RC Racer

Question what else to buy with revo brushless?

hi guys in the next couple of months im planning to buy a e revo brushless mamba monster edition. i already have the 1/16 merv and want to get his big brother but what parts do i need to get with it to make it stronger im gonna bash hard jump hard and go fast does the differensials have problems like the mini e revos ? and will probably get the big joe tire but dont know which wheel to buy but want to buy something with goof offset and make the car wider. i need your helps and oppinions guys thx
    Nobidy is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    If you get Big Joes you will surely have to strenghten the driveline ...

For maximum reliability you may want to shim the diffs ( as you do with the MERV ) and wait 'til you brake your drive axles to switch them for the Summit's...

Other than that your throttle finger will be the best way to prevent breakages.

Keep in mind that a fully loaded ERBE with a couple of battery packs ways far more than the MERV ... so if you lose control at 40 mph and run it in a tree of a curb the kinetic energy it packs will make sure to do maximum damage

RC Racer
    well actually im a bit lucky cause i dont have any threes or curbs where i run my merv and will probably run my ERBE. then i wont get the big joes what other good wheel and tire conbinations are there? i live in Turkey so im going to order them once from tower hobbies. what do you mean by axle carriers? the arms or the knuckles? do i need the change the arms like i did with my merv i bought rpm arms.

RC Qualifier
    Welcome to the revo! Your MERV will no longer be used now that big brother is in town.

Big joes are ok, but not ideal. They are wide and heavy. Badlands are and outstanding tire! They are roughly the size of stock. If you need something more monster-trucky, look into the trenchers.The trenchers come in 2 styles, original and X. The X is a little wider and shorter. I prefer the originals, but they are getting hard to find.

You will break drive shafts eventually, look into the summit shafts. They are stronger and not much more money than the revo stockers.

The stock knuckles/axle carriers (same thing) are pretty good. Leave these stock.
    RPM does make better a-arms though, and are a great upgrade, at least on the front.
    The diffs are better than the MERV but still need some care. Stock is fine for now.
    If you have the extra cash, grab a castle link. It allows you to fine tune the esc, and most importantly control how fast the power is delivered.

The best upgrade you can get are new lipos and a decent charger though, if you dont have them already.

RC Racer
    i already have 2 2s 2200 mah 35-70c ******* ******** lipos and also a accucell 6 balance charger ill be sure to grab some extra front arms and knuckles also some shims for my diffs dont know about the catle link but you said it was very usefull so i will probably get those trenchers but the original ones. and a good looking rim with good offset. i will also probably buy 2x3s lipos with high mah and c rate. will the mmm have heat issues with the 6s ?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 007mrdr View Post
    i already have 2 2s 2200 mah 35-70c
    No not use these in the revo. The batteries will be ruined and theres a chance so will the esc. They do not provide enough amps for the truck. Yes I know they technically can do 165 amps, but they wont for long being that small. The batterys should be in the ballpark of 5000mah and 25c, or better.

Dont just plan on buying what I said, there are plenty of other opinions.

RC Racer
    noo i wont use them with the revo instead will buy 2x3s high mah and high c rate ******* batteries

RC Qualifier
    The ******** 6000 3s fits like a glove!
    The ******* 5000 3s 25c fit fine too.
    In either case, youll have to do some battery door trimming the let the giant ******* wires out. Nothing major.

RC Enthusiast
    According to the HK website, the ******** 6000 3s is 172mm (length). I'm surprised that they fit?

Change the push rods (5319X), they are longer than stockers and will reset ride height. Maybe change toe link (5338R), these are beefier than stockers.

Here's a link to what I changed on mine:

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-E-revo-hop-up

It all depends on how far you want hop your truck up and what you willing to spend (how deep are your pockets). There are plenty good threads on here with what guys have done to their trucks, if you have the time to search.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC poster
    If your planning on bashing you might want to stick with 4s especially since you are just getting the ERBE its hard to stay off the throttle. I have Dynamite 30c 6000mah hardpacks and they are awesome, fit like they were made for the truck and are $75.00 a pack. I run 18/54 and have never seen temps over 140f on the motor and usually about 100-110 on esc packs stay cool.

RC Enthusiast
    T-bone racing skid plates. I even have the summit bottom skid plate on mine and IMO it helps alot in less broken parts. Need heavier springs too since it does add a fair bit of weight.
    Whatever tires you decide on make sure to tape them.

RC Qualifier
    A temperature gauge is a must if you plan to bash hard on 6s. Monitor your temps to prevent motor or esc damage.

The castle link software is also a really good tool. Adjusting the punch control really helps take some of the strain off the driveline during hard acceleration.
    ERBE, Summit, Thunder Tiger MT4