Thread: Upgrades?

RC Champion

Upgrades?

I have a slash VXL. The current upgrades are RPM front and rear a arms and RPM rear hubs. Everything else is pretty much stock. What are some key items to upgrade? I already have lipos and good tires. I like to stick to RPM due to its durability and resonable prices!
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC Qualifier
    Skid plates front and rear are a must. Front RPM skid plate sandwiches the bellcranks so they won't pop out during a hard hit.

Bumpers are nice, but not a must. Just replace as you break.

RC Qualifier
    caster blocks, take Traxxas alum not RPM, then hub carriers, bearings front and rear.

RC Champion
    if you can get it in rpm then get it when you break stock parts or get them so you already have them if and when you break something. durable, cheap, good warranty, and a lot of the time saves just a little weight. rpm is the best. the only aluminum part i went with on my slash is the strc bulkhead and anza front tie bar. i would suggest an rpm motor protector. i hear people bending stock shock shafts and i myself have bent some. ill be getting the shock shafts out of the traxxas big bore shocks as i hear they are stronger.

RC Champion
    I would suggest a set of hardened hinge pins that are threaded and use retaining nuts. A common area often overlooked for a smart upgrade. Stock ones have a tendency to back out and are of a softer metal. STRC and Anza offer upgraded pins. $15 or so and well worth it.

RC Enthusiast
    i went with the upgraded nitride shock shafts and have good luck so far. the big bores are not really worth the money.

motor heat sink and gear lower if running lipos, helps keep the heat down.

my best mod was proline caliber tires with proline split six beadlocks and 2s lipo's

RC Qualifier
    i've heard a whole lot of good things about big bores. i'm thinking about getting some myself. they're a lot stronger than the stock ones.

RC Qualifier
    I got my self integy piggybacks, those are insane, a little more weight to the car + super suspension

esc fan to keep the temps down and traxxas aluminuim castor blocks

Quote Originally Posted by scha0786 View Post
    i went with the upgraded nitride shock shafts and have good luck so far. the big bores are not really worth the money.

motor heat sink and gear lower if running lipos, helps keep the heat down.

my best mod was proline caliber tires with proline split six beadlocks and 2s lipo's
    Big bores are definitely worth the money.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Racer
    just wait till you crash and break something then upgrade it take this advise, you wont regret it!

RC Enthusiast
    do the big bores use larger diameter shock shafts? or do they just use the titanium shafts same diameter? i am thinking about the rpm 2 stage piston setup