RC Champion

Wives say the darndest things!

So I just wanted to share this.

Today while I was rebuilding the shocks for my E-maxx the wife comes into the garage to talk. She starts off with "Whacha Doin?" Not that she really cares, she has no interest in what I'm truly doing. But she knows that this hobby makes me happy and keeps me occupied.

Anyways, I tell her that I'm having trouble getting the right amount of oil in the shocks so that they all will somewhat compress alike.

She says, and I quote: "Why bother? Because your just going to run it for 30 minutes then have it all torn apart again."

Gee, umm thanks for the vote of confidence there honey.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Better lock the door next time. Hehe.

i feel you same thing here, wife always asks what am i doing now to my rc's and i tell her but she really doesnt have any interest to really know. She tells me at times why fix it if its going to break again and your going to want to buy more parts again. but then days later when i dont run them she gets on me that why dont you run your rc's you bought them and now you let them sit in the closet, sell them. which to me doesnt make much sense if she says why run them you'll break it before. i guess sometimes we as Husbands arent meant to understand everything our wives say.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC poster
    Hey Mike, maybe you can help me. I have a Slash 4x4 model 6808. I am unable to run the truck after running it earlier. When I press the ez set button no lights go on. I have tried 2 different batteries that I know are fully charged and good. Did I blow the engine, or possibly something else? I can't even troubleshoot being the Slash doesn't even light up or start. Any suggestions? Thanks, Anthony

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Islanders View Post
    Hey Mike, maybe you can help me. I have a Slash 4x4 model 6808. I am unable to run the truck after running it earlier. When I press the ez set button no lights go on. I have tried 2 different batteries that I know are fully charged and good. Did I blow the engine, or possibly something else? I can't even troubleshoot being the Slash doesn't even light up or start. Any suggestions? Thanks, Anthony
    This question should be posted in the slash forum with its own thread. The ally is for non specific vehicle talk.

RC poster

Thread

I'm been trying to start my own thread, but running into a wall. Can you tell me exactly how I do that? Thanks.

RC Champion
    Scroll all the way to the bottom of this page. There is a box called "Posting Permissions". Does it say "You may post new threads"? Not sure... but it could be because you're brand new. Welcome to the forums BTW!!

I'm been trying to start my own thread, but running into a wall. Can you tell me exactly how I do that? Thanks.
    Right under "Forum" "Post New Thread",click it to post a new one.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Enthusiast
    Haha my wife sees me every weekend working on my slash, and tells me: "what are you doing? Is it broken?
    - no honey, It's not broken.
    * if it is not broken... Why don't you run it instead?
    - I'm doing some improvements and mofications on the truck...
    * ARE THOSE MODIFICATIONS COSTING US MONEY?
    - ejemmhh... No honey, I just follow some youtube tutorials.... Don't worry....
    * mhmhmhmh

Uuufff that was close! If she ever gets to check my credit card statement I am totally doomed! Hahaha

- Jaime Garcia.
    -Jaime Garcia
    Slash 4x4

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Oh man this is so funny!! My wife has given up on what I upgrade or what I buy. She just knows I get a chance to run them once in a while. Now my nearly 4yr old boy knows if i put a new screw in. He says daddy you got a new this or that. It can be just changing something and he see's it. Talking about a good eye.

Guess i'm lucky me and the wife are pretty kewl about buying stuff. We take care of each other very well. Not anything on a silver platter or anything. Work hard for what we have. All she knows is daddy has lots of play toys. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Quote Originally Posted by M n M View Post
    She says, and I quote: "Why bother? Because your just going to run it for 30 minutes then have it all torn apart again."
    This is just a simple error in translation.

According to my female to male translation guide what she actually was saying was...
    Quote Originally Posted by M n M;5156402's Wife
    Dear, I want you to take me out sometime and spend time with me instead of your RC's

I'm no expert, I find myself sometimes perplexed, but I have always found that preventative maintenance works in relationships as well. Keep her happy and you'll be happy....
    Founder of H.U.A.
    I spent What??

RC Champion
    Nice one Nitronaught. My translator is outdated. I guess I should look at getting a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by M n M View Post
    Nice one Nitronaught. My translator is outdated. I guess I should look at getting a new one.
    It's a LOT cheaper than getting a new wife! (Can I get a witness?!?)
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    It's a LOT cheaper than getting a new wife! (Can I get a witness?!?)
    And just why do you think my translator is up to date?

Been there done that.... Learned a lot from the 1st time....
    Founder of H.U.A.
    I spent What??

RC Champion
    I assumed it was a newer model because my translator yielded "Blah blah blah blah"

Yes they certainly cheaper than a new wife... I can be your witness to that as I'm on my second wife!!!

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Yall are funny!!! I'm glad me and the wife are great together. 2 young kids we are the perect family of 4. Not saying anything could ever go South in a heartbeat. But if that ever does happen and we are not together. She is my first wife and will be my last one. LOL I'll enjoy Mr Single.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Don't get me wrong. We have a good marriage, she just thinks I'm ridicules when it comes to my E Maxx. Then again I think she's ridicules to have a different collar for different days for our dogs.

But the collars are cheaper then the emaxx. Woman see them as toys nothing else just like we see those high heels as another shoe or their expensive purges as a bag. But I can tell you which will always look better. Its not the emaxx lol
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Qualifier
    not all females not understand the hobby. im about to be 14 in may, so i really dont know any of this. ps my profile says
    1.27.1998, but actualy its 5.27.1998
    All I need now is to set a new lap record.

RC Qualifier
    so good luck on this, and try to convience her on the hobby
    All I need now is to set a new lap record.

RC Competitor
    man this is a very funny thread!!! i have been married for almost 3 years, and rc is new to me. the wife has already given me half the comments i have seen on here... *yay*

RC Racer
    I guess i'm a lucky one. My wife keeps asking me when i'm buying hers. lol

RC Champion
    I consider myself very lucky, I've been married for almost 15 years and for the first 10 of those years RC's were referred to as stupid overpriced toys. About 5 years ago we moved into our new home that's on 7 acres and my son and I built a small track. First night we were out driving on it my wife comes up and asks to try a few laps..... 5 years later she owns a T-Maxx, E-Revo, and Villain EX. My brother, his wife and kids are also into RC's so family gatherings usually turn into race day.
    Revo.27TX/Jato.18/Maxx523/Maxx3.3/GMAXX/Rusty/ERBE

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny5c View Post
    I consider myself very lucky, I've been married for almost 15 years and for the first 10 of those years RC's were referred to as stupid overpriced toys. About 5 years ago we moved into our new home that's on 7 acres and my son and I built a small track. First night we were out driving on it my wife comes up and asks to try a few laps..... 5 years later she owns a T-Maxx, E-Revo, and Villain EX. My brother, his wife and kids are also into RC's so family gatherings usually turn into race day.
    I like it!!!

Last year my wife almost pulled the trigger on a ERBE. I thought that was pretty cool. She didn't obviously but I thought it was pretty cool that she entertained it.

RC Racer
    I bought my wife a 1/5th scale 26cc FG gasoline onroad car 14 years ago to race with me. It scared the crap out of her and she refused to pull the throttle more than a hair and gave up fast, good thing as it quickly became a donor car. She loves that im into RCs though, she sees a new car or truck show up or box of parts and uses it as an excuse to go buy more boots. Shes finishing up her MBA online and if im bored bugging her she will tell me to go play with my toys and leave her alone lol

RC Racer
    At bazooka boots rc stuff sounds like a fair trade to me
    pede vxl rusty cc sv2 tacon 3200kv

RC Qualifier
    At the office installing another box of Internets...
    Wow. This just confirms I married the best woman in the world 16 years ago!

Two weeks after we first met she came with me drag racing. She even bought a car so she could race too. She did that for a few years and then she decided it would be better to put the money into my car than continually trying to spread it across both cars. She goes with me to all the shows and helps in the registration booth when the club I'm an officer (ex-President) in hosts shows.

Now that we are in RCs she has her own Rusty and joins me and our son to go play all the time.

With that said, some of you need to take advice from the old man of the group - it's always a 50/50. My wife wants to go to the Mall, Farmer's Market, even the dreaded Wal-Mart, I'm there with her. She needs something handled, I do it. The RCs take a back seat to house repairs, school nights and homework (hers and my sons). Her car is a mess and she's studying I'll either wash it or take it for a detailing.

You get the idea - No translator needed!!!
    I shot an elephant in my underwear last night...

Epic first post!!!

And welcome to the forum.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

My ex never got it. Unless her Daddy liked it, she wouldn't like it. She hated golf because her daddy hated it. etc...
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

Man some of ya'll got it bad, I say to my wife hey lets go bash the trucks & she out the door & ready to go before I have the trucks loaded.
    The only time I get grief is while waiting on parts to show up when one of the trucks are broken.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

I am lucky to have a girl friend version 2.1. She took a short holiday and took the little guy with her so I can spend all the free time on my hobbies. She has this cool feature that she can tell you, without saying a word, that it is time to spend time on other things. Just putting some time in her hobbies (laundry, dishes, vacuum cleaning) every now and then keeps her happy.

Oh well, she knows how far she can go and is aware there might be a version 3.0 to come available.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Enthusiast
    Wow... A lot of this hits really close to home. My wife is great!!! In June we will be married for 8 years. I only got into the hobby about 2 years ago. I bought a rally vxl. The wife said "you can buy it as long as it's not one more of those things that you buy, use it for a month then never touch it again." Umm ok
    I asked her about 3 months later if I could buy another one. she rolled her eyes and said ok. Add a revo vxl. That was all the permission I needed. Then a summit vxl shows up a bit later, then another revo vxl, then a 1/10 summit, then another summit vlx, then finally a couple weeks ago I asked her if I could get a ERBE. "really another one?!?!?" she said. I asked her the other day if she is glad that I'm staying with this hobby. her words exactly "I'm very glad. It gives you time to do your own thing and let me have some alone time. But try to keep the spending down" hahaha
    I Love my wife and 2 kids. I'm slowly bringing our 7 yr old son into the hobby

tapatalk'n

RC Racer
    just bought 2 ***** lipos online, she took my card and went to get a $160 hair doo, this hobby is double expensive man, thinking I shoul dhave bought some better lipos now
    Last edited by bazookamaxx; 05-09-2012 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davejf51 View Post
    Wow... A lot of this hits really close to home. My wife is great!!! In June we will be married for 8 years. I only got into the hobby about 2 years ago. I bought a rally vxl. The wife said "you can buy it as long as it's not one more of those things that you buy, use it for a month then never touch it again." Umm ok
    I asked her about 3 months later if I could buy another one. she rolled her eyes and said ok. Add a revo vxl. That was all the permission I needed. Then a summit vxl shows up a bit later, then another revo vxl, then a 1/10 summit, then another summit vlx, then finally a couple weeks ago I asked her if I could get a ERBE. "really another one?!?!?" she said. I asked her the other day if she is glad that I'm staying with this hobby. her words exactly "I'm very glad. It gives you time to do your own thing and let me have some alone time. But try to keep the spending down" hahaha
    I Love my wife and 2 kids. I'm slowly bringing our 7 yr old son into the hobby

tapatalk'n
    That sounds like a 2.1, service pack 2!
    Nobody is born with experience