Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: My FPV Summit

RC Champion
    Not bad not bad... I just got my monitor in the mail! So much for "10-15 days" AND it cost me an Extra $30 on arrival. OH WELL.

Putting a video together of how it works, I'll add it to this once it's done and uploaded.

It blue screens with static, which is NOT ideal for FPV. I'll have to now buy some sort of "vga converter" or something for it.

Last edited by krallopian; 07-19-2012 at 12:49 PM.

RC Qualifier
    lol, "and that's what happens".. "nothing, nothing happens" I was expecting full screen for a second.

It's lookin good either way, functional is always great and I'm sure you'll fix the static - blue screen issue, no problem.
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish

RC Qualifier
    Don't worry, everything have a solution.
    I was thinking the gel battery was bigger.
    I think your screen is perfect for the base station.
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

RC Champion
    Thanks guys!

So I received my Screen in the mail today, didn't work... went out at 2:30 to get an RCA to VGA converter and got back at 6pm to see that the post office ALSO received something for me from Hong Kong while I was out...

Converter doesn't do anything - now it gives me access to Horizontal and Vertical positioning on the screen but that's it - STILL blue screen. What a dissapointment - $40 for the stupid thing and it doesn't do what it's supposed to do.

The thing from Hong Kong wasn't my switches and knobs it was instead the Carbon Fiber sticker I had ordered, this stuff is GORGEOUS it's prettier than the real thing haha.

I also picked up a Speaker - non-powered so I can just hook it in directly to the Video Receiver, no need for an amp:

The picture's not perfect but it shows the speaker in a HAPPY PUPPY or whatever its called, I'm just going to rip the speaker out of the stupid dog plastic thing - $4, what can I ask for!

RC Qualifier
    For what is the carbon fiber?
    Haha "happy puppy", at least is cheap.
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

RC Champion
    The carbon fiber is just to make case that I'm building look cooler.

That puppy speaker is SO quiet, using a headphone out, at FULL volume it's about as quiet as a whisper. Figures, what do you expect for $4 hahah. I'm going to get one of these instead for $30:

Probably the bottom one, and have it along the bottom of the screen - I just have to find out how BIG that thing is - gotta wait until tomorrow, the waaaiiitting game.

RC Qualifier
    I like more the 2 picture but i think is a bit big,but i dont know.
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

RC Champion
    Bought the second speaker, it's 2" too long, so I'm going to have to rip it apart and mount it creatively. The sound from it is incredible though, FAR FAR FAR better than I expected.

Here's my desk as it sits:

Haha

I bought a video amplifier, it hasn't helped the blue screen at all, oh well ANOTHER $30 wasted. At least now I have 4 video outs, so this way I can send video directly to the monitor, and then also ..... elsewhere hahah.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by krallopian View Post
    Bought the second speaker, it's 2" too long, so I'm going to have to rip it apart and mount it creatively. The sound from it is incredible though, FAR FAR FAR better than I expected.

Haha

I bought a video amplifier, it hasn't helped the blue screen at all, oh well ANOTHER $30 wasted. At least now I have 4 video outs, so this way I can send video directly to the monitor, and then also ..... elsewhere hahah.
    The speaker only need few modification for fit (just remove some plastic)
    Did you tried to connect the only the video amplifier?(Without the vga converter) or Connect the video amplifier with the vga converter? If so, what was the result? (just for curiosity)
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

RC Champion
    I returned the Converter and picked up the amp, so I haven't been able to do that test.

There are only TWO speakers in this unit, the picture and unit looks like there are FOUR, two circles and two ovals - the ovals are actual mechanical pieces with rubber that MOVE but have no wires to them, it's just for looks - pretty extreme just for looks in my opinion.

Either way, I think I'm going to just separate them both, and mount them on the side of the bottom half of the case - so that they are sidefiring, not positive yet.

Something like this:

Last edited by krallopian; 07-20-2012 at 07:12 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by krallopian View Post
    I returned the Converter and picked up the amp, so I haven't been able to do that test.

There are only TWO speakers in this unit, the picture and unit looks like there are FOUR, two circles and two ovals - the ovals are actual mechanical pieces with rubber that MOVE but have no wires to them, it's just for looks - pretty extreme just for looks in my opinion.

Either way, I think I'm going to just separate them both, and mount them on the side of the bottom half of the case - so that they are sidefiring, not positive yet.
    Don't worry about the test, it was just for know

Nice picture, (sorry for say this: I think this pic is better than the last one)
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL