View Poll Results: Who likes my thread LOL :-)

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

3 75.00%
  • NO

1 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    Hey what do y'all have you 150a LVc set at mines at 3.2 but it seems like every time it cuts of my batts are at like 3.59-3.79

I have my MMM set a 3.4V...my batts are always different to each other. 1 side is always less than the other...those figures sound similar to mine.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    I am thinking about changing mine to 2.8 so that the dip does not turn my truck off

Let us know how you go...the recommended minimum is 3.2V for Lipos...they say any lower destroys the battery. IDK, I've never tried.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    Well I don't plan on running them down to that it just seems with it set at 3.2 it cuts out at 3.7 so maybe with it set at 2.8 it will cut out at 3.4

Quote Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
    Nice...is the initial brake grooving itself useful now .
    its useful yeah i did notice it but i think it works better when the drag brake is set at 5%, braking was a little touchy without it.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx1991 View Post
    Hey what do y'all have you 150a LVc set at mines at 3.2 but it seems like every time it cuts of my batts are at like 3.59-3.79
    I have my 120a set at 3.4v and it cuts off like that too i think because under load the voltage drops to 3.4v, when i was running mine in those vids at the end when i tried going full throttle it would cut out but at 1/2 throttle it wouldnt because the voltage wasnt dropping that hard so the esc was seeing the voltage still above 3.4v but i dont mind it stopping at 3.59 or even 3.70 because it saves the lipos.
    I have my MMM set a 3.4V...my batts are always different to each other. 1 side is always less than the other...those figures sound similar to mine.
    this is what i have my esc set at as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx1991 View Post
    I am thinking about changing mine to 2.8 so that the dip does not turn my truck off
    I wouldnt do it a lipo under any situation should never fall 3.0v that is the bare minimum so you may take a chance that this time the esc doesnt stop till it gets to 2.8v set it the lowest if you want to change it to 3.0v but under load when it nears that will drop below 3.0v which is not good.

RC Champion
    You make a good point....

Nice...is the initial brake grooving itself useful now .
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    its useful yeah i did notice it but i think it works better when the drag brake is set at 5%, braking was a little touchy without it.

HaHaHaHa..., Grooving; its suppose to be proving....(spelling correct, I should proof read before I hit send). I will get round in the next few weeks at installing this on my build.
    Rock n Rolla !

so far the esc is holding fine and the lvc setting seems to be a little off but its better it stops the truck and lipos at 3.6 or even 3.7 instead of 3.0 or below. I've tested and retested to make sure its stopping them above and all the times ive ran my emaxx its the same around 3.6-3.7 which would consistute a .2-.3 drop under load with my lipos i'm using.

RC Champion
    what kind of speed are you getting ?

Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    so far the esc is holding fine and the lvc setting seems to be a little off but its better it stops the truck and lipos at 3.6 or even 3.7 instead of 3.0 or below. I've tested and retested to make sure its stopping them above and all the times ive ran my emaxx its the same around 3.6-3.7 which would consistute a .2-.3 drop under load with my lipos i'm using.
    My MMM ESC is set @ 3.4V and is about the same 3.7 - 3.7 when I check.
    Rock n Rolla !

Quote Originally Posted by revoman78 View Post
    what kind of speed are you getting ?
    not sure what speed i am getting with my setup and gearing but its fast enough for where i need it. i dont have alot of room for speed so i like the more torque and power off the line instead to maintain the power it has. i more than likely wont go with higher gearing this will work just fine. I also done have anything to help tell me the speed.
    My MMM ESC is set @ 3.4V and is about the same 3.7 - 3.7 when I check.
    so its more than likely not just the esc then its pretty normal for it to stop there when set at the 3.4v lvc level. good to know its not only my esc.

RC Qualifier
    i take it easy on my rc cars too and compress air clean them after every run and i have never broken a single part on my EMBE or ERBE. if you are not a retarded driver and know how to drive these trucks will take a beating.
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    i remember having this Milka bars on the aircraft carrier while i was on cruise. they are amazing sorry a little off topic lol
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

I wish i could use compressed air but since i live in an apartment i cant have it so i use a couple paint brush's and does the trick since its mostly dust but if its muddy which i dont do for that reason mainly i would use the water hose then dry it good.

I get those Milka bars in that amount sometimes more every year from my mother in law she gets them from Germany when she goes. I dont mind any topic regard this thread and what is posted in it.

I would be lost without compressed air...fortunately for me I clean my truck at work in the work shop and use the work benches there, they have compressed air going to them. I live 8km from work so not to far to drive .
    Rock n Rolla !

that is nice to have work close by, since i dont work really except help a couple friends out and family its within walking distance if need be since our town is like no more than 3miles around only 8,500 people here not much at all lol. My grandma has a compressor nice senco but doesnt have the air blaster for it which i have to pick up for here some time at HF just something to works so so for the time being. I could use her's i just have to dig it out each time from all the excess material's there for building stuff and let it fill up then empty it again and put it away. doesnt seem to be worth all the time and effort for that. maybe once i move to a place i'll pick one up for sure.

sure do like running the maxx wondering which one of these times on my runs am i going to break something and not looking forward to it though as i have 2 rc's down right now and emaxx is the only one running. for 10 i can get the merv up and running which would be just as good or even the nitro pede for 15. just been too busy and all my cash goes for paying our ar off right now. maybe i'll get a gift card for christmas perhaps i can pick those things up haha. Santa parts please!!

Edit: 3500 posts= VXL speed hahaha
    Last edited by mike-susieq1; 10-24-2012 at 04:39 PM.

I suppose its not worth it fill filling up the receiver on the air compressor and then having to empty and pack away all the time. I am just fortunate to have work close by...having the workshop and equipment has been convenient for me.

That's a small town you live...sometimes I think I should move into the country but my wife won't have it....she likes Suburbia to much .

Lets hope the eMaxx stays running for sometime without issues
    Rock n Rolla !

that very good you have that, saves you time thats for sure.
    Yeah the town here is small but growing with the sity redoing downtown some. I came from a huge city San Diego to here with about 200K+ people there a huge difference between the 2.

I'm gonna see maybe i can get the maxx out again tomorrow or saturday. I have to put what i gotta do on this post before i run it. Drag brake 5% and punch 7 leave everything else the same.

another question I think i need some shock oil maybe and was thinking of using 50wt if needing shock oil. wondering with the shocks i have and springs would that make any difference at all?

RC Qualifier
    *city

theres 50wt oil in the emaxx i got, it has white springs in the rear and blue springs up front, love the setup

offtopic: 200k+? wow! the population here is 500 lol
    kawasaki summit, revo& slash; regular rusty, pede

my mistake did a google search and got this: 1,326,179 (2011)
    Now that i was not expecting at all so many. i cant believe i lived in a city that large. 1.3 Million people and now i live in a city only covering what like 1% of that haha crazy.

50wt seems good then as thats all i have for now. I have the stock brushless springs white all 8. I have 4-6 red springs+2-4 blue blue springs. i know the blue are alot stiffer than the red and white springs. i was thinking of changing out 2 of the white in the rear to help stiffen a little more instead of adding more preload spacers. the front seems to be doing fine but with the truck sagging in the rear bugs me bad.

your population ikilledkenny is only 500? whooa that is low. there is a town by here not sure if it would be called a town but there is city limits there for it and has a sign and all but its population is 8 now that is crazy not sure i could live there town looked to be about 100 yards big or something you missed it in less than 20secs driving at 30mph

well the ran emaxx today though punch was set at 5 and drag brake at 5% and initial brake force at 5% as well. worked great while i was running but when i let me wife run it now she goes a little off the deep end and she went right in the middle of the speed bumps and Wham it it up and she doesnt know to hold the throttle so front it went and landed on the lid and bounced up and landed on the wheels and then she did it again and this time the same thing happened but flipped over 2 more times and the truck shut off. I was worried she broke something like the esc or something so i looked it over quick and found out that the esc switched off which was weird but it happened non the less. I got a little upset i admit because the second flip was ugly the way it was flipping over and the way the wheels looked.

Well i had some squeeking from the wheels i think the bearings were dirty and dry so i took all the wheels bearings out and cleaned and lubed them up except 1 wheel which i will get to anotehr time. I have to check the bulkhead bearings as well next time around and the shock oil. I added 1 more pre load spacer to the rear which made a ton of difference and think i have it just right now over jumps it doesnt bottom out as much now and doesnt affect steering.

RC Qualifier
    hello, i have a embe too and i noticed that mine was sqeaking too. did you find out what it was?
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

I havent ran it again yet since i cleaned the bearings. ill give it a try maybe tomorrow and see if it still does it. if so then it may be the tranny bearing perhaps or another bearing i'll have to check it out.

RC Qualifier
    i just got done working on my mini revo's and you reminded me of my e-maxx sqeaking and i figured i would try and figure out where it was coming from and i have it narrowed down to the tranny so i am gonna take it out and apart tomorrow and i will let you know if i find anything. Thanks again and keep me posted.
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

same here as i have yet to get around there, never opened up the tranny on this yet or the diffs. I hadnt even gotton around to cleaning the bearings since i've had this since i made this thread back in June. they needed it bad, i took the shielding off and sprayed both side good and ran them claen then greased up. should last till i get better cleaner spray and oil for them. if i feel up to it i'll take the other wheel out and may get around to check out the tranny too. later when i have all day i'll get around to diffs. i ran my emaxx in some puddles and wet grass a few times and never oiled the bearings i assume thats why i was squeeking but cant be sure. keep me updated on the tranny and i'll do the same with the diffs when i get around to them or if the wheels bearings stopped it.

RC Qualifier
    well as soon as i took the tranny out. no more sqeaking. when i put this stupid thing back it better not sqeak what do you use and how do you grease these bearings?
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    i figured out what it was and i know you would have never guessed that this is what it is. haha it was the long driveshaft end that has the metal rod. i will post a pick...
    [IMG][/IMG]
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

what!!!!! never would have found that. i see mine has a ton of dust on it, no wonder when i first got it i didnt hear any sqeaking anymore because i took off the skid plates to clean the thing and lube the shafts a little with 3-1 oil just a dab on there then wipe off excess.
    I used this time the same thing because i ran out of bearing grease. some use oil SIN or synthic oil for it. I heard some use dry lithium grease since it doesnt attract dirt to it and worked good. I have yet to try any of those.

Cleaning the bearing is easy, get a very thin razor or exacto knife and carfully remove the blue shielding off the bearing each side from the inner part of the bearing then use a good cleaner spray, i had some before but used it up and havent bought anymore so i used wd-40 to clean the dirt and grime out worked but took a little longer is all. when you got the shieldings off both sides spray the bearings good on one side then spin the bearing a little and then spray again then spin till it spins freely and doesnt feel gritty though the smaller bearing will feel like it still mine did atleast. then when your done cleaning put 1 shield back on( pops back on with hand just push on it lightly you should hear a snap) then put in the OIL or grease of your choice then the other shield side repeat for all the bearings. I know Jang made a vid on youtube some where i watched it some month back.

RC Qualifier
    haha i recently bought two used e-revo 1/16 and the one truck every single bearing feels really gritty and would like to save some money and try and clean them out. i would of never thought that one of those nuckles on the driveshaft would sqeak like that. it was really annoying lol. About the tranny, it is very simple like every other truck's. i found where the sensor goes for the telemetry tho haha. when you try to remove the tranny, undo the shorter driveshaft first cuz it extends and shortens so it comes off easy then you can force the the tranny out of the hole and out of the other driveshaft just a hint to keep in mind when you get time and take it apart. there was a little dirt present in the tranny as well not very much though. thanks again for the info bro.
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

no problem glad i could help, yeah bearings get dirty fast thats what causes them to freeze up alot. I've cleaned my 1/16 bearings about 2 times now only since 2009 should be more often than that but if they fail i am going to get AVID bearings for my trucks now cost just the same as traxxas bearings about and are a little better quality and run more smoother. I'll have to take a look there since i've been using my emaxx alot in the dirt now. I'll have to look into the center shaft as well because i put a couple drop of 3-1 oil on the wheel shafts only so far.

what parts are used for upgrading the steering post stuff from bushings?

well thought i would post in my thread since it deals with my emaxx.

I am using the series connector from the MERV on my EMBE since i didnt want to wire my esc for series. I wanted to rewire it instead of using the 16g wire it has i think it has 16g maybe 18g it has and wanted to use 12-10g on it.

Question i have is can i use wire from HomeDepot/Lowes for wiring it? i dont want to order it and pay shipping.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I would make sure it has copper strands. Do you have a car stereo shop nearby
    Last edited by 50togo; 11-24-2012 at 12:27 AM.

nope not around here homedepot it closer. The wires it has are silver, same as the lipos, esc, motor etc. i'll make sure i get something handle atleast 160amps what my lipos put out.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    What wire did you end up with?

Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    What wire did you end up with?
    lol i havent gone yet, thanks for reminding me i think i seen some at my grandmother place. i should check there first since there is tons and tons of stuff there that i could use. i need to pick up a saw blade at HD as well to build my carry case for the charger & psu. picked out my wood well some of it, i have door hinges already, screws, chisel to put traxxas lol thinking of other stuff i still need to make out my outline.

MERV & Emaxx out tomorrow morning lipos all charged up at 2pm today 4 lipos charged all up 2 emaxx 2 merv. Will be taking vids i hope i dont have a gps or anything but i do have a temp gauge so i am going to vid the temps on each i hope to record the whole time with atleast 10mins each to get the temps on there.
    didnt find any wire at my grandmothers place and i went out but didnt have time to get over to HD and check it out its been too busy lately but i still have that in mind, i have this feeling that the smaller 18/16g wires are not allowing the whole 160amps of power the lipos can put out but i could be wrong i know that the gauge of wire is not thick enough for 160amps const. amps more less burst.

well was fine today running emaxx and merv was just a bit cold though. I took some vids some longer than others. not sure how good they came out but i will be posting them as soon as they finish uploading think theres 5 vids so it will take some time.
    Emaxx ran a little funny today think it has to do with too much preload i added it was for offroading so it stop bottoming out but i didnt take it off onroad which was bad as i had to slow too much to turn.

Merv ran ok but i need to figure out what to put behind the wheel hex its too loose back there in the rear wheels i know its not the knuckles as they are brand new and are holding on tight.