Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Are.you going to upgrade your driveshafts?

RC Qualifier
    Yea probably to the slash 4x4 ones. Do I just buy the slash 4x4 rear driveshafts?
    Last edited by Nitroelectric; 07-05-2012 at 09:20 AM.

Buy the Traxxas 6852X, you need 2 of these. I highly recommend them. Im not saying they never will brake, how ever they are the best driveshafts you can get for the rustler according to me, and others. It will cost around 20 bucks for 2 pieces compared to 50+ bucks for MIPs.

How about alloy bulkhead, have you considered on of those? Any alloy one is more durable than stock. How ever the pins can still bend in a crash even if you use alloy.

Take care "big brother" :P

RC Qualifier
    Kk thanks those were the ones I thought I needed lol. Bought them good luck too "little brother"
    Last edited by Nitroelectric; 07-05-2012 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ttThree View Post
    Buy the Traxxas 6852X, you need 2 of these. I highly recommend them. Im not saying they never will brake, how ever they are the best driveshafts you can get for the rustler according to me, and others. It will cost around 20 bucks for 2 pieces compared to 50+ bucks for MIPs.

How about alloy bulkhead, have you considered on of those? Any alloy one is more durable than stock. How ever the pins can still bend in a crash even if you use alloy.

Take care "big brother" :P
    This statement nailed it right on the head. The Slash 4x4 shafts are holding up to big time to my abuse. Definatly recommend em!
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Qualifier
    i have a rustler with a tacon 3660 1800kv motor on 3s i was geared 26/50 then i went to 21/56 with a gyro and this thing is a handful to drive i put a tacon 4074 2150kv in my slash it was cool for a while but it was just alittle to much but thats a pretty cool setup you got a just put my rustler back together i had a chassis and body then took the parts off my slash which im selling my 2 slash chassis and bodies im a speed freak so the rustler is more my taste then the slash but good luck

RC Qualifier
    Got the rears today. hmmm something's missing lol. I'll be getting the fronts soon. Returning the wrong ones.

RC Qualifier
    The best day ever!!! My extremely nice generous friend gave me 2 slashes for nothing. One is in two pieces and doesn't have a remote or receiver but the other one has the Velineon brushless system with big bores. Ahhhhh I'm so happy!!!

The low profile jacos, they are nice. Are you going to upgrade the rear shock tower to RPM as well? What RPM parts do you have installed? Also how about that alloy bulkhead?

RC Qualifier
    I've been thinking about the rear shock tower. I'll go to my LHS to see if they have one. The other rpm upgrades are the arms, steering and caster blocks, front bumper, front shock tower and thats it. I bought it with all of the rpm upgrades installed.

You should get the alloy shock caps and TiN shafts for more durability in the Ultrashocks. In case a accident happens so you dont bend the stock ones and pop the plasic caps. How much money can you spend on this build?

RC Qualifier
    I can spend as much as I want, but don't want to spend too much. You know I want to save some for when I get a real car.

I mean spend in a "reasonable" way.,..considering a 100 mph build cost like 1000 dollars more or less. Since you alreaddy had the motor and esc, that gives you a advantage of 250-300 dollars to spend on other stuff, or save. You have castle link and external bec?

RC Qualifier
    why 100mph i have more fun with a few 40mph runs thats just my opinion

RC Qualifier
    Because its something different. It was like a dream of mine ever since I started watching videos of it. I have a vxl system that I an swap whenever I feel like it. And and ttThree I bought an alloy bulkhead, rpm rear shock tower, and front wheels so I think I'm good now

Nice job man, now you have all basic speedrun parts. And yes, its fun with speed. Some like off road runs, some like straight line runs on the streets like us. 40 mph is fast, but if you have access to long straights, then 70-100 is more fun.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ttThree View Post
    Nice job man, now you have all basic speedrun parts. And yes, its fun with speed. Some like off road runs, some like straight line runs on the streets like us. 40 mph is fast, but if you have access to long straights, then 70-100 is more fun.
    Thanks a lot man. I wished we lived near each other because that would be awesome! I'll post some more pics as soon as the package arrives. Your one of the few supportive ones here lol

RC Qualifier
    I bought some tire weights for the front. Should arrive in a few days. As will just about everything else lol

Nitroelectric
    i bought the same jaco foams you bought about 6 weeks ago. if the streets nearby you affected by high sun beam these jacos would only makes things worse for accelerating! !

if you are in a hot climate city, i would say throw those jacos. if you in a cold city, you're lucky

my car keeps slipping and spining all the day at only 1/8 throttle with those tires.

In not sure if he should throw them away just because he may live in a warm place. It could be your surface that is also different. Personly I have run my Jacos on both rough asphalt and smoth one and it worked great. Even on surface with alot of dust and sand particles. Shouldnt warm surface give the foams better grip? The climate in saudi arabia may be alot warmer than other places though...

It could also be differance between the jaco low profile ones and the regular.

the one i bought is the Jaco low profile type

i was waiting for months for it to be back in stock and after i put on to the test the result was really F !

it can't grip the asphalt in daylight nor at night . it appears that the asphalt here is milted no question because when i tested it on newly asphalted roads it give a far better grip. the sun beam here is different than anything you can imagine.

RC Qualifier
    Here's the t-bone racing wheelie bar

I think I want to cover the exposed part of the motor so it doesn't get banged up.

Gotta have the decals
    Last edited by Nitroelectric; 07-07-2012 at 04:34 PM.

The wheelie bar curved shape will help protect the motor .

Really nice pics, and JATO you are probably right, the sun beams messing with your asphalt. Many people use jacos and according to them they provide amazing grip. Even the xo1 people start using foams and they are amazed how stable the car runs. But then again, it may be differance between the LP and regular ones as I mentioned.

How ever it seems like the OP has the Jaco 2030LP mounted on the rear because hes got offset. If im not wrong it is different compound for front wheels (2030), and rear wheels (2050). The rear suppose to be softer (pink compound) and the front is harder (purple compound). At least on the regular jacos it is...

Rear, notice the center

Front
    Last edited by ttThree; 07-07-2012 at 05:41 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Yea the compounds are different and are the same for the LP jacos. Purple up front and pink in the back. Once the car is all ready for a speed run, I guess I will find out the whole grip thing. I had them on my nitro rustler, the CF ones, and they seemed too grippy for my taste at the time. So then I got anacondas lol. But electric has a gazillion times more
    Torque than the nitro. I live in CT so at times it's hot, but not all the time. The weather is weird here. Thanks
    Last edited by Nitroelectric; 07-07-2012 at 06:02 PM.

Its not much to figure out purple in front and pink in rear . How ever I dont know if foams are the ultimate for 2200kv setups. According to youtube videos people are running GRPs now days, or GRPs in the rear and foams in front.

I dont think your weather will be any issue.

RC Qualifier
    Once my foams wear out I'll get GRP's then. Or get the xo-1 wheels and the adapters
    Last edited by Nitroelectric; 07-07-2012 at 06:28 PM.

RC Qualifier
    the xo-1 wheels are amazing they are belted and dont really wear out

Really, I have heard the opposite in the xo-1 forum section. For the price and for a rustler mamba application, there are better wheels to get than the xo-1 tyres. How ever not many wheels hold up that well at 100 mph. The BSR?? foam tyres for the xo-1 on the other hand, that can be a good idea to use on a rustler.

the xo-1 tires are -and according to traxxas- a 118 mph tested tires. The jacos is unknown, but at least it was shown on several videos that it can handle several speed runs beyond the 100mph before it suffers from cuts.

The jacos foam compound is different than " rubber " looking xo-1 tires.... The last one is designed imo to be similar like F1 tires to hold on high speeds.

at the end, it's the surface nature that got the greatest affect on both of these tires.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by momort View Post
    i have a rustler with a tacon 3660 1800kv motor on 3s i was geared 26/50 then i went to 21/56 with a gyro and this thing is a handful to drive i put a tacon 4074 2150kv in my slash it was cool for a while but it was just alittle to much but thats a pretty cool setup you got a just put my rustler back together i had a chassis and body then took the parts off my slash which im selling my 2 slash chassis and bodies im a speed freak so the rustler is more my taste then the slash but good luck
    converted my rustler back to the slash today even with a gyro i couldnt keep it straight so its back to the slash

RC Qualifier
    I got my weights. I put some on the front bumper. I'm going to put a lot more once my aluminum bulkhead comes. I plan to put atleast 16 oz/1 lb. I have 4 oz on the bumper.

Did you think about lowering the ground clearance a tiny bit ?
    it would help preventing the up front raising i think.

His rustler is alreaddy lowered. 1 pound and some extra oz seem to be good, thats what others are using. Once again, nice build.

uh .. alright then .. i wish to see a very nice speed run when everything is ready

We can hope so, how ever, as long as the OP is happy with the outcome its all fine. Unlike people on youtube, only doing videos to get attention and viewers. No names mentioned =)

controlling such motor over such light weight truck is a key factor. throttle adjustment is crucial here i believe .
    if you're using an advanced radio better to setup the punch adjustment in addition to the esc's throttle punch also.

Thats true, even with the castle 4600kv the rear wheels tend to spin loose while full throttle it. I can believe it will be harder with the 2200kv motor. I also dont know how good grip the jaco foams has compared to the grp gandinis, which seem to be popular these days. To be honest, making 100 mph runs seems a bit risky and scary. My rusty hardly does 70, but thats almost to much for me to handle. Specially while braking, pull thar trigger to much and you end up in big problems.

So yes, "with great speed comes great crashes", like the handbag says on youtube..

@ 0:38

Warning: dont take his tip to serious...
    Last edited by ttThree; 07-11-2012 at 08:50 PM.

when another poster ( Ace ) managed to do several speed runs over 100mph , i noticed one thing that really amazing . he was using old style radio and still manage his throttle control in a perfect way. even slowing down at the end of the track were no issue with him. i hope nitroelectic will do even better.

...he also claimed to do 100 mph runs with 3s, and a 114 mph run, even though the car flipped in the air and messing up the gps readings. Im not sure he even hit real 100 mph.

I hope nitro will do it better, just for the sake of not beein a attention *uhum* on youtube. Also we can follow his build here unlike Draven and the others, who are not represented here on traxxas forums.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast