RC Racer

Has anyone put an xo-1 esc in an emaxx

Like the title say... Has anyone put an XO-1 esc and a Castle 1717 in an emaxx??
    EMBE BANDIT VXL SASSY CLOD RC10L RC18MT

RC Racer
    That guy tried but hasn't found a mounting solution... Also he used an FLM chassis while I'm using stock. Been there done that with the FLM... I'm mostly interested in the onboard programming with TQI and the ESC... BTW the motor looks abit too big and it been over a month since that guy posted in his build..

RC Qualifier
    I've been contemplating this myself. I'm pretty sure I can get a close look at the big block motor this week.

why stop there...... 12s
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5151594

I think the motor dia. is the prob not the length..
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Racer
    Ahhhhh... The infamous fat can no clearance delimma.. Well imma get the XO-1 combo cause it's a good deal.. The motor is abit of overkill.. There is NO lack of power with the 2200kv just heat issues on 6s... Any ideas on mounts or am I gonna have to fabricate??? Also if I was to use the 3903 dual mounting plate, would I have any more clearance??

RC Qualifier
    Would the kershaw designs larger motor mount work? im just throwing this outhere, ive never had one, but it looks like its made for larger motors, so maybe that would work for ya.
    RX8 Powered E-revo
    E-Slayer

RC Qualifier
    The MGM esc looks like a beast. The guy on URC probably got the equipment but has no ingenuity to get everything working - it wouldn't be difficult to cut a new motor plate and get everything assembled, but some people just want to buy a kit of pre-fab parts.

If the E-Revo is a second or third car, then I'd say go for it but acknowledge that it will spend most of its life on the workbench receiving drivetrain maintenance. Fast car is expensive car.

RC Qualifier
    Just for fun I tried to mount a Big Block motor (1717). Not sure if it's the exact motor but should be the right size. I bought a new motor plate and used the transmission mounting screws to hold the motor. The obvious problem is the diameter of the motor requires it to be pulled away from the transmission and that would require a very large pinion. I drilled out the mounting holes and Dremeled a little bit off the tranny. The only way to make it fit is to open up the top motor mount screw hole and to use a huge pinion.

There's no way I'm cramming this motor in anytime soon I reinstalled everything. It wasn't a complete loss. My original motor plate is bent! Good thing I caught that.

RC Racer
    already did it in both emaxx and revo it mounts just fine use a kershaw motor mount and your set to go just make sure you unlock it or its at just half throttle i thought i had power intill i realized i only had 50% power and it runs cool i think i have done every motor config out there now from evx2 titans/evx2 775/evx2 twin 775/ single vxl3s/dual vxl3s/mamba monster extream big block/vxl6s 540xl waterproof land version aka (spartan combo)

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxasfreak24 View Post
    already did it in both emaxx and revo it mounts just fine use a kershaw motor mount and your set to go just make sure you unlock it or its at just half throttle i thought i had power intill i realized i only had 50% power and it runs cool i think i have done every motor config out there now from evx2 titans/evx2 775/evx2 twin 775/ single vxl3s/dual vxl3s/mamba monster extream big block/vxl6s 540xl waterproof land version aka (spartan combo)
    How about some pics, would like to see that motor in there.

RC Racer
    which one i only have the vxl6s now i wanted water proof and 6s power i have pictures of that

RC Racer
    [IMG][/IMG] heres the vxl 6s system

RC Racer
    [IMG][/IMG]
    heres the e revo with the big block

have a better pic it looks like the 2200.

a comparison of the 2200, 1800, & 1580. I have two of that I don't know what I'm going to use them for yet....

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post4915616

RC Racer
    [IMG][/IMG] here it is i had to trim the shock a little to fit it

thanks that is impressive... & that is the 3500 right........
    Last edited by 87 GN; 05-02-2012 at 11:17 PM. Reason: spellin

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by bentrocker View Post
    How about some pics, would like to see that motor in there.
    I thought that you had a 1717 in a maxx. Thought you might have pics of that.

RC Qualifier
    Old maxx old trans but 1717 in there amd more

Fred

Check the vids at the end!!!
    Last edited by EMaxx_Quebec; 05-03-2012 at 03:53 PM.
    3906 CC 1717 / MMM GA 7075 UE Khead LST2 DIFF

RC Racer
    Okay I found a good deal on a motor and I wanted to try a new recipe that no one else has so here we go..... I just received my XO-1 speed control but for my motor I'm using a Leopard hobby LBP4282 2000kv motor ...... Its good up to 9s !!!!!!!! and puts out up to 3500watts!!!! That's 4.67hp!!!! Take into consideration that I would have to run 9s to put out that sort of power, but it's good to have on reserve

Here's one more of the motor

Red leopard Model 4282 KV2000 4 Poles Brushless Motor

Specifications

Max. Current: 120A
    Lipo Cell: 4 - 9s
    Max. Power: 3500W
    Rotational Speed: 2000KV
    Mounting Hole Depth: 7mm
    Shaft Diameter: 5mm
    Shaft Length: 20mm
    Dimensions (Diameter x Length): 39.8mm x 82mm
    Weight: 485g
    Suitable Model: RC Car / Boat
    Features

- High Efficiency
    - Handwound
    - Neodym Magnets
    - Long Service Life
    - Low Electromagnetic Interference
    - 12 Slot Stator
    - Precision Ball Bearings For Smooth Operation
    - Minimal Motor Maintenance Required
    - Low Current
    Item Packing

-100% Brand New and Full Packing
    -Red LEOPARD Model 4282 KV2000 4 Poles Brushless MotorX1

This post has been edited because of language abuse violation(s). If you see a starred out word in your post, the word has been blocked by the language filter. The language filter was put in place to block words that Traxxas deemed inappropriate for use on their forums. Please remove these words from your post in the future, or warning points will likely be issued.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-04-2012 at 04:40 PM.

have you ran it yet?? how many cell are you going to run....

RC Racer
    I can't seem to get the XO-1 mamba monster to take to my TQI reciever... I know it's connected cause I got power to my steering servos and it allowed me to bind initially.... But my xo-1 mamba keeps bleeping like the neutral isn't calibrated... Trying to calibrate it with my iPhone didn't work ..... Any ideas

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by USARUSH View Post
    I can't seem to get the XO-1 mamba monster to take to my TQI reciever... I know it's connected cause I got power to my steering servos and it allowed me to bind initially.... But my xo-1 mamba keeps bleeping like the neutral isn't calibrated... Trying to calibrate it with my iPhone didn't work ..... Any ideas
    Did you try calibrating it with the Tx? Hold full throttle when powering on til red LED, full reverse until yellow LED.
    Revo.27TX/Jato.18/Maxx523/Maxx3.3/GMAXX/Rusty/ERBE

RC Racer
    Does anyone know if there is any special setup required for the XO-1 mamba?? There is a single power lead coming off the hot side. Must this be connected to anything??

RC Racer
    Just a little up date.... In order to use the XO-1's MMM 100mph esc at you need to have the TQI transmitter and have it hooked up to an iPod/iPhone.... It needs to be updated... That's just to get the esc to initialize and respond to the transmitter...

Okay:/ after all that the esc is stuck at half power. You must unlock 100mph in order to get full power... This entails watching a 5 min video, you MUST sit through this. Then you have to put in your info and respond to a confirmation email before the full power of the esc can be unleashed..

RC Qualifier
    weak sauce!
    Mini Revo VXL 7107
    E-Maxx 3903 - He Lives!

RC Racer
    A little update on this setup using 23p 68 spur the truck with Big Joes did 53mph with motor at 148 and esc<150 .... All this after ALOT of speed runs... Got fishing line on my Big joes but still real unstable trying to throttle after 50mph..... Btw the these speeds are not full throttle and with the thottle sensitivity at 75percent

RC Racer
    ... Mods please merge