RC Qualifier

servo assurance?

Yesterday i was out running the summit in some pretty epic territory and for whatever reason fried my servo. hitec 7950th burned a hole strait through the case. either way local shop had a savox 1283sg. specs look good, gonna run 6v to it. anyone else run these?

RC Qualifier
    nobody??? guinea pig??

RC Competitor
    How did you get a 7950 servo that hot? Curious, because when I convert to a single servo, I was wanting that particular servo.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    The 7950 is the HV servo... I run a 7955 in my E-Revo and its held up fine. But I havent actually tried either the 7950 or the Savox 1283 (though the specs look great) so I can't speak to either. I know this, you RARELY hear of anyone burning up a hitec or savox servo.

RC Competitor
    It sounds like the hitec was defective. I currently have a hs-65mg new out of the box that doesn't center correctly and the case gets hot after a few seconds (even out of the truck). But, this is the first bad hitec I have ever recieved and I have been running them for years.

RC Qualifier
    hitecs good name is why i went to them and im sending it in. as far as why this happened im not totally sure. never did run hot even with abuse, that being said it really isnt old. hitec informed me they have a two year defect warranty so we will see. the savox was just a good opportunity to try another brand so i went for it. hopefully ill get it back and the e-maxx can get a turning boost.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I have run alot of savox servos and liked every one of them. Mind you, they were all 1258's but still... never an issue at all. On the other hand, I've run a TON of hitec servos over the years and have only ever broken a plastic output spline on a cheap 311 I got used. The rest of them never let me down. Either are great choices IMO.