RC Competitor

problem with the drive tray popping out at the clamps

i've ran my spartan about 4 times now and the drive tray comes out everytime. by this i mean it's popping out from the 2 catch clamps on the runners. i've tried tightening them down and they still pop out. i've checked them after it's popped out and they're still tight. the only thing i can think is that maybe the runners are flexing, therefore opening up and allowing the clamps to pop out? is this a common problem or am i the only one experiencing this issue? i figured i would check here first and if no solution i'll contact customer support.

RC Qualifier
    The only thing I can think of is maybe your tray is not all the way back and seated. There is a small step down in the hull railing where the tray should fit down in at the front of the tray. If the tray is not seated properly the clamps may not be catching the notches properly.

RC Qualifier
    Apart from what SJS has already suggested, if you are certain the tray is properly seated and tightened down, I can't think of anything further to check.

This is the first post I have seen identifying this problem, so you may be right, the runners may not be properly fastened to the hull allowing them to flex.

Hog

RC Competitor
    alright, took a second look at it tonight and found it was my fault. i didn't have it fully seated on the runners, the sides were flexing on the drive tray and raising it. it was always back, just not seated on the runners, but the way the drive tray sides were flexed, it didn't seem like it was a problem until i read what you were talking about and looked at it again, just had to pry the sides out a bit for it to set down. got it in and held tight now, should be a good weekend for some more runs! thanks for the info guys!