RC Enthusiast

hair line crack in crank case

hello every one, I'm new to the forum and kind of new to nitro. I had a older 4tec for most of last summer but it met a curb, so this summer I came across a used revo 3.3. The guy showed me it ldleing, but when I got it actually started to drive it, it would not stay running and then I noticed some fuel bubbling out from by the screws for the motor mount. Would there be anything out there I could seal this with or do I just get a new crank case or just get a new motor. Any help would be super thanks in advance

The best thing to do is take it apart and inspect everything if the only thing wrong is the crack then just buy a new crank case if it's more like bearings and piston and sleeve just get a new engine.

3.3 block
    Traxxas TRX 3.3 IPS Shaft Engine w Recoil
    Last edited by fallonguy; 06-12-2012 at 04:10 PM.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC Competitor
    I say start fresh with a new engine. It is always better to have your own starting point with a new one instead of wondering what the person who owned it before you did or did not do unless you actually know them and know that they took care of it and broke in right and maintained it properly etc. It will be money well spent instead of dropping $$ on a project that could be a money pit running into problem after problem. I am sure you bought the truck to have fun with it instead of it sitting around due to engine issues. I wish you the best with it whatever you decide. Have a good one man!
    Last edited by Bravo_Six; 06-12-2012 at 05:05 PM.
    "Don't hesitate...Accelerate!"

RC Enthusiast
    that's kind of what figured, I have a new crank case coming this week. Now if it still doesn't run after that, with the Carb at the stock settings do you think it would be the piston and sleeve? Besides bearings is there anything else I should look for? Thanks for the info

RC Enthusiast
    I'll see after the new crank case bravo six, I think your right but $40 bucks is better than $150 right now, I'll post any results after the crank case gets here

Also check the engine mount if it hit hard enough to crack the block the mount may have also been damaged.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC Competitor
    I hear you on that one as far as $$ go. I hope the crank case takes care of it for you. Best of luck with the project!
    "Don't hesitate...Accelerate!"

RC Enthusiast
    well I finally got the new crankcase, when I was taking the old one apart I found a bearing was completely destroyed. Got all the parts cleaned up and reinstalled in to the new case. But now it takes for ever to start and I can drive for about 3 minutes and it dies and won't start till it cools down, now would this mean that the piston and sleeve are done or is there anything else I can look for. Any help????

RC Champion
    Could be many things but the fact that the engine stops when temperature goes up and when is cool starts again is sign of a worn piston/sleeve so chances are that the engine is done.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

RC Qualifier
    @ fastslash, just saying, a new engine is like $93 shipped ebay; http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-TRX-...item20c6d312f3

RC Enthusiast
    I wish I would of saw that before my buddy ordered a piston and sleeve for 45 bucks, oh well I'll have a new engine when it comes in thanks everyone