RC Qualifier

Houston We Have A Problem - Broken Part # 6430

Just finished dialing in my new ESC and decided to repair the front end after the 85 mph wreck. Just my luck I realized that I damaged the car more than I thought:

It appears I broke parts on part # 6430 which means I need to buy the entire 6430 part

How much of a pain in the butt is it going to be to replace that part? It looks like I am going to have to take quite a bit of stuff off the car to replace that part. It's only a $12 part, but as a guy new to r/c cars should I order the part and in the meantime swap my setup into my other XO-1 or just wait for the part and repair the car?
    XO-1 #4...

RC Qualifier
    Ouch looks like the front bulkhead . Man as much as I'd like to say pull it out the other car till the part comes in , I'd hate to see you tear into the new one just to rip that bulkhead out . But if I couldn't wait for other part to ship I think that's what I'd do .. That's what I've been doing with my rustlers lol

RC Champion
    changing the bulkhead isn't a bad job. Traxxas made this car pretty easy to work on.
    E-revo leopard 4082
    100+mph tc4 neu powered

RC Enthusiast
    I say switch it out, that way you learn how to do it. And when the new one comes in, you will be farther ahead of the game.

But thats just me.

RC Qualifier
    The damage continues. It looks like I have a leak at the top arrow. Not sure what it's going to take to fix this.

XO-1 #4...

RC Champion
    They all leak a little diff fluid there after a while. I say just wait for the new part. I put my screws in a plastic baggy and set the project to the side until the part(s) come.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bringit View Post
    The damage continues. It looks like I have a leak at the top arrow. Not sure what it's going to take to fix this.

if you look on ebay , you can score a complete brand new diff cheaper then the rebuild kit if no one else is in need of one , i tried rebuilding still didnt work out so just got complete new one . car drive like butter

RC Qualifier
    I will keep watching for one while I wait for the bulkhead to arrive.
    XO-1 #4...