RC Racer

Is there any chance to me run with rally vxl with 4 s ? ( I did a small update )

Hello friends !!!!

Before of all let me tell that I want that God bless you !!!

I would liked to know what I need

I have bought one RALLY VXL and I am playing with the original piniion gear that is there, and I put one fun over esc, and other fun over motor and I put it with one small pack nimh aaa philips that is located over of the receiver.

Then the esc`s fun can bear good wind and after to run with 3 s running a lot, really fast most of the time the esc is cool, Then after to run with 3 s the esc`s temp is cool only 37 Celsius degree.

Then my crazy thing if is there any way safe to me run with 4 s ? If I keep de degree cool ?

Sorry for my bad english

Best Regards.

Thank you very much

RC Qualifier
    First of all... Welcome to the forum!
    In reply to your question, it depends on what kind of esc (electronic speed control) you have. If you have the Traxxas VXL 3m then, no way! It would instantly go into to much voltage mode (over voltage). Even with a fan and 3s it is hard on it. You cannot do that. Unless you mean run 2s in paralell. That is a different story.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk.
    Slash VXL, Rally VXL, and Stampede 4x4 VXL.

RC Racer
    Even with a fan and 3s it is NOT hard on it friend, because I am running many times USING LIPO 3 S 1550 MAH AND USING TOO 2 PACKS NIMH IN SERIE . And at the moment my esc is ok, my esc is the original esc.

But I respect you toughts.

Best Regards EDUARDO

RC Qualifier
    Yes. You can run 2 NIMH packs in series. It is kind of made for that. But 4s is a little much and as I mentioned in my last post, it will go into to much voltage mode (over voltage). You cannot run 4s on any Traxxas esc, except the Spartan esc by Castle. And the Funny car. So I wouldn't do it. Best regards! RC.
    Slash VXL, Rally VXL, and Stampede 4x4 VXL.

2 NiMh in series...

1.5 x 6 = 9v
    9 x 2 = 18v

4S LiPo
    4.2 x 4 = 16.8v

So.... how is the ESC OK running NiMh in series yet not 4S LiPo??
    Also, with nearly 100 posts, Ed has already been welcomed to the forum.

If you are going to run 4S, the major downfall is that you will not be able to run in LiPo mode... AND you must watch your temps closely as you are really pushing the limits of the ESC.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Competitor
    It can be done, but it will get hot...QUICK. I did it a couple times with my old 1/16 Revo. It will be insane fast. I know the Revo was very nearly uncontrollable, but it was fun Best bet is to also run an external BEC such as a castle bec, just don't forget to pull the red wire from the esc plug so that you aren't running dual power to the RX.
    Known as Wildcardco1998 everywhere else