RC Champion

Most Old School Stampede on Here?

Anyone running old school electronics on their Stampede? My sons truck is a mix of old electronics and new body.

MC330CR Futaba ESC (circa 2001?)
    Stinger Motor
    6 year old NiMh GP3300 pack
    Recently upgraded 2018 servo to 2075.

The speed control is still being made/sold today!

I wouldn't imagine anyone still running anything older....Manual speed control?
    All those who believe psychokinesis raise my hand

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast

See if this helps better.
    Last edited by DiggerPede; 05-03-2012 at 01:54 PM.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post

See if this helps better.
    I remember you...

RC Champion
    Wow that thing doesn't even have proportional speed, am I correct???
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Champion
    Yes, it does and works really well. It's the same price it was when I bought it.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P?I=LXUY14&P=8

RC Champion
    Futaba esc's were not known for being innovative. But you could beat on them all day long without skipping a beat. My pede used to have a MC210CB which is now in my Jr.T and still working perfectly.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

I retired my Pede along with the MSC but I still have it on the shelf somewhere. Those were the days. lol
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Champion
    Slightly off topic, but I kept it old school with a couple of FLM goods peeking around the photo gallery thread. Gotta give back to those who paved the way

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    I think pave has an old pede that is in new in box condition sitting on the shelf....

RC Qualifier
    Yeah pave built an original MSC pede and sprayed it up to as close to whats on the box as possible. Thats the only one i know of in mint condition - if i remember right he bought it before it had even been built once and just built it for his shelf.

I have all the original parts and electrics from my old pede but the whole thing is in pieces now - i dont even like brushed ESC systems now i have tasted brushless let alone an MSC. I could put it all back together and run it if i wanted but i have enough work on my VXL pede rusty and other 2 non traxxas's im working on. What i did like about the MSC was that they wont roll down a hill with no input like an ESC will, the truck could be on any angle and it would have 'breaks' that held it there - very useful feature!!
    VXL P2de, rusty MMP Orion vortex, mid '90's P2de

RC Champion
    My middle 2 kids have Pedes that are vintage with newer improvements. One of them started life as a 3610 and the other was a 3601. Both are xl-5's with vxl gear on them and they both have the original vintage bodies. My youngest has a vintage but improved to an xl-5 Rusty. Again, with the original body. I have sold of the xl-1 esc's and the msc's as well as the 2018 servos to fellow forum members. What I like is that the parts from 1997 can still be used on the trucks today. Traxxas rocks!!!!

Last edited by dcsally97; 05-04-2012 at 08:07 AM.
    Was an xl-5, now its vxl-ent!

RC Qualifier
    If anyone is looking for an older pede to stick on the shelf here is one for someone this thing looks really clean
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/traxxas-stam...item3a73e64f67
    Extended P2de and Mini Summit

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by cuda0872 View Post
    If anyone is looking for an older pede to stick on the shelf here is one for someone this thing looks really clean
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/traxxas-stam...item3a73e64f67
    Nice find. The good ol' days. All black plastic. I still have the original Stinger from probrably 2004 and I can't tell you how we abused that motor for years! Never cleaned it and it still runs to this day. Not great mind you, has a bad section in the power band but still is good in a pinch.

RC Racer
    My buddy picked this up last nite - and I am trying to get it from him , all it needs is a radio ( had it working with a TQ to see if it still worked )

and for electronics - seems to be all original and works great

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm

Now that looks great!

Are those 2.2 imex tires? I feel a rusty brewing mwahahahaha

RC Champion
    Rag- Yeah they are 2.2 Imex Claw Dawgs on RPM Revolver rims. We bought the truck for $60 and gave it to my 6 year old daughter for Christmas. I then purchased an xl-5 combo, vxl links, vxl bearings and carriers, and the rims. The tires were part of a trade that I did for my Mamba Monster combo.

I am with you on the Rusty build as I have started one, AGAIN!!! I love my Pede and the ANZA Slash was alright, but I really like the characteristics of the Rusty. My ANZA chassis sold today so I bought some Proling Dirt Hawgs mounted on Desperado rims. They are front offset of course since I will be using the Protrc suspension. Hopefully my Raptor body and Slash 4x4 wheels will sell soon so I can buy the rest of the stuff. I will keep everyone posted.
    Was an xl-5, now its vxl-ent!

What I started out with...

The Parts. All working, including the Stinger. Btw... The thing gets CRAZY hott... Thats why they call it the Stinger lol.

STage 2 of remodel

Stage 3

now the Old parts are put together in a Stocker... All the old electronics still work, and the body that came with it, im bashing right now. I never painted it, and it came un-painted since I purchased it with a Kit, and a Old skool Futaba FM Radio... lol. Bought it when I was 13. Its so awesome the Pede came out in 1994, yet its stronger than ever, and still sold new models.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Original. Built it myself... its never been run. 1995... that was the first year of the stampede. Oh, it has all original electronics as well. They were hard to find, but worth it.

Oh dear, Im correcting the surfer himself pav, 1994 was the first year of the Stampede

Btw... Those capacitors on the MSCs. They are known to come undone easily, and if they do, the truck stops working until plugged back in. Im sure that caused alot of folks to upgrade to the yeller XL1 at the time. Thinkn the MSC was busted. lol

U got Futaba 3003s in there ?

I don't remember resistors on my Pede's MSC.

I do remember upgrading to the Trinity Green Monster and wheelied for the first time... then ran into a curb and broke my first A arm.

Sent from the cockpit of my Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    I don't remember resistors on my Pede's MSC.

I do remember upgrading to the Trinity Green Monster and wheelied for the first time... then ran into a curb and broke my first A arm.

Sent from the cockpit of my Jeep Wrangler
    Capacitors Its right there on the photo Pave showed, and in the corner of my Photo... With the white zip tie holding it to the connection wires.

I remember braking a bunch of Castor blocks when I was 13 years old. Till I purchased my first alum ones, which at the time were Generic, Locally made Aluminum Castor blocks. I stil have one of them, and I might just have to make a necklace out of it. lol.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Yup, your right absoloot... I mistyped that. This one IS a 1994 though. I knew it was the first year of production. (according to the manual and paperwork anyway). just didnt remember what year that was.

Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    Capacitors Its right there on the photo Pave showed, and in the corner of my Photo... With the white zip tie holding it to the connection wires.
    Capacitors, resistors, it's all the same to this basher. lol. If you remember the movie quote: "Are you gonna make it all 220? Yeah.. 220, 221 whatever it takes."

I dug around in my closet and found my old MSC and Trinity brushed motor I had in my old Pede. I see the capacitor you're talking about now. This sure takes me back... to about 2002.

Trinity motor complete with the original 18t pinion. I can't remember how many times I stoned those commutators...

Last edited by O.G.; 05-06-2012 at 11:12 PM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kansei View Post
    My buddy picked this up last nite - and I am trying to get it from him , all it needs is a radio ( had it working with a TQ to see if it still worked )

and for electronics - seems to be all original and works great

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    What year could this be - and anyone have an approx value ?
    He would trade it for a 2wd slash (stock brushed) I have .

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Original. Built it myself... its never been run. 1995... that was the first year of the stampede. Oh, it has all original electronics as well. They were hard to find, but worth it.

Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner. Wow, what a nice truck. So jealous of this. Great job.
    The Stingers from back then seemed to be built so dang tough. We straight abused them for years and they just did not give up.

Thanks for the post.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    Capacitors, resistors, it's all the same to this basher. lol. If you remember the movie quote: "Are you gonna make it all 220? Yeah.. 220, 221 whatever it takes."
    From Mr. Mom.
    Ron Richardson: Yeah, you gonna make it all 220?
    Jack Butler: Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Great movie.