RC poster

Just curious, Why no E-jato?

Just Curious, no flamming. With all the reissues, at least three on the B/R/S 1/10 electric platform, The introduction of a brushless boat, 4 different versions of the T-maxx, one update of the E-maxx, two versions of the E-revo, two or three versions of the revo, not to mention the slash +one update and a 4x4 and the stampede 4x4. I'll not include the XO-1 and the funnycar and light setup, not sure of the success yet.

All those mentioned, were after the release of the Jato 3.3. How do i know, because every time i seen one of the traxxas famous mystery signs, I was hoping for the E-jato to come. Is there a reason for not making one? Like i said, I'm not mad or angry, but it's too long since traxxas had a winner in the ST class. I mean Traxxas along with Associated and losi made the ST class, Back in the early to mid 90's traxxas has both a nat in buggy and ST and made the worlds with I believe the TCP. I race associated for 1/10, due to their being no offering from Big T to truly race. I guess i'm asking, Is there a reason you can't make it? or not making it? I wish that traxxas could take back the class, they ran so good in back in the past. I honestly believe that the jato will be a knockout in E-st.

Thanks for reading and tolerating one person that wishes for something different.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The rustler will be the closest to an electric jato.

RC Champion
    you just helped me decide my next project. Now to find a Jato roller! I'm gonna use my Mamba Monster in one - I'll post soon enough.

Yeh, would love a ejato. Why make the jato at all if the rustler is so close. ( I know its not) . Just about all their nitros have a electric version. But not the jato. Been talked about for years. Jato is a better design, to bad really.
    MT Slash VXL
    2x Stampede 4x4

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Fan View Post
    The rustler will be the closest to an electric jato.
    The Rustler is so outdated and under engineered, a Associated 10T is a better racer. My problems with the rustler as a racer are; 1. Plastic motor mount. With powerful brushless setups, you have less stability, also no heatsink ability. To address the problems, For metal mount. You need a jangified mount, or get one of the many aluminium tranny cases available. I do know Parma is coming out with a tranny case with a aluminium mount , which is waaaaay overdue. 2. lack of adjustability. To make this possible with the rustler platform, you need to convert to the Nitro setup (also SRT) which the arms give you 1* of toe (can also adapt 4tec electric hubs for about 3* rear toe, i think. The other possibility is using The FLM tranny case, which address the heatsink issue, But also has a seperate plate to use Nitro arm mounts. You can also make antisquat adjustments, with the FLM part
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsawacs View Post
    you just helped me decide my next project. Now to find a Jato roller! I'm gonna use my Mamba Monster in one - I'll post soon enough.
    My problem is, that the Jato is optimized for nitro apps. to make it a true electric, you need to re-engineer the tranny case. The current setups are fine for onroad, as traxxas seems to be marketing it for lately. Personally, I'd like to see a design like Losi on the 22/T, Mid and rear motor setups

Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    Yeh, would love a ejato. Why make the jato at all if the rustler is so close. ( I know its not) . Just about all their nitros have a electric version. But not the jato. Been talked about for years. Jato is a better design, to bad really.
    I like the jato design to, Big bore shocks, Optimized shock and steering geomentry, If they wanted to they could keep the two speed and brake servo. I know i could build my own, But i want Traxxas engineering, durability and a setup that is not a compromise of a good nitro setup, hacked for electric use. Sorry, that's my opinion of the current crop of electric conversions, However, most are nice. It's still a compromise.
    Last edited by crazylarry; 05-03-2012 at 02:32 PM. Reason: spelling

RC poster
    My aplolgies to the mods, Figured the jato forum would be the best place for this. I wish Peter V, or someone else at Traxxas would chime in. Doesn't have to be got one on the way or No , Just wondering Why it hadn't been considered
    Last edited by crazylarry; 05-04-2012 at 08:21 PM.

The Jato is a great platform, with a few small adjustments it can easily beat the Rustler in every way... Don't forget that the Rustler is based on the vintage SRT, so, it's a 15 year old design...

Quote Originally Posted by crazylarry View Post
    I wish Peter V, or someone else at Traxxas would chime in.
    I wish that too... And I also think a good idea would be to have an expert at the forum trying to reply as many answers as he can during business hours/days... Looks like PeterV is too busy to reply lately and he only does it when Traxxas or a Traxxas' product is bashed or when they release a new product...
    Last edited by danielhr77; 05-05-2012 at 01:02 PM.
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    The Jato is a great platform, with a few small adjustments it can easily beat the Rustler in every way... Don't forget that the Rustler is based on the vintage SRT, so, it's a 15 year old design...
    I had a SRT, with fastlane 4*toe mounts and maxxed out anti-squat, it'd hook up on sandy loamy tracks like you never seen

I wish that too... And I also think a good idea would be to have an expert at the forum trying to reply as many answers as he can during business hours/days... Looks like PeterV is too busy to reply lately and he only does it when Traxxas or a Traxxas' product is bashed or when they release a new product...
    As far as Peter V or someone else in the higher up of Traxxas replying to this is unlikely, They seem to talk more on the car action forums than here

The E-Jato(make a buggy and MT version too) would be the greatest change to the electric 2wd line up. What's sad is that the old SRT is still a better truck then the Rustler. And the Rustler has less in common with the SRT and weaker components What was so hard for Traxxas to keep the SRT transmission but just replace the fiberglass with nylon plastic? You can keep overall production cost bc the SRT and the Nitros share the same parts(which some are over 20yrs old) The E-Jato would predec the SRT. The number why reason they wont kill the rustler... its the number one selling RC car of all time and people still buy them everyday..
    Last edited by Emaxx2.0; 05-18-2012 at 10:44 AM.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2.0 View Post
    The number why reason they wont kill the rustler... its the number one selling RC car of all time and people still buy them everyday..
    This is untrue. The best selling RC of all time would be something like a Clodbuster, T-Maxx, or a RC10.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

What about the Slash, it sold like hot cakes..
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaperGN View Post
    This is untrue. The best selling RC of all time would be something like a Clodbuster, T-Maxx, or a RC10.
    I think but dont quote me cause im not 100% sure I think the T maxx is the best selling...I think I saw it in RC car action last month. But I would LOVE a E-Jato...Im really bad at tuning and I dont enjoy the smell of nitro and I live in a smaller town where the houses are pretty close so I dont like to make everyone mad by running the nitros cause everyone knows me lol
    RustlerVXL&Nitro
    Jato 3.3
    Spartan
    Slash 4x4

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by boyer1986 View Post
    But I would LOVE a E-Jato...Im really bad at tuning and I dont enjoy the smell of nitro and I live in a smaller town where the houses are pretty close so I dont like to make everyone mad by running the nitros cause everyone knows me lol
    I converted mine to electric, there is a lot of threads, and info about it.

RC Qualifier
    I would but around here in michigan the kids that have Jatos....BEAT them to death and there trashed when they hit craigslist lol
    RustlerVXL&Nitro
    Jato 3.3
    Spartan
    Slash 4x4

RC poster
    I left this alone for a few months, got some good comments. With the exception of a possible slash/4x4 and a definite mini e-revo eventually, I probably won't get a traxxas product for racing. I like the slash's tank like durability, I owned a Stampede, one tough truck. The M e-revo? I just liked it from the first pics. But traxxas has lost its drive to dominate, The traxxas i know is gone, replaced with a money hungry machine pumping out niche cars. I remember the Traxxas that got to the 1/10 nationals (buggy and ST) worlds in the '90s (buggy), The undefeated MT ROAR racing champ with the Revo and the at least 6 time RC pro champ in MT (Losi got the final one before the class was stopped due to lack of racers). Sorry, But i refuse to wait for another Niche toy, When you have a winner on the track and the bashing field and refuse to pull the trigger. I figure this post will probably get me banned, but oh well, nothing ever happens here anyways. I remember when there were three racing manufacturers here in America, associated, Losi and Traxxas, Both associated and losi are now owned by other entities, associated by Thunder tiger and Losi by horizion. Traxxas though made in China, is still a US based company and a juggernaut compared the other two. You seem to create niches so you can dominate, What fun or satisfaction is there in that? Yes you pockets are full, But where is the legacy? I want the traxxas that isn't afraid of jumping into the pool and running with the pack, I want the traxxas that created the most dominant MT that ever raced (revo) and dominated with a Small block no less

If this post gets me banned, Oh well. Someone has to try to get traxxas, to see they lost their way