Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    The Race Prep next to the MVP for comparison. (I might be linking the same pictures again but I want this to be a comparison to the MVP).

And a Bonus. Brand New hanging on my wall.

Let me put it this way. The last stock motor Trinity made was the mystery stock. It had a quad rotor arm just like the Outlaw. During the testing racers stated it had the same power of the CO27 but ran cooler and smoother and can handle taller gearing while being slightly more efficient and having stronger brakes. Sadly trinity discontinued the motor fast b/c of brushless technology. Funny how Race Prep ideas made it to Trinity's motors 10 to 13 years later? Was Race Prep truly ahead of their times. I think so. Such a amazing little motor. I feel it deserves it place in a SRT...another amazing product that was short lived.
    Last edited by Emaxx2.0; 07-16-2012 at 03:01 AM.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Champion
    man what a trip seeing them!

you absolutely should put the race prep in there!

also a trip seeing a g&c label. wont ever shop there myself (im part of the oval crew that boycott them) but ive seen plenty of them labels over the years.

oh and i just bought a new dyno and hudy pro lathe fyi
    FieroMan121|SPC LiPo powered|Vintage TRX collector

Wait a min. So you're part of Uncle Mike and Dans Nixon crew? Funny about the arm. I bought it off eBay a couple months ago. It came.from Fort Meyers and was shipped from I guess one of the Nixon's daughter and I didn't realize it was purchase front g&c. The track died since everyone left.
    Last edited by Emaxx2.0; 07-16-2012 at 08:33 AM.

RC Champion
    TEAM 34!

the nixon boys converted me to oval.

yeah, hang out with all the old g&c guys that still race. imho they killed themselves. most of their revenue was the oval racers and when they decided to stop running nitro what did they think would happen? but i digress, this is NOT the place for this type of crap.

that arm is probably from Willy's old stash. that guy had some serious rc stuff. i got to see it all when dan and mike bought him out. it was mind boggling.
    Last edited by SRTracer121; 07-16-2012 at 10:15 AM.

Very nice pictures! And, history! I have to get one of those motors to test it on a truck...
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    Very nice pictures! And, history! I have to get one of those motors to test it on a truck...
    Goodluck with that. These motors are probably harder to find the a Wildcat NIB. Not many were made b/c they were Outlaws and only the Oval guys ran them.

RC Champion
    ive got a few 36 motors laying around most just junk trinity motors that have had the snot run out of them.

keep us posted boss.

Really? I know I want to find someone to rewrap my MVP arm. I want to keep it a 27t but I want to quality of a hand wound mod and have the winding welded to the comm not just connected withthe tap folded over.. Going to get a krytonite can and use a Ti standup endbell. Outlaws are amazing fun and powerful but with that much timing laydown brushes will only increase resistance and amp draw and this equal heat very fast.

RC Champion
    i think tom @ spc still has the gear to do it. i never ever touched the windings on my motors

....I especially never cut windings out of stock cans to cheat either, that would be down right wrong

Quote Originally Posted by SRTracer121 View Post
    i think tom @ spc still has the gear to do it. i never ever touched the windings on my motors

....I especially never cut windings out of stock cans to cheat either, that would be down right wrong
    No Never...who would ever do such a thing

Well I finished my SRT. This is going to be my race