Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    do they rub on a stock 4x4 body

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rckid97 View Post
    I'm running negative camber. So when the shocks compress they actually sit right inside the body. I still have to dial my front in. I talked to dread about this and he suggested doing this. Beats the heck out of chopping the body up.

I'll take some pics tonight and post them in the AM.

Oh and my Desert Rat body is officially painted.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    I love the look on the Tekno with 17mm adapters. Let us know how you like them when you put them to the test.

Quote Originally Posted by hskb View Post
    I love the look on the Tekno with 17mm adapters. Let us know how you like them when you put them to the test.
    I will do. I'm going to eat some dirt this weekend!! The weather better cooperate. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Quote Originally Posted by Rckid97 View Post
    This is what the tires look like with the stock body. A little bit of negative camber with the rear arms set level, and they ride perfect under the body when depressed. Just like stock tires they will rub the top inside of the wheel well if pushed to the limits. You could run stops so that it wouldnt rub the inside of the body i guess.

Here's a couple shots of the stock body with the tires mounted.

You can really see the neg camber and toe in here.

Last edited by DiggerPede; 05-29-2012 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Moved pics to 4x4 Slash album...got trigger happy this morning. haha
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Nice solution. Now get some pics of that painted body!
    Nobody is born with experience

Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    Nice solution. Now get some pics of that painted body!
    Don't you like the thrill of waiting??? I'm tweaking the pics. I'll have to get some good pose shots so i can add one to my......Avatar.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Don't you like the thrill of waiting??? I'm tweaking the pics. I'll have to get some good pose shots so i can add one to my......Avatar.
    Watch where you are going. You own patience might be tested later on too

Update: Desert Rat Body finally painted =)

I finally had a chance to paint up the Desert Rat body. I started Sunday night and finished mid day yesterday. The first layer was cobalt blue, a whole cans worth and backed with Indy Silver. This gives it an iridescent blue color in lighting. You can kinda see the blueish tint. I used the Parma Aggravation Paint Mask #10823. This is my first time to use one of these. It actually worked nicely. I had a few areas that didnt stick to well with the curves of the Desert Rat body. These flames were painted using Atomic Rust. All in all it came out really well. I had to mount the body a little higher than normal. I might end up trying to drop it a tad still. The roofline on this one is kinda shallow so the COG might end up being ok. I won't really know till i bash it.

I still have to run the truck and dial a few things in. I test ran the truck last week for about 5mins and was impressed so far by what i had already done.

Here are the pics everyone has been waiting for. Hope everyone likes them. =)

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

That is a sweet paint job! You did a great job! The tires don't rub on this body either? You are going to add the pics to your avatar? Could you pm me on how you did that to your avatar? I like how you DoD that
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S 2400 MIP King Headz RPM 3PL

Very nice job, buddy. Something different that you often see, I like that.
    Now get it in your avatar! *giggles*

Here is another pic of the top of the lid.

@ El Sob, I have a negative camber in the rear so they sit right inside the body nicely. I still need to tune the front end so that there is minimal rub, well hopefully. LOL

@ Peter, uh huh!!!!

Thanks guys. I thought it came out nicely. Like I said the pics dont do it justice. When you put it in the sun you can see the iridescent blue shimmer. A total wow factor you can't see by just lookiing at it. I also have a set of black wheels with hole shot type tread pattern. I'll zap those tonight and post in the AM.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    Nice job Digg !!!!!!cant wait to hear how it runs
    LET'S SEE WHAT BREAK'S TODAY

RC Racer
    is it all put togeter now post a pic of it

Quote Originally Posted by itsstock10 View Post
    Nice job Digg !!!!!!cant wait to hear how it runs
    Thanks my friend. I did a 5 min test run a few nights ago. I still have to hunker down the glitch buster and tack down the outerwears shroud. A few tweaks here and there and i should be good to go.

I have a few more items that i'll be upgrading over the next few months. I see some Lunsford Titanium links and those magnesium arms dread is running as future additions to the rig. He bashed the mess out of them and just bent the inside hine pin connection. I'm impressed if they have withstood his arsinal than they should last me a lifetime. haha

Yo wildironman loook ^^^^^ LOL. I hope i dont need to repost the pics for you to see them.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

It's almost too nice to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    It's almost too nice to drive.
    I know right. Until it lands on its lid i'll prolly play gentle with it. LOL

Many many thanks my friend.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    The paint job came out good nice work Digger

RC Qualifier
    sweet truck ,
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

Two words, YYYEEEAA BUUUUDDDDYYY! .SICK! Looks terrific digg, and LOVE the attention you put into it. Those shocks make me druel, and I copied and pasted that list real quick! Thinkin the Pedes gonna be getting those shocks! Question, can u run those without their sleve? What does it look like?

Terrific job man, LOVE the detail u put into the whole thing.... This is FOR SURE my next build. Dyen to have a SLash UE also... VERY NICE!
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

Thanks LooT!!! I still have some clean'n up to do. Trying to figure out how I want to mount my Glitch Buster. I really haven't spent much time thinking on a really nice location. I probably need to mount my Outerwears shroud first so that it doesnt get in the way.

I took last night off from the truck......anyone that has kids knows what i'm talking about. You just can't pass up quality time with them. Especially when you pull up in the driveway and your son opens the front door and is excited to see you. Then when he finally calms down hours later and then it's daddy daughter time.... Anyways.......if anyone only knew...LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    I know what you mean Digger. I can only get time with rcs after they go to bed sometimes. Shift work makes it hard to get time in for everything.

On another note....this is one SICK build. Very very slick!! You really did this one up!! Im like loot. I gotta build one of these!!
    SUMMIT,P4DE,MERV

Quote Originally Posted by BAMAFAN View Post
    I know what you mean Digger. I can only get time with rcs after they go to bed sometimes. Shift work makes it hard to get time in for everything.

On another note....this is one SICK build. Very very slick!! You really did this one up!! Im like loot. I gotta build one of these!!
    At least we in the same boat. I don't do shift work, but I do work long hours and many days in a row during Turnaround/ Shutdowns.

Appreciate it man! I'm just so anxious to charge up some Lipo and get down with the get down. haha Funny thing is I have more 4x4 trucks than I do 2x4's now. LOL

It's all good they all have special character that seperates them.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    Yeah charge up sum packs and get down lets see sum scratches on that body and bumpers.Gotta love the first scratch priceless !!!!!!

Yeah charge up sum packs and get down lets see sum scratches on that body and bumpers.Gotta love the first scratch priceless !!!!!!
    What's up Mr Sin City!!!! I'll try and shout at you again one day. They have me bowed up....
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

I threw my other set of treads from suprasales on. These are a medium compound tire. I don't find the black wheel as blingy as the white, they still look nice though.

Last edited by DiggerPede; 05-30-2012 at 04:42 PM.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    I nutted the truck looks magnificent! Awesome paint scheme to button things up. I was looking at the under lid shots and when I heard you got to run it, I was really happy for you man. Congrats on a very successful build.

On a side note, is this your first 'ground up' build? Even if it isn't, thanks for showing how awesome it can really be.

And as much as I love the bling, I think you'll be liking the black rim setup once it gets a little dirty Nice work DiggerPede, high five dude

Quote Originally Posted by Oaks View Post
    I nutted the truck looks magnificent! Awesome paint scheme to button things up. I was looking at the under lid shots and when I heard you got to run it, I was really happy for you man. Congrats on a very successful build.

On a side note, is this your first 'ground up' build? Even if it isn't, thanks for showing how awesome it can really be.

And as much as I love the bling, I think you'll be liking the black rim setup once it gets a little dirty Nice work DiggerPede, high five dude
    Thanks my friend!!! I would say YES this is my first ground up build, because i tore it completely down, cleaned, & built it back up with my choice of parts. My other trucks are considered more on the fly upgrades. Still fun and entertaining. If i hadn't been working so much it would've been done in a weekend. LOL

Next up tear down the Digger and clean her up. I almost want to mount the new spare lid because that one has been on for so long. I've tried busting it up and skidding it down the pavement, it has yet to fail me.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Update: Ooops I did it again....... Hmmmm!!!

I couldnt hold out. I had to make an order for some Team RCE Fr/ Rr A-arms & Shock Towers. Also an order to AMAIN for Lunsford Hinge Pins & Links set. I know I know. LOL

I wasnt impressed at all with all the flex the RPM A-arms allow so I had been contemplating on buying the nickel plated magnesium a-arms for strength and weight. I also decided on the adjustable shock towers. I think they are totally mean looking and can see the adjustablility of them adding a great performance factor to the mix.

I've been wanting for a long time to purchase a set of lunsford hinge pins and links. So now I will finally have a chance to run them. Yet again stength and weight will be a great plus for this build. This should be delivered by Saturday. Yeehaw!!! ( just a mild Texas accent thar ) haha

Team RCE Fr/Rr A-Arms SKU SL44-AA

Team RCE adjustable Fr Shock Tower SKU SL44-FST

Team RCE adjustable Rr Shock Tower SKU SL44-RST

Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pin/ Turnbuckle set LNS4727

Yep yep had to do it.....this almost concludes my upgrades to this rig. Now to finally get to drive the sucker. I'm working tomorrow.....oh boy!! ha
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    Dude those look sweet so how strong are they if I break or bend one will they send a new one !!!! cause you know me id break or bend one my first run . I really like the lcg convertion kit might have to add that to mine

Dude those look sweet so how strong are they if I break or bend one will they send a new one !!!! cause you know me id break or bend one my first run . I really like the lcg convertion kit might have to add that to mine
    I talked with dread and he bashed the mess out of his for nearly 2 months straight and just bent one of the arms right at rights hinge pin area. So I'm convinced they are pretty dang tough.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    The new design is awesome! I've got another full set on already and I doubt ill bend them. It took some really dumb and outragois hits to bend the first one, But the chainlink fence got the best of them lol
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    The new design is awesome! I've got another full set on already and I doubt ill bend them. It took some really dumb and outragois hits to bend the first one, But the chainlink fence got the best of them lol
    ^^ That is enough to convice me they are a great set. I hope to find out soon enough.

On another note i'd still like to try the ProTrac kit out. I'd like to slap that on my P4de in the near future just for giggles. I really havent done a whole lot to that truck in areas of good upgrades. It has RPM arms to. I like RPM just not sure of to much flex in the arm area on a heavier truck like these. Just me though.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    yeah I won't be using rpm arms anymore since I've noticed they do bend and stay bent. I prefer a stiffer plastic like the stock ones or protrac arms.
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Rpm advertise that dropping their products into a pot of boiling water for a short time will bring them back to the original shape. I have so many sets of stuff from them still in tact but bent out pf shape, that it may be worth a shot. I'll do some tonight, let you know how it works later. As far as RCE'S arms, yes they are super tough, yes they take a great big beating and are far better than any I have ever used or seen but, But, they are metal, they will bend at some point, and they are pretty pricey so, if your a basher looking for durable and long lasting, consider how you will feel when they bend. They will bend at some point! It took more than my stocker arms and I've had rpm shatter under less strain so just be prepared for that moment! Don't come back soaking RCE. These will not be a MT truck friendly arm. Don't add extra stress. I used sc set up with tons of power and they did awesome work for me. I know a Mt set up would kill um!.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Qualifier
    Nice truck. I ran a similar setup with my mmp 2400 on 4s with the tekno cv's and 17mm adapters. Took them off due to my protrac kit. Will be back on once they release the new longer dogbones.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

Quote Originally Posted by Sierravmax View Post
    Nice truck. I ran a similar setup with my mmp 2400 on 4s with the tekno cv's and 17mm adapters. Took them off due to my protrac kit. Will be back on once they release the new longer dogbones.
    Yep seen Tekno came out with the longer bones a while back. I'm thinking about picking up a protrac kit for my P4de and moving up to the Tekno setup on it with the longer bones.

Thanks the truck is coming out really nice. I have a package coming in today. Should be the Lunsfords....then monday the T-RCE goodies.

Oh and did I mention i'm working today also.....
    Last edited by DiggerPede; 06-02-2012 at 06:42 AM.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Digger you have built yourself an awesome truck This has been a great thread I need the OT to kick back in at work so I can use a few of the same upgrades you are
    No Limit RC of Maryland

RC Racer
    Looking great! More upgrades already?!?! That awesome, Sometimes i can not make up my mind either! This is one of the coolest build i have seen!

Quote Originally Posted by SlashDigger View Post
    Digger you have built yourself an awesome truck This has been a great thread I need the OT to kick back in at work so I can use a few of the same upgrades you are
    Yessir. :-) It's been a busy year so far. Doesn't look to be letting up anytime soon either.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddzda View Post
    Looking great! More upgrades already?!?! That awesome, Sometimes i can not make up my mind either! This is one of the coolest build i have seen!
    Say what?! LOL I found a weak spot and another upgrade I've always wanted. So....... you know how that goes.

Appreciate it guys. I can't wait to put some miles on it.

Oh & I'll be uploading a few shots in the am.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore