RC poster

Question ez-peak plus charger + lipo 2 s battery/charging time to store

Hello,

I have traxxas ez-peak plus charger and I just bought new lipo 2 s battery. I followed the manual and first started to charge store mode (because it will take time to use it first time in my car). Now the problem is that store mode havenīt stopped after 3 1/2 hours charging. Is it normal to take so long to store lipo battery? Battery is brand new and I just took it out of the box.

1 a, 2 a, 3, a 4 red lights have been solid for a long time, but green light is still flashing? I have no idea what is wrong

I don't know that charger but new batteries come at storage state. They shouldn't need to be put on a charger to put at the optimal level again unless the batteries are not a good quality.
    Google search trumps Wiki. Refer to user guide.

RC Competitor
    I was storage charging my batteries after running my car. It took only 10mins, does that make sense at all? It usually takes a hour to balance charge.
    Traxxas E-Revo,Traxxas Rustler VXL,Traxxas T-Maxx

RC poster
    Maybe your batterie was so close storage volume after running, so it was fast storage charge. My first "out of the box" storage charge was 4 hours. But now when I have full loaded couple of times and tried again storage mode, it took only 45 minutes.

RC Racer
    Lots of complaints here about the EZ peak dual not "finishing" the charge on the LH bank. I'm still using mine, but not sure for how long.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselPro View Post
    Lots of complaints here about the EZ peak dual not "finishing" the charge on the LH bank. I'm still using mine, but not sure for how long.
    I have seen this on mine. Trying to balance charge two Traxxas 2C 7.4V 7600 maH ID batteries and the right bank was at 4 lights and completed. The LH bank showed as 2 lights after being started at the same time - switched to the RH bank and it beeped as completed. Plugged both back into the RH bank a few times and they both beeped complete. New batteries mind you but not sure why the two banks read differently. I like the idea of the ID system being new to RC but starting to wonder if I bought the right charger.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by sixx77 View Post
    Hello,

I have traxxas ez-peak plus charger and I just bought new lipo 2 s battery. I followed the manual and first started to charge store mode (because it will take time to use it first time in my car). Now the problem is that store mode havenīt stopped after 3 1/2 hours charging. Is it normal to take so long to store lipo battery? Battery is brand new and I just took it out of the box.

1 a, 2 a, 3, a 4 red lights have been solid for a long time, but green light is still flashing? I have no idea what is wrong
    Yes, if I'm understanding you correctly, your new packs had a fair amount of charge left on them before you placed them in storage mode. The EZ peak is a decent fast charger but a terrible pack discharger as it will only dissipate power at a very low rate. I made this mistake when I first bought the EZ Peak and it was on the charger almost 8 hours discharging a full 2S LiPo pack back to storage voltage. Your 2S LiPo packs are fully charged at about 8.40 volts and storage voltage is about 7.70 volts, roughly 50%. I always discharge in the vehicle down to just below the 7.70 volts before placing in storage mode and then the charger brings them back up to storage voltage very quickly. If you don't have a VOM, pick one up, Walmart automotive has a decent digital VOM for about $25, I use mine constantly to monitor my packs.
    "For we walk by faith and not by sight" 2 Cor. 5-7

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselPro View Post
    Agreed, I have found that the left side of the EZ Peak works fine but just won't terminate the charge or storage cycle at the proper time. As mentioned elsewhere, when the right side finishes, move the left pack over to the right side and it typically indicates a full charge, beeps and you get the green light. I also use my VOM meter and when the right pack terminates the charge, I pull both and check voltages, they are usually the same and charging is complete. 2s Lipo packs are at 8.40 volts, 3s packs are at 12.60 volts when 100% charged.

RC Racer
    I keep this chart next to my charger for quick reference.