RC poster

Which radio? TQ link 2.4 or FlySky GT3b?

Iíve just opened my first Traxxas Slash 2WD w/a 2.4ghz tq link radio. Itís my 2nd R/C car. I also have a FlySky GT3B on a Tamiya Blackfoot Extreme. I only need one radio, since they can run multiple cars. Which do you think is a better 2.4 radio system and why?

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    I cannot say which is better, but the traxxas link has powered multiple vehicles just fine for me.

If you are racing, the flysky may be a better choice due to simpler menu navigation on the fly. I have not owned the cheap china radio, so dont take my word for it.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Qualifier
    I love both radios but like the FS better. I like having the LCD and using it for pc games.

RC poster
    Correction, it's not a link...it's a 2242 2 channel, 2.4ghz

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    with the 2217 rx? I have one of those also. I cannot use a radio with out end point adjustment, so I would have to give the nod to the flysky even though I have no experience with it.
    Last edited by rag6; 10-24-2011 at 09:50 PM.

RC poster
    no. it's the 2218x w/5 channels, I think. Does it make a diff?

RC Competitor
    Where do I live? In a house! (don't we all!)
    I don't use Traxxas radio gear at all (other than the occasional servo). Partly due to the fact that until very recently, traxxas used revolting am radios in all their vehicles, and I hated that. I always use Flysky. Yes, they are basic, and yes, they are cheap, But they have EXCELLENT range. I have a couple of those old FS-GT2 remotes, and a FS-GT3C remote (which has a lipo bat in it, and can be charged off of your laptop via a usb port). All the receivers are the same, so if you decide you want a car on a different remote, you can just bind it to that one.
    Jesus Is Lord.

This traxxas radio is no longer offered with the rtr's. You either have the tq 2.4 or tqi 2.4...

The hacked 8 ch flyskys are hard to beat, but if you need 3 or less channels, the tqi with i-device is better imo, but thats just me.

If you have 10 rcs, and want to run them all with 1 tx, then the super cheap 3ch fs rx's would be the way to go. Just know that the expo on the unhacked does not do anything, even when you adjust it lol...

RC Qualifier
    I have the tq 2.4 (without traxxas link) and the fly sky gt3b, and I like the flysky much better. Imo, the range on the tq is terrible, I can't even do speed runs with it because it doesn't have enough range. With the flysky I can drive my truck till it's so far away I can't see it.

I have both and the flysky does have the display which is a bonus. But its kind of a pain to set up.

The extra receivers used to be $7/each. I don't know what they cost now.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...