RC Racer

Slash 4x4 field basher

I want to have my slash converted to where I can tear up some soccer type fields (mowed but not that low)

I have:

Mip's all around
    2.8 Trenchers
    Rpm'd out

I'm assuming I would need a better motor than the stock. I was thinking TENSHOCK SC401 3800kv V2+HOBBYWING WATERPROOF SC8 120A

Would that do the trick ( I would also like to have some torque for some hill climbing)

Anything else you would recommend?

RC Enthusiast
    I'd look into the cc 2400 combo, if bashing is in your blood this combos for u full on work horse !!

I have to agree with Es Tkenny! I have the 2400 MMP and the 2400 SCT in my two trucks! I am extremely happy with that motor system! Plenty of power, gobs of torque and can be geared for speeds well above 50mph! I have Integy heatsink with single fans on both trucks for cheap insurance. I haven't had either motor ever get hot enough to where I cannot keep my finger on them for less than twenty seconds. I also like to cool the motors to room temperature after I run them. Good luck finding a system that works for you!
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S 2400 MIP King Headz RPM 3PL

RC Champion
    The ESC you're thinking about would be good, but a larger motor would be better. The castle 2400 would be the appropriate size and power. There are cheaper comparable motors to it, if cost is an issue.

RC Racer
    Yah I want to keep the cost down. If I wanted to spend close to a few hundred I would definitely grab a CC MMP. What would be a suitable cheaper more powerful motor, I like the esc since its waterproof

RC Champion
    3674-540xl-6t. Google it. Should be around $40.

Also, the Losi SCTE 2800kv motor would work well. It's pretty much a rebranded castle 2400, and can be had for around $40 used online.

Or go for the tenshock v2 3400kv and run 2s and 3s with a 15-17t pinion with no temp problems and it will have all the torque you would need unless you are a power junkie and go for the castle 2400kv but you will need 3s and 4s to get the best out of it.....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Quote Originally Posted by jfrank05 View Post
    I want to have my slash converted to where I can tear up some soccer type fields (mowed but not that low)

I have:

Mip's all around
    2.8 Trenchers
    Rpm'd out

I'm assuming I would need a better motor than the stock. I was thinking TENSHOCK SC401 3800kv V2+HOBBYWING WATERPROOF SC8 120A

Would that do the trick ( I would also like to have some torque for some hill climbing)

Anything else you would recommend?
    Are you running 2s? A castle 3800 would work great.
    3s? The 2400 would be a really big improvement.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Are you running 2s? A castle 3800 would work great.
    3s? The 2400 would be a really big improvement.
    I run 2s lipos

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jfrank05 View Post
    I run 2s lipos
    Then your original choice would work fine. So would a castle 3800kv.

RC Racer
    Would the 3400 give more power? Should I go with that one.

RC Qualifier
    I run the 2.8 Trenchers with the Hobbywing waterproof SC8 120A and their 3400kv motor on 3s geared 14/54. Works great for blasting through mid - high level grass. Temps not too bad. Around 160F ....MAX!! Usually gets around 140. (Still a little cool out here. Ambient around 60-65.)