RC Racer

How Fast Locked with 34 Pinion ??

I been thinking about putting the 34 tooth pinion gear on my locked car. Have any of you guys done this ?? How fast did it go ?? I need to find some better places to run these cars. When I kind a better spot then I'll have them unlocked. Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Go ahead and unlock it, whats it going to hurt? If you don't have alot of room to run that thing you dont want the 34 tooth in there yet anyways, till you find room. My sugestion till you have some room, unlock it and put a 23 or 25 MOD 1 pinion in there.

RC Racer
    I have the room but theres water in the ditches right now. We got 4 inches of rain 2 days ago. Thats why I need to look around for a new spot. I'm just asking questions because I can't run right now. I don't have a I pod yet either. I'm just curious what speed it is capable of with the 34 pinion locked ??

Does not matter how you gear it if the XO-1 is locked it is going to limit your speed and once the system thinks you have reached the top speed it is going to cut power so gearing it up wont help or increase the top speed.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    I thought that it was just a rev limiter on the motor. Its a mph limiter ?? I didn't know that.

RC Qualifier
    And how do you unlock it actually? Arent there anything you can dō? Well, exept change the motor and esc.

RC Qualifier
    Sorry buddy, didn't know about you not having an apple device yet. Check online for some used ipods. Its limited by the transmiter. That 34 pinion is not meant low speed runs. You gota unlock it before you put that puppy in there.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ttThree View Post
    And how do you unlock it actually? Arent there anything you can dō? Well, exept change the motor and esc.
    He needs an ipod to unlock it with "Traxxas app" from the app store. The 1 and only way.

RC Qualifier
    Make sure it's at least a 2nd generation iPod and up, 1st gen won't work

RC Qualifier
    Or if you have a spare ESC not from XO-1 but identical you can swap that in there and it will be unlocked without Ipod .. But who has spare ESC's laying around lol I kid
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Qualifier
    True. But would need to solder a Castle cap pack on there to be safe.

RC Racer
    So if the transmitter needs to be unlocked. Doesn't the ESC need to be unlocked also ?? Just wondering because there is an ESC and motor on ebay right now that hes selling as unlocked. Say I were to buy it... It still wouldn't be unlocked because my transmitter isn't unlocked. Now I'm confused.

RC Qualifier
    Sorry, to confuse you. The transmitter is telling the esc weather to lock or unlock. Once the esc is unlocked (esc not transmitter) you can put any transmitter on there or use your stock one. The esc stays unlocked, until you change it back.

RC Racer
    Okay , I get it now. Thanks !!

RC Qualifier
    No prob. There are also a few other threads on here about unlocking if you need more info.