18/84
    http://tinyurl.com/5u8ave