Thread: Esc reveresed?!

RC Enthusiast

Esc reveresed?!

I just put on an alum tranny went for a test run and everything was good only problem was if I had a hard hit or landing I have to wiggle the neg wire to the motor to keep goin. I tried to open the esc but failed I didn't want to break its case an mounting holes. I attached it back to the chassis and now when I pull the trigger to go forwards the truck goes backwards and vise versa. Anyone got any ideas what I did and how to fix it?! Thx

RC Qualifier
    you must have switched the wires, reverse them to see if it works
    All I need now is to set a new lap record.

RC Enthusiast
    I never took any wires off. I didn't get the esc cover off. Wierd eh!?

RC Qualifier
    Did you bump the switch on your radio? That will reverse it also.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    if you did not disconnect the motor wires from the esc wires, then the servo reverse on the tx was switched.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Enthusiast
    Why do you mean by the tx? Transmitter? I did use a sawzall blade to try and pry off the esc cover but stopped, I felt like it was Gunna break. How do I fix this reversed servo? It's so flipping awkward driving right now with the trigger doing the opposite I'm used to.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Switch the motor wires, or reverse channel 2 on the tx(transmitter=tx, receiver=rx. Just to save us all some typing lol!) to fix it. Are the motor wires matched red to red/ black to black? If not then that is the problem. If the motor and esc wires are connected together properly, then you will have to do the channel reverse on the tx. Which radio do you have?

RC Enthusiast
    Man I feel stupid.... The motor wires were wrong I had red to black..... Thx for ur help bud. I owe ya one. If u have a question on carpentry I'm your man.

I may need you for some ramp advice in the future!
    Glad you got it worked out!