Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    or i could get them at a junkyard for $50 for the set
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

alright, gonna go see what i can pick up at a junkyard. be on later ladies and gents
    Drag It!

So, went junkyarding again. I had the option of $25 a fender plus $2 core charge and then tax. Or the other big junkyard said they wanted $45, well I was able to talk them down to $35 flat and it was already pulled so I went that route. They also wanted $50 for a trunk lid but the only ones they had all had the factory spiked which I didn't want. But the u pull it yard only wanted $28 with core charge plus tax. So I went there to go get one. Turns out they changed their hours so I walked in 5 min before they closed. I looked over at their little parts table and seen what looked to he neon headlights. So I start checking them out and it says 99 neon on the bottom which means they fit any 95-99 neon. Well they happend to be almost brand new Chrome housing halo projector lights with clear corners as well. I asked how much and they said $50 so I took one out to compare to mine to make sure it was correct and they were. Being as I kind of wanted some anyway I couldn't pass up the deal. I looked them up on my phone and the cheapest set I found was $130 so I got the hook up. I'll post pics later cus I'm at my friends pizza place delivering since his 2 drivers both quit yesterday. So I'm down to make some cash flow lol
    Drag It!

so pretty much how it sits now. still working on getting the overspray off. but pretty much just got a second job at my friends pizza shop so now i have even less spare time....... but more money lol

see how the fender is all sorts of jacked up right beside the headlight? yeah, this is why i bought a new one lol

new lights at a steal of a price for what they are and the condition

Drag It!

gotta gas up the daily for my unufisual job later. and im gonna try and get something done to the neon. atleast finish scraping windows and get weather seals back on.
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    One thing ffor sure about the first Gen neon... the headlights were horrible!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

fresh out the car wash lol. and yes my friend is chilling in the car lol

old headlights............

new perrrrdy headlights lol

Drag It!

RC Champion
    Car is looking really good, are you going to paint the hood matt black like the rest of the car?
    Headlights make a huge difference.
    Matthew 7:7

RC Champion
    Looks like your friend will be baking in the car if he stays too much longer haha.
    Matthew 7:7

Yeah it hit prbly 100 degrees in the 4 minutes we closed the Windows for the auto wash lol. But yeah everything will be going flat black eventually
    Drag It!

ok, so the car has been giving me a few minor issues.

first: any day that its like above 90 F. outside the car does not want to run after about 20 minutes. it will litterly bog down loosing power until it gets so bad it will actually shut off. after the car cools down some it starts back up again. doesnt overheat on the gauge at all or anything. and any day that its cooler the car runs just fine the entire day. now i have been talking to the original builder of the car and he was having the same problem. he said theres a vent tube to the old charcoal canister that i guess was supposed to be vented but he capped it off. so is this my problem? i dont know just yet, need to play with it more.

second: car started to overheat the other day on me for first time. been smelling antifreeze and i did have to add a good amount. well ive been checking my floor board and it hasnt been wet or anything (carpet pulled out to reduce weight). there is still a rubber flap like deal on the firewall which i lifted up today. on the backside of that there is foam. well, its soaked so looks like i need a new heater core. this is probably also why my defrost doesnt work for poop and actually seems to fog the window up more when i turn it on.

thats the big things for right now.
    Drag It!