RC poster

Transmitter issues

So yesterday I went to turn on my Rustler VXL and my ESC started flashing green rapidly. That finally stopped and then my receiver started flashing red rapidly. I went ahead and linked my transmitter to my receiver again. It now works but its backwards. When I pull the throttle is going in reverse and when I hit reverse it goes forward. Any suggestions on to fix it? I tried turning the transmitter off and holding the set button and turning the steering to the left, right, full throttle and reverse but it didn't fix the issue. Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Pg 29 of the manual has the procedure to reverse the direction of the throttle and to reverse the direction of the steering
    pg 26 has restoring factory defaults

RC poster
    Thanks for the help

You could also just swap around any 2 motor wires and now your motor will turn in the right direction.
    Brushless Everything

RC poster
    ok so after i got home from work i tried to fix it to no avail. I did the factory reset and it didn't correct the issue. I also disconnected the esc and servo from the receiver and hooked them back up. Left and right turn in the correct direction, its just the throttle that somehow is now backwards.

... Did you try swapping 2 motor wires?
    Brushless Everything

RC poster
    No I haven't tried that yet. Forgive me cause I'm new to this, but aren't the wires supposed to match up with the color wires? I have the VXL motor and the wires are color coated.

RC Qualifier
    I believe MaXXL is correct... by what you are saying the only problem is the direction of your motor spin .. I can say directly that with the three color coded wires on your motor .. you can think of it as a correct starting place for when you first setup your system ... however if you should run into a problem exactly like yours it will do no harm to switch two of your motor wires ..all that will happen is that it will reverse the direction of the motor ... it is the same for any 3 phase motor .. and the color coding is to have a preferred setup to begin so the manufacturer can offer set up or trouble shooting and have a constant not variable to start with ...if you are not sure then you should not take my word for it you should call traxxas and ask the tech if it will harm or if you can safely switch two of the motor wires ... that would be the safest thing ..only this one time would I say that I have switched motor wires on my brushless motor many times while trouble shooting maintenance and by not paying attention during reassembly and the only thing that has come of it was the motor changed directions with out changing the settings on my controller.. block your rc up so the wheels are off the ground when you work on it and good luck...