RC Qualifier

Wink finally found my wheels and tires I've been using for so long

I got a set of wheels and tires a while back from someone for free, and didn't really ask too many questions because, well, he gave them to me, lol. I didn't know the brand or where they came from, but me being a basher knew I would make use of them.

Well as it turns out, they're the wheels I use most often when running my MERV/Summit hybrid

A friend at work told me about this site he found while looking for some cheap motors, and just out of curiosity I got on it last night and started browsing, and low and behold, I think I found the wheels and tires. LESS THAN $5 A PAIR!

http://www.leaderhobby.com/product.asp?ID=9394001225109

http://www.leaderhobby.com/product.asp?ID=9394001225078

they took a little washer jammed into the wheel hex to get them to not rub the axle carries, but after that they fit great and take a serious beating! I have had to reglue the bead on some of them, but that's to be expected considering what I put them through

I'm not trying to advertise for them or anything, but if you guys are looking for a cheap basher wheel/tire combo, it's a decent web site to check out. I plan on getting some of they're street tires to see how they work out on the MERV. I wouldn't count on any of them to be super good quality; they're price should speak for that but if you're just a basher, what's to loose, lol

Mods if this is breaking any rules, feel free to delete, I just thought I'd share
    Last edited by iamsuperbleeder; 04-29-2012 at 05:27 PM.
    fix, run, break, repeat

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Looks pretty good not supposed to do any links like that. Be careful with the washer behind the hex might end up getting rounded off and spin on you.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    Looks pretty good not supposed to do any links like that. Be careful with the washer behind the hex might end up getting rounded off and spin on you.
    yeah that's why I posted that last line, lol

I've been thinking about pulling the washers out and just thinning down the inner center of the wheel so they work without the washer and don't rub on the axle carriers. it'll give me an excuse to use my new tool

wouldn't have to take much material off; the washers are really thin, but they give just enough room. but they don't allow the wheel nuts to snug down all the way either... as you can tell in that first picture, they only just begin to thread onto the nylon locking part of the nut
    Last edited by iamsuperbleeder; 04-29-2012 at 08:18 PM.
    fix, run, break, repeat

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Nice that should work! Yep I was going to bring that up. Traxxas should of made the axle a bit longer

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Maybe a 4x6mm shim behind the outer bearing too hpi z695

RC Racer
    So 2x the front tires or rear?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    do they have foams and are they glued? the front and rears spec to be the same
    TRUMP 16!

RC Qualifier
    mine do not have foams in them, and they were half way glued when I got them, but remember I didn't get them brand knew; they were given to me. so there's a chance they do come with foams and are already glued; not sure. but honestly, the truck is so light, having no foams hasn't seemed to hinder the performance that much. plus remember, they're just basher wheels anyway

I have a set of front and a set of rears, with the rears being wider. but when I order another set soon, I'll be ordering all 4 rears
    fix, run, break, repeat