RC Qualifier

Looking for a heavy duty basher body for Stampede

Before I knew all of the tricks to reinforce the body on my stock body I had torn it up pretty badly. Now, it is getting in really rough shape. I am looking for a straight out of the box tough body that with some decent reinforcement will last me a while. I am not too concerned with what style it is, just that it is tough. I tend to land on the lid a LOT... Still learning to rotate the truck in the air.

I am not loyal to any brand of bodies (I have never bought one) so not interested in staying with any one brand. Anything tough is good to go!

PS. This body will probably wind up getting covered in undercoating, so not worried about the looks of it...

JConcepts Ford Raptor SVT Super Crew body is quite thick. Tons stronger than the stock one.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    Are the JConcepts one's thick/heavier duty than the Proline ones?

Thanks.
    plz iz not a wurd

Quote Originally Posted by johnh2005 View Post
    Are the JConcepts one's thick/heavier duty than the Proline ones?

Thanks.
    I never owned a Proline body for the Pede, but the Proline one I saw a while ago was definately thinner than mine.

RC Qualifier
    i used to have the hummer h2 from proline and that is the toughest body i've come across. i gave it to my friends kid and it still looks like the day i gave it to him. that body is over a year old with no cracks, no shoo goo and i abused the ever lovin' snot out of it.
    Last edited by Koda Dank; 05-06-2012 at 07:40 AM.

RC Champion
    I dislike the Hummer body alot. It doesn't take damage well when landing topside. But the best way to strengthen your body is shoe goo and drywall tape. There are a couple good vids on youtube for how to's.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Qualifier
    Proline uses the thickest lexan I have seen for a body .60. JConcepts doesn't list the thickness, so it's .40 or .60. You could email them.

RC Qualifier
    I have a lot of ideas on how to strengthen the body. I have the shoe goo and drywall tape waiting I would just like to start off with a strong body. Make it stronger. And not have to worry about it for a while.
    plz iz not a wurd

RC Qualifier
    The Chevy c-10 body that I have has been through everything and then some for the last couple days before my esc went bad I have been jumping my p4de off a dirt wall and its been landing on the roof from about 15 feet in the air all the time and there are only road rash scratches on it, no cracks, no creases.
    I blame it all on speedpede09

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by snowmaxx 3905 View Post
    The Chevy c-10 body that I have has been through everything and then some for the last couple days before my esc went bad I have been jumping my p4de off a dirt wall and its been landing on the roof from about 15 feet in the air all the time and there are only road rash scratches on it, no cracks, no creases.
    Who made it? Have a link for it? Post some pics of yours so I can see what you mean
    plz iz not a wurd

RC Qualifier
    Its made by proline here are the photos from them http://prolineracing.com/bodies/1972...de-clear-body/ and ill post mine in a couple of minutes
    I blame it all on speedpede09

RC Qualifier
    Thanks. That is one of the ones I was liking!
    plz iz not a wurd

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter33 View Post
    Proline uses the thickest lexan I have seen for a body .60. JConcepts doesn't list the thickness, so it's .40 or .60. You could email them.
    My Raptor body is 0.60

RC Racer
    The pro-line raptor is tough, and looks good doing it.

RC poster
    I have a proline bulldog body for an RC10gt on mine, looks awesome and has held up great to constant, serious abuse.... Serious abuse.