Thread: Mip cvd

RC Champion

Mip cvd

So I've been looking around for center CVDs for my E Maxx and I'm thinking about getting the MIP brand.

All the searching I've done says the part I need for an E Maxx is #1495. Heres a picture:

What I need help with or my question is, how well does this fit if at all The front shaft on the E Maxx is much shorter than the rear. Is this just a generic picture for the product and the real parts are sized correctly? Am I missing something?

Compare it to the Traxxas 5151R:

RC Qualifier
    Those MIP's won't fit the new E Maxx, MnM. I couldn't find any for the newer Maxx on the MIP website. Might want to email them and see what they have.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by LD View Post
    Those MIP's won't fit the new E Maxx, MnM. I couldn't find any for the newer Maxx on the MIP website. Might want to email them and see what they have.
    Yeah maybe a call is needed. When you follow their path on the website for part for a 3905 E Maxx, the center CVD listed is a part #1495 and that's the image associated. Maybe their web support is messed up.

RC Enthusiast
    I switched to the traxxas ones after my 3rd run with the MMM setup twisted them to the breaking point.
    The traxxas ones have held up great so far and they look good.
    A lot of places are out of stock. If you're interested PM me and I'll let you know where I got them.

Also the pic you have listed is the right thing for the Center drives.
    The front is way shorter than the rear. 5151 is the part I purchased.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by MooCowliber View Post
    I switched to the traxxas ones after my 3rd run with the MMM setup twisted them to the breaking point.
    The traxxas ones have held up great so far and they look good.
    A lot of places are out of stock. If you're interested PM me and I'll let you know where I got them.

Also the pic you have listed is the right thing for the Center drives.
    The front is way shorter than the rear. 5151 is the part I purchased.
    Yeah, 5151R is what I want but no one has them in stock, so I thought I'd look into the MIP ones but now I'm sure because of that picture and what LD said about that part not fitting.

Please PM me where you got yours. I've tried several places. Even if their site shows them is stock... after a couple of days I'll get an email from the company stating "We're sorry for the error, but we don't have the part in stock that you ordered"