RC Qualifier

2.4mhz controller problem

So i was using my Raptor slash and the controller that came with it 2.4mhz with no problems, when i took off the receiver and installed it in my Emaxx, the distance to the car shortened to 2-3 feet max, i mean seriously u have to run behind a car to drive it, what can be the problem ?

When i was taking off the receiver, i accidentally ripped the antenna in half, so its much shorter now then when it used to sit in slash, do you guys think antenna is the problem ? what should i do ? extend it, or buy a new receiver ?

RC Qualifier
    Im sure the damaged antenna isnt helping the situation and is probably the root of your problem. I know one of the things the manufactures always tell you is to never cut or trim the receiver antenna. My suggestion would be to try and reconnect the piece of antenna that was severed and see what happens. Otherwise id just buy a new receiver.

Sorry about your luck.

RC Racer
    The 2.4 came with two generations of receiver - one had the antenna soldered to the board the other had a plug in connector - the later antenna can be bought although I dont believe Traxxas sells them , would have to be matched up to another brand receiver . If it is soldered in , there is a repair tip in the Traxxas Radio forum section that worked for me .

RC Qualifier
    i also heard that mamba monster drains A LOT OF POWER that it basically disallowing receiver to get any transmissions. can that be another problem that may cause such short distances ? if yes, how do i fix that ? it was plugged with single 3s 5000mah battery

RC Racer
    I broke the tip off mine and it only had a range of 20 feet so i would think that is the problem . The high draw motors will cause interference and that is why you see the motor wires braided into each other sometimes - but I highly doubt thats the problem if the antenna is ripped in half the KISS rule tells me the antenna is bad .