RC poster

Bandit vs rustler which is better?

Which is better need some help might be looking to buy one of these

RC Qualifier
    My personal favorite is the rustler but both are practically the same thing. Honestly I would spend the extra $20 or $30 and get a slash 2wd. Much better and you can do so much more with it.
    Last edited by invento123; 02-29-2016 at 08:15 PM.
    Have Fun and Drive Recklessly

rustler is my choice

RC Enthusiast
    It depends on where you plan to run really. The Bandit and Rustler are based off the same platform, but the Bandit has shorter A-Arms, and smaller wheels. For general bashing i'd just go for the Rustler.

Depends where you run and how. ^ They have the identical chassis, the only difference is a-arms. Their driving characterists are both very similar. Equally durable, bandit a little bit more because it has a more narrow front, making front crashes a little more durable and less likely. They're super similar though so pick whatever you feel is best.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I think the bandit looks cooler than a rustler, but the rustler is going to be a lot more versatile
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nhgfjrKi0o

RC Qualifier
    Rustler was my first Rc. Still love that thing.
    Do yourself a favor and go brushless right away. It will save you money in the long run.

Just follow the tire marks and broken parts.
    I would do the rustler because it is a better basher and has a wider wheel base.
    RC is an addiction just don't make me go to rehab

RC poster
    Ya I already have a slash 4x4 so I'm already into rc cars/trucks/boats/planes/quad copters/etc.
    Last edited by Thunderwolf7478; 03-01-2016 at 06:21 AM.

RC poster
    I'm looking at the 1/16 revo vxl tsm too
    Last edited by Thunderwolf7478; 03-01-2016 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Didn't like how I worded it

RC poster
    I'm just looking for some more fun thanks for the help guys really appreciate it

RC Racer
    if your looking to do speed runs ,go bandit .if you want to do more then just road racing and flat tracks go rustler . the bandit sits very low and wont do much more then road racing and flat dirt tracks .
    the rustler has more ground clearance and can be pumped up higher for more clearance if you choose
    i was once where you are and i bought a new rustler vxl with tsm . glad i did . the tsm system works well too ,nice addition .
    good luck with whatever you choose.
    slash P 4x4/cen colossus/rustler vxl/arrma kraton

RC poster
    thanks for the help but now I am thinking vxl tsm rustler or 1/16 tsm vxl e-revo

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderwolf7478 View Post
    thanks for the help but now I am thinking vxl tsm rustler or 1/16 tsm vxl e-revo
    Definitely look at the VXL Rustler - many upgrades over the XL5 Rustler, and much better than the Bandit. You get bearings through out, adjustable camber links, hex hardware, front tie rod, just to name a few! Makes it much easier to tune and much more durable. I'd highly recommend the RPM wide front bumper and RPM rear mount and motor protectors left and right from the start. After that, the only real upgrade I'd recommend is the Slash GTR shocks.
    "Splash" ProLine Slash
    Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    the vxl is fast , on 3s i am guessing 50 mph ,enough to balloon the tires as it whizzes by . the tsm works great to keep it straight when its not doing a wheelie ,which it will easily so get a wheelie bar right off the bat .
    its fast enough on a 3s that i have not felt the need to use the included speed gear it comes with . is the 1/16th erevo 4 wheel or rear wheel?
    i have the slash for 4 wheel and the rustler for rear wheel ,rear wheel is fun as you can whip the rear around more when you want to .
    slash P 4x4/cen colossus/rustler vxl/arrma kraton

RC poster
    the 1/16 revo is 4wd and if you get one 3s lipo and floor it off the pavement it will do flips

RC Enthusiast
    I wouldn't get a 1/16 E-Revo. I've never personally owned one, However I've read a lot of things about them for me to stay away, Mostly durability issues. By the time you end up with a MERV that will be a reliable truck, You could have just bought a full sized E-Revo. Rustler VXL on the other hand, out of the box, isn't a bad truck by any means. The castor blocks are absolute junk however. I bent my pins within a week. This happened several times a week for about a month before i just bought aluminum castor blocks. Shock caps also are prone to popping off, Aluminum shock caps fix this. There's no need to upgrade to high priced aluminum shocks in my opinion.

RC poster
    Thanks for the help