traxxas emaxx

My friends a retard!!

Ok so we went to the river and he totally drove it into the river and now its all slow. What should he do? buy a new motor or just give up on RC??

RC Qualifier
    What motor? Brushless? the stock titan 12 t ? maybe clean the brushes , is the esc the blue one? blue means water proof.
    Traxxas Slash 2wd and Thunder Tiger Tomahawk Vx

RC Champion
    dont give up on rc. find out whats wrong first. if he does this every few days then maybe he just shouldnt be so retarded. lol

RC Qualifier
    What motor? It can't be too hard to fix. Sometimes when your gear mesh comes too tight, it can be bogged down a bit, but it shouldn't be slow.
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

RC Racer
    i agee what Redlight said

RC Racer
    If it sat a while after then the bearing could have rusted up at the wheels or in the trans.

RC Champion
    Take your motor out and clean it. Spray it out with clean water and then re oil the bushings on each end. That should help.
    Then check all your bearings to make sure they are not rusted.
    Then take the spur gear and spin it by hand to make sure there is no binding in the drivetrain.
    And also, if your friend purposely drives your car directly into the water then I would definitely NOT let him drive it.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

Don't give up!!! Just don't let him drive the truck again. Make sure your screws and bearings are dry. You'll want to remove the wheels and take out the bearings to let them dry for a few days-you can help things along by spraying compressed air on them.

Definitely remove the transmission and open up the transmission case and if it's wet inside, remove the bearings, gears and open the diff and let that dry out for a few days. The trans may be dry inside but I doubt it. If you don't clean it out now that water will stay inside indefinitely and gum up your metal parts (rust). Good luck.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

These trucks are waterproof(still requires maintenance). Also...check to make sure the ESC wasn't accidently switch to training mode and make sure your batteries are charged. If there was a failure with the electronics the truck wouldn't be running at all.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Racer
    i know this is old but just saw it when I was scrolling through. I have a special needs son and find it highly offensive that you used the term "retard" be a little more mature and respectful