RC Competitor

EZ-Peak dual stops charging?

Hi, I just purchased an EZ-Peak dual ID charger with two 3S 5000 mah battery's for my new X-maxx and the first charge and run on the truck went ok, according to the truck instructions it went into LVC mode so I stopped and let the battery's sit for about 10-15 mins then plugged them into the charger and hit the start button and they started to charge ok but about 10 mins later I noticed that it had stopped charging and the red 4 amp light was on solid red, I unplugged the battery's from the charger and the charger from the wall and tried again but same thing, about every 10 mins I have to restart the charge proccess, the battery charger instructions say that the 4amp light lit means Barry type does not match charger configuration, the instructions do say that this light would "flash" a trouble code, mine is not flashing, just solid red and it lets me restart charging ok and settings are correct. Anybody have any ideas why it would be doing this? Thanks for any and all input and happy holidays!!

RC Champion
    I would start be verifying what is the voltage of your battery once you have ran about 15mins..

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
    I would start be verifying what is the voltage of your battery once you have ran about 15mins..
    Can I do that by just touching the leads with a normal digital volt meter? What setting A/C or D/C? D/C would be my guess. Is there a Traxxas battery tester that will work with these new high amp plugs?

RC Enthusiast
    Same thing happening to me. Seems like the charger doesn't like non ID batteries. It throws all kinds of error codes. Batteries charge fine in my non traxxas charger.
    Last edited by 00ttvr6; 12-25-2015 at 05:07 PM.
    Pede 4x4 and Xmaxx S#301

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxnutt69 View Post
    Hi, I just purchased an EZ-Peak dual ID charger with two 3S 5000 mah battery's for my new X-maxx and the first charge and run on the truck went ok, according to the truck instructions it went into LVC mode so I stopped and let the battery's sit for about 10-15 mins then plugged them into the charger and hit the start button and they started to charge ok but about 10 mins later I noticed that it had stopped charging and the red 4 amp light was on solid red, I unplugged the battery's from the charger and the charger from the wall and tried again but same thing, about every 10 mins I have to restart the charge proccess, the battery charger instructions say that the 4amp light lit means Barry type does not match charger configuration, the instructions do say that this light would "flash" a trouble code, mine is not flashing, just solid red and it lets me restart charging ok and settings are correct. Anybody have any ideas why it would be doing this? Thanks for any and all input and happy holidays!!
    I have the exact same problem, and I am using traxxas 8400's. I will call traxxas today.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxnutt69 View Post
    Can I do that by just touching the leads with a normal digital volt meter? What setting A/C or D/C? D/C would be my guess. Is there a Traxxas battery tester that will work with these new high amp plugs?
    You got this right.

But looks like this would be an ezpeak issue.

This issue happened for me today as well. It has happened 2 times. It stops charging and the 4 amp light is shining soild. I then have to unplug the charger from the wall and try again. This never happened before and I have owned the battieries and charger for 4-5 months or so. I have the traxxas id lipos that came with the charger.