Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Every once in a while i'll have some of the neighborhood kids stop and view in awe at my RC's. Then you will get a kid that will ask if they can drive it. I always tell them it costs lots of money $$$. They usually won't ask again. One kid asked if he could buy one from me for $20. I didnt even answer him back. LOL I've been pretty lucky and not had them stand in front of, chase or throw things at it.

Hopefully these little tikes won't come out everytime yall go out to drive. Might have to find a bashing spot across town or something.
    I had a kid offer me a 12 pack of Coke.
    Rusty VXL W/ Sandrail Chassis (Coming soon...)

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMike9494 View Post
    I had a kid offer me a 12 pack of Coke.
    That is a tempting offer for me! It's hard to resist a cold coke... Gotta love kids.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Qualifier
    I live near a high school and run my trucks in their practice fields or parking lots. The older kids will stop and watch but never ask. They just stand there and say.... Man that dude has some awesome cars. I gotta get one of those. Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the neighborhood rugrats ruining you and your sons fun. Maybe if you smash them in the ankle once or twice at WOT they would leave you alone. I personally would break out my hockey mask and a chain saw and run around the yard in my underwear. They would think I'm totally crazy and run..... which by the way, I am

RC Qualifier
    or put camo paint on your face and low crawl around the yard with a supersoaker and spray em' down
    Last edited by guardog; 05-25-2012 at 05:15 AM.

I was running my Pede and two little kids started to chase it. That went on for 20 minutes without a rest.
    Their mom thanked me for entertaining them and said that they would sleep like roses that night.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Champion
    My neighbors kid just watches because he knows how expensive these things are. When i got my brand new emaxx a couple weeks ago i let my dad drive it because i thought he couldnt be that bad. He rolled it in the street then he gave me the controller back. If any kid tried to hit my emaxx, i would charge them with it lol. I would go tell there parents though.

When kids want to play or when there is any risk of hurting them, I stop or I go elsewhere. Kids should be able to play free and not having to worry about an old fart who is playing with his R/C toys.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by -FLEX- View Post
    Anyone else have to deal with this?
    Yes, all the time. The neighborhood kids jump out in front of my RC, and one of the adults even crossed over into the left side of the road at 40mph in a 25 to try to chase me down (fortunately, a passenger vehicle has little chance of keeping up with a brushless RC). Trust me, for the most part there's no dealing with these kids now or their parents for that matter. Bro, you need to scope out (as in drive around, unfortunately) as to where you can run your vehicle and not be bothered by anyone. I used to have a good spot at a vacant warehouse with a nice, big parking lot with no obstacles. The only other alternative is going to your local track. There was a time many years ago when my Rustler was a bone-stock $100 vehicle with a manual speed controller...I used to give the neighborhood kids a turn at it and they were mostly patient & polite. These days, I get the same age kids literally grabbing the controller out of my hand or being really pushy about it, like they have some sort of right to run it. You can't blame yourself for bad parenting on the part of others. If I would have done something like what you describe in you posts when I was that age, I would have been in some very serious trouble. So, I guess you can try to talk to the parents...but don't count on it having any affect. And if they steal your stuff, I'd say yes call the police (but once again, don't count on it having any affect). Unfortunately, these kids now know they are beyond any sort of consequences, whether it be parental or from being a minor.

RC Competitor
    I think its just wrong for those kids to do that,Im only young but i let one of my mates drive Slayer Pro, it was WOT or stopped, so i took it from him. idea though you could put your battery packs under the meanes Pitbulls you could find.
    You don't need to plug Nitro into the wall

RC Qualifier
    I only let close friends drive my Rusty and only 2 people other than me can drive my MERV. No one but me drives my MERV on 3S. People who i don't completely trust I only let drive in open fields.

RC Enthusiast
    I've had kids ask that kind of thing, with both my Slash and Summit. The kids could be anywhere between 3 and 9. I'll make a judgment call. If they're polite and don't seem like idiots, I'll let them STEER. I'll kneel down and work the throttle while they steer. That way I can always slam on the binders if they are headed towards a crash. If they ask to work the throttle, it's a firm but gentle NO. 99% of the time they're so glad to drive it that they don't care about working the throttle.

Of course, you have to make sure you're away from other people, in a nice open area, etc., etc.

It's always been a positive experience for me so far. But there are always punks out there, unfortunately, so you do have to use some judgment...

RC Champion
    I keep my paintball gun with me.
    Revo 2.5R T-Maxx 2.5
    1/16 Revo VXL QR-1 and DR-1

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxMan View Post
    hahahaha. I could see that going down well
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

RC Champion
    Come on guys lets not have this go the same way...... I know it's friendly banter but just don't mention it.

The most common question I get asked is "How fast does it go?"
    No kid has asked me to have a go yet. I guess it's two different cultures. Kids in the UK don't just come up to you and demand to have a go.
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

RC Champion
    Sorry double post........
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    flex just drive to the school yard. or paintball gun. haha

RC Competitor
    I get people that will watch mine, ask questions (how fast, what does it run on, etc..) I have let my close friends drive mine and they NEVER hold it wide open down the road or slam into curbs or anything. However, one time my neighbor came over and asked if his son could drive it. With him there I hoped he would be strict on his son driving it, seeing as though he was literally right there. Well no, that was not the case. The split second his son got ahold of that radio, I watched as my baby was held wide open and slammed into a curb. Usually thats not a big deal except my T-Maxx was sitting lower around that time and whatta ya know. I get to shell out $65.00 on some new RPM parts as my neighbor just walks away. The only people who get to drive my truck are me, myself, and I.

RC Champion
    Me,myself, and I lol. I hate people like that.
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by minirevobasher View Post
    Me,myself, and I lol. I hate people like that.
    rather rude for a broke person who needs to borrow a truck to run now

RC Champion
    I thought me myself and i was funny what he said. Then i meant i hate people who brake your truck and not pay to fix it. Sorry about the confusion. Not trying to start any fights.
    Last edited by minirevobasher; 06-19-2012 at 10:11 PM.
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

RC Qualifier
    I actually live near a skate park, and try to go there really early or when I know kids are in school. The two groups that bug me are the ones that are young, like <10, and the ones that are maybe a little older than that but unattended when they SHOULD be attended. But really, they only ask once, I say no, end of story. They may follow but not maliciously (yet). Pave hit it on the head, this problem is due to parents being terrible. Anywho, this skate park is not in a good area, I'm sure everyone's city has 'that street' with the low rent apartments, shootings, etc, that you steer clear of. Any parent that would let their kid go by themselves to a park off of that road should be drawn and quartered, but they do. The kids whom are attended by their parents, rarely if ever ask, and are polite overall. There was actually one kid whose father I talked with on a few occasions who I was going to let drive the stampede on training mode. Went so far as to hand him the controller...held it for a few seconds then gave it back "No no no, I'll break it, thank you though." Almost made me want to force it on him

Regarding anyone else, I don't even care if it's family, unless I know the person will pay for damages, I won't let them drive any of my rigs regardless of age or relation. It's pretty easy if you have any kind of relationship to know who is responsible with money, who takes things seriously, etc. And even then you could still be unpleasantly surprised with the 'oops sorry, bye'.

Another thing that bugs me, is how people drive it. Even if they're not WOT the whole time, they jack rabbit the throttle, stop and start too fast, etc. It's like watching someone grinding the gears in your 1:1 car and ride the brake and gas at the same time. I just sit there wringing my hands and covering my eyes until I can't take it anymore and make up some excuse to grab the controller back, hah.
    P2de VXL - Summit

RC Racer
    No good girl stories though.... Friday I went out with the emaxx to a local park, probably not supposed to run it there but it was pretty empty. Took the truck out of my car and noticed this hotty jog by. Im fumbling around took the lipos out of the lipo sack found the body pins checked the wheels were secure and was about to velcro in the lipos (gmaxx chassis) The girl comes around again and stops there and is just jogging in place bouncing and is like "looks like alot of fun" I being a no suave guy was like "yeah right " and then had trouble putting the velcro loops through. Shes still bouncing there and Im wishing to god she would just jog on incase I shock myself unconscious plugging in these dual 6s lipos. No luck still bouncing jogging in place waiting for me to run it. So I get it fired up and shoot it down the park and shes squeaking and all excited. About 45 seconds later she says "let me try" ......... I showed her my wedding ring and said "my wife doesnt share" kid you not. She bailed

RC Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bazookamaxx View Post
    About 45 seconds later she says "let me try" ......... I showed her my wedding ring and said "my wife doesnt share" kid you not. She bailed
    Well played, good sir. Well played.
    Stampede 4x4 VXL
    Son's: Rustler XL-5, EREVO VXL

RC Qualifier
    MaxxxxaM that sucks. If i did that to someones tmaxx i would at least say sorry and pitch in a couple of bucks. the nerve of some people. kids ask me to drive it and I say no and ignore them. But they haven't like thrown a foam hammer. they chase it then i drive it in the street and they leave it alone.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by -FLEX- View Post
    Bought my son an E-Revo yesterday.

He doesn't live with me so he doesn't know any of the kids in the neighborhood, and there's a few new kids that even I don't know, and of course they all come running over. I understand that. It's cool, right?

So one kid asks me if he can run the car and I said no. He says "Did you just say no?" incredulously. So I said "yep". And he was like "Why not?" I said "Because the thing cost $300, that's why."

So then they all start chasing the thing around and trying to block it while he was driving it. He got tired of that quick and stopped and picked up the car. I could tell he didn't want to drive it because of them and how they were acting.

So I said, let's take it to the parking lot at the schoolyard, figuring the little kids would not follow.

Wrong.

He was like the pied piper with all the other kids in tow as we walked over to the school.

Again as soon as he started running the car they were chasing it and trying to get in the way and one kid had this big foam hammer thing (like Thor) and was throwing it at the car. Odd behaviour IMHO.

I didn't say anything to the kids as I didn't know them, and again my son picked up the car and started walking home. He didn't understand why they were trying to ruin his fun. And neither did I, to be honest. Kids will be kids, I guess.

So we went inside and took it out again later when they weren't around.

Anyone else have to deal with this?
    Yeah im 17 and all my little brothers friends always ask to drive my Rustler vxl around and i say no and they say why not and i tell them if they put down a 350 dollar deposit that sure they can drive it. and they proceed to try to chase it and cut me off, one kid fell on it and that really ticked me off so then he ends up falling on my car and the kids father comes out and says be a little more careful please, i said excuse me sir but im trying to have fun driving my car while your kids try to destroy it, the father walks across the street and gets in my face, first of all im a minor at 17 years and standing at 6'4 275 playing Offensive line for my high school, your barking up the wrong tree there guy, so finally he walks away and brings his kids inside, and i proceed to play with my rusty, some nerve some people have i swear!! lol
    Rustler Vxl,Slash 2WD,Slash 4X4,SPC Lipos

RC Qualifier
    Once a 6 year old asked if he could drive my mini summit. I let him drive because it had lower gearing and a flipped tranny on a brushed setup. It did about 6 mph.
    Cars: erevo vxl, 1/16 summit, stampede vxl, tmaxx

RC Racer
    A little kid at a park said his brother got a rc lighting mcqueen car from walmart that did 100mph. Im pretty sure XO-1s are not sold at walmart . I tell the kids on my street that it takes years of practice to drive my cars.
    Stampede VXL, Stampede 4x4, Rustler VXL

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpede09 View Post
    A little kid at a park said his brother got a rc lighting mcqueen car from walmart that did 100mph. Im pretty sure XO-1s are not sold at walmart . I tell the kids on my street that it takes years of practice to drive my cars.
    Hahahahaha lightning mcqueen. That is a good one
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    wow, please do not try to injure anyone with your rc.
    Making someone flip over the handlebars and getting a head injury does not only hurt another person unjustifiably, it could lead to a manslaughter charge.

This thread smells bad...
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Making someone flip over the handlebars and getting a head injury does not only hurt another person unjustifiably, it could lead to a manslaughter charge.

That would attempted man slaughter and it would put a bad name on rc.

Sent from snowmaxx's ipod touch using tapatalk
    I blame it all on speedpede09

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post

who said anything about flipping people off handle bars ?
    Last edited by Double G; 06-21-2012 at 07:37 PM. Reason: personal attacks removed

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    I run my crawlers in the back yard where they can't see them lol. At my LHS rock course they always want to watch, and if it is a regular there or the kids parent(s) is watching as well I will let them take it for a spin. When I run my Slash at the LHS track, no one asks. At home, I will let the neighbor's little girl take it for a spin and thats about it. The others like to just watch it. Only problem I had was a teenage punk run it over for not letting him drive it. He failed to damage anything, just dented the body. So I ran it full speed into the back of his front wheel "on accident" when he went to ride past again. He went over the handlebars and all the little kids just laughed at him. Never saw him on my street again.
    i hit them with my nitro's and with electric bash them in to them then they leave. Problem?
    None of that is acceptable...

Now this on the other hand is the way to do it:
    Yeah, I tell them if they want to drive it, then they have to pay me money first--not just a dollar, but a few hundred. They ask why and I respond that it cost that much. Pay to play. Or I'll ask them if I can ride their bike or use one of their beloved possessions and see what they say.
    I'll typically run it in an area where there are no kids or they are a distance away. If they come over they can watch, but chasing it around I'll be stern and let them know that I'm not okay with it. If the parents get involved, I'll say I have a right to play where I want and that is why I chose the spot a fair distance from everyone else and the kids came to me.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Racer
    I had a kid tell me that his rc was better than mine. I said go get it and he said that it was broken. Then he asked if r could drive mine.

Sent from da iPhone
    2WD Slash Vxl W/ Venom 2cell LIPO 7.4v 5000Mah 20c

RC Racer
    I had some of the neighborhood kids ask to run my erevo. I said first to catch it can run it for 5 minutes. If not you guys have to leave me alone for the whole day. Needless to say I had about 10 kids chasing the truck around the playground with the parents and myself having a good laugh. Went one for about 1o minutes until they all gave up! They stood by their word and left me alone.

Next day, "Hey sir, can we have the same deal as yesterday?"

RC Racer
    two words dummy controller my sister has 7 kids and they ask allt he time if they can play with it and i say no but one day i found my old rc controller i came up with the idea i keep the real controller most kids arent gonna question the only thing they are thinking is "oh hes letting me play with it" I keep the real one and stand next to them and use the controller behind my back watching what they do and thay are none the wiser and if they ask why they cant use the one your using then just say its easier if u use this one and it goes faster the only words that register are "it goes faster"

RC Racer
    I politely tell them no. Its a very expensive Rc car. Then like you said they chase so I go inside. Real bummer.

This thread is too funny! I guess kids are kids wherever they are.

It would be one thing if their parents were there so I could explain how expensive and how fast they go. I'm sure the parents would take it from there. Or you get some people that think you picked it up at the nearest toys r us.

RC Enthusiast
    well said..........but only the good kids.....i will somtimes let them steer with i work the gas...if that is not good enough then the straight up answer is no !

Quote Originally Posted by 1979chevy. View Post
    Personally, I would tell them that they could each drive the car for a minute or so if they are extremely careful, tell them to not squeeze the throttle very far at all. I have experience with kids big time, lots of kids haha, they just feel left out and try to gain attention anyway they can (even if it means throwing stuff at the car to get noticed).
    Let the kiddos drive the car for a bit in a nice large grassy area where the chances of breaking something is minute.
    I let kids drive the Slayer and T-maxx every once in a while when they show up while I'm driving .
    After a minute or so they are satisfied and are content to watch.
    There's a chance here for you to mentor these kids and get them started into the hobby.
    Just my two cents man, it's your car

RC Qualifier
    Whenever I show my friends my rc cars and all of the recent upgrades, they will always ask to drive. I pull out the ol' batteries are dead and take forever to charge trick. A lot of kids don't realize how difficult it can be to drive an rc capable of extreme speeds
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dennerracingteamdrt

RC Competitor
    My neighborhood kids are pretty nice, where they only ask how fast it goes and how much it cost (I only give them the stock truck price so as to not remember how much money I've thrown into the thing). The only real "watcher" I've had in the past three weeks I've had it was aaall the way on the other end of the block on his bike, I couldn't help but smile.

Then again, all the townspeople already know I'm a little...off and owning a machine such as this comes as no surprise to them.
    Duh-duh-DUH-duh-DUH-duh...

RC Qualifier
    Ive had kids chase mine around at a park and i think one time i actualy nocked a kid down but he was cool.

There was one time i almost hit a guys car and he started swearing at me.
    Last edited by TMAXX HAWK; 07-05-2012 at 10:01 PM.
    Stupid 50 character Limit!!!!!