RC Qualifier

1230sg savox servo 1st gear spares? -summit

Hi all, just curious if anybody knows anything about 1230 sg 1st gear spares, I really wish savox would sell spare 1st gears like Hi-tec does, should I just start purchasing hi-tec 1st gears and continue wasting money that way to find spares? Savox really still has taken over 7 days to respond to my email request, they still haven't responded, I sent the request the 8th, and still nothing has come back... My traxxas summit is awesome like many other's traxxas summit's, this servo makes it good, $70 was a lot for me to spend on a single servo, and then have to spend $30 like every 4 months (likely less) to use the servo? I mean I even was thinking of taking apart $20 for 4 mg996rs off ebay to steal the 1st gears out of them so I could make 1st gears, by grinding down the gear diameter and cutting new gear slots, and then pressing the old metal piece into it? Not everybody can afford to spend $149 on a servo...

Idk tho, I know this isn't exactly the forum to be discussing offbrand non traxxas stuff but it does involve a traxxas vehicle that the servo is being installed on to make the vehicle better... I was just asking around, this servo would keep my traxxas summit being the awesome king of hammers that it is...

Thanks-
    Spence
    Last edited by Spencer911; 01-15-2016 at 02:20 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Now idk, I have waited since the 8th for a reply, still nothing... I am beginning to think of ways to make my own 1st gears out of traxxas 2075 1st gears by 1st chopping off the molded part of the gear, then slightly drilling out the whole in the center to fit the metal part of the old gear, and then modify the gear pitch a little to work with the savox? IMO this is insane... All I wanted was some 1st gear spares like hi-tec does... Or savox is still considering my inquiry
    $30 for a gearset when I need it is going to be silly for 1 gear, or should I just see if the hi-tec 7950 carbonite 1st gears fit or?