Thread: New to BOAT :)

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

New to BOAT :)

Hi everyone, I visit here and there to check out everyones boat and i always get jealous cause i dont own one until today. Mailman drop it off this morning and i was very anxious to go home to see it. I've always wanted one of this ever since i saw someone running around at the pond. now that i finally have one, i am very excited to run this at the near by pond.
    I traded my T-MAXX here at MP for his boat. the trade was a straightforward, I give him my address and he give me his, it does'nt get any better than that. I thank you Nick for this beautiful boat.
    anyway heres My new to me Snap-On limited edition Spartan,

humay has left the building, peace.

RC Qualifier
    Looks sweet, have fun with it.

RC Qualifier
    Nice score.

Welcome to the Spartan club, and have fun.

hog

dang thats nice, excellent trade there. i would have traded for that if i were you for sure. call you local park recreation center to make sure running it in the pond wont get you a ticket as mine here says you cant even run powered hobby cars/trucks at all or for that fact a boat in the water sucks. went today and wanted to run merv on grass because sheriff said i could but seen a sign that said other wise. just a heads up.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    thanks, anything i should do before i hit on the water? i have 2x gens ace 5000mAh 2s 50c. this lipos are from my erbe and they're basically new with about 5 cycle thru it. i'm also new to lipo batts so i only have 2 for now. i probably buy some more tomorrow at RCX here in Long Beach.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i order the kentic aluminum cooling jacket and it should be here by monday. also Q's about the transom mounted water pick-up...are they any good? or should i go with dual water pick-up rudder? i just wanna make sure my cooling system done right before i hit the water (Pond).
    thanks.

RC Qualifier
    I run the transom pick up and find they work well. Many prefer the dual pick up rudder for the clean looks, and they feel they avoid adding extra drag by not having an extra water pickup in the water.

I honestly believe the amount of drag created by the transom pick up would not even be noticeable on our boats.

If extra drag is something you feel may be a concern, then get the dual pick up rudder that is a direct replacement for the stock rudder. Some of the aftermarket dual pickup rudders are longer than the stock rudder, and will also add more drag.

hog

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    got my aluminum cooling jacket today from kintec and finished installing it. just by the look at it, you can tell that this cooling jacket will really cool the motor much better than the stock one. installing it is alot easier than i thought. i spray the o-ring with wd-40 and alittle bit on the motor can then rub it around good then slide it in. i put the tubing line in and try blowing it and it seems very sealed as i dont see any bubbles around where the o-ring seals set in.
    next mod i have to do is getting the transom water pick-up so that each have there own cooling line, and also the trim tab adjuster. also looking at stiffening the rudder strut bace, it seem a bit flexy to me.
    anyway heres the updated pics:

RC Champion
    Will you be adding a metal or stainless steel prop soon? And don't forget your additional water outlet....
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    got my first run yesterday and i have to say this is a fun boat. i'm not getting the speed that i expected out of my lipo 2X 2s 5000mah 50c but, i think I know why, my pro strut was not tight enough that it move up (pointed up) alittle causing the prop not touching the water much when its in plane. run it for 7 mins with full throttle here and there and very impressed with the temp 103 ESC and 110 motor with aluminum cooling jacket. next time i run it, i'll make a video.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i'll be running it with the stock prop for now and yes i'll be adding a 2nd water outlet.
    Quote Originally Posted by orca44 View Post
    Will you be adding a metal or stainless steel prop soon? And don't forget your additional water outlet....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    wow i have to dig this thread to stay alive, LOL. anyway, i have some update, not much of an improvement (well sort of) just everyone that have done already to there boat. i bought a car door 1:1 cause i need some parts off out of it and while i was taking out the weather stripping something just pop in my head, what if i use this weather stripping to cover the hatch/hull and this is what it turn out...

the fitting is just perfect when the hatch is closed.

RC Qualifier
    Good idea installing the rear piece sitting up high to help block water coming in through the hatch tabs.

Let us know how it works for you after a few runs.

Hog

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i have not tried it running in water yet, but i have splash water at the top as if it was running on water kinda way and after a gallon of water use splashing here and there, i do not see any water got in, inside is completely dry.