RC poster

Aluminum bulkheads... Yay or nay ???

I know most aluminum parts are taboo for bashing but can anyone comment on whether aluminum bulks are a good idea or not ??? Is it really worth the money ??? Thanks

Nay for me, I like the stock ones , I think if the bulk head remains stock, should it buckle up in a freak accident, its flex will probably save other damages that would happen should I insert an aluminum bulkhad....

The strong is very strong, I have changed only one, when I had landed on a sharp rock directly onto the rear chassis, apart from that, have never had another bulkhad issue.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Champion
    I would say nay also. Not on a 1/10 e-revo. The mini is a different story though...

RC Racer
    Nope. Stockers are more than strong enough. Ive only ever broken half of one before. That was from clipping a railing at near wide open on 6s. Kept running with it cracked in half for over 2 months lol
    Need more parts.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
    I would say nay also. Not on a 1/10 e-revo. The mini is a different story though...
    I do have a MERV as well... the Hot Racing bulks look rather nice... perhaps they will be on my list. Thank you everyone for the feedback !!!

RC Qualifier
    very simple for me.

NO for stock diffs (no real gain except some super crashes that can smash the bulks)

YES for losi conversion. the stock bulks will break all the time with losi conversion due to material removed for fitting, trust me and ask people here. the only problem is that they bend upwards with time and crashes/landings from high

just look how nice they are

<3 Traxxas~Align~Ducati~Lib-tech~JacksonGtrs <3

Not worth it.

RC Champion
    not for me either. i prefer the plastic ones even with the lst2 diffs. much less expensive and as long as you aren't hitting telephone poles, they hold up fine.
    I have an RC problem...

RC Qualifier
    imo if you bash hard enough to break stock diffs, you will break stock bulks if you fit the losi diffs.

RC Champion
    same, you want your bulk to break instead of every thing else. a 5$ repair or a 100$ repair, you choose. the bulk heads take the blunt of all the damage, if you upgrade that then all that force goes much further into the truck, and generaly thats where the more $$$ items are.
    2.5r Pede, 2-speed O.S.21tm rusty , 3.3T-maxx

RC Champion
    AFAIK, there is nothing much to break further. Transmission?

The RPM a arms are said to never break..be chassis can be had for 10$

RC Qualifier
    yeah what is "everything else" that will break with the strong bulkhead?

RC Champion
    Here's how it works. Lets say u wreck into a pole. The force travels like a wave through the truck. Plastic soaks up rhe force, a thick alloy buck will have that force pass right through it onto other components.

Shocks/shock towers, servos, trans, motor, chassis, turn buckles, a arms those parts are in the line of fire next. Its a shock wave of damage.

As I said 5$ or 100$?

And no... rpm parts break. They're not invincible.
    2.5r Pede, 2-speed O.S.21tm rusty , 3.3T-maxx

I cannot recall where I read a thread where a fellow had difficulties removing even the front bumper as the hinge pins bent hecause of the rigid bulkheads and also metal skid plates too...not sure if it was both or which one of the parts that had caused this; where if it was stock such part would not cave in allowing easy means of removal and fixing.

I was tempted to buy the hr aluminum hulks hut weighed out the possibility of me breaking a stock; may be once every 8 months.....true that factor maybe higher ones the lst2 diffs are in.
    Live life to the fullest