Rear graphite brace 4826x problems

Hey Guys,

I just got a rear graphite brace 4826x and after installing it the brake lever no longer moves freely.

There's a rounded plastic part that goes in the small rounded hole, and that guides the brake lever.

It looks like that plastic part is putting preassure on the E-clip and creates this problem.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks!

Daniel.

He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

RC Qualifier
    I'm kinda surprised you found one of these. I have one on my tec and I think it's a little black plastic piece you are talking about? I probably put mine together wrong but I put it on from above. It slips out once in a while weakening the braking power but I just push it back in and it works fine. It sounds to me that you installed that plastic piece under the brace. I did just the opposite. So try that.
    If you can't beat it....destroy it!

I removed a slight amount of the blue brake post on the bottom so it would sit deeper and allow just enough free play between the e-clip and the bushing. Just a little removal of material was all that was needed.
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

Thanks Snook Man! I was going to do that, but I wanted to check if someone tried it first. I'll do it and update this thread.
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.