Thread: pipe

RC Racer

pipe

I'm interested in finding out what set up guys with a BB and the new era mount are using. I've been using a THS BB rear pipe, and while I'm happy with the performance, the manifold gets jack up rather easy in a tumble. How do side pipes hold up to tumbles? You can pm me details that are prohibited. Thanks.

RC Competitor
    If you don't have one the best thing you can do for protectionin the rear area is a wing. In my case at first I had the side pipe mounted high like most others do...it got banged up quick. I recently moved it under the roll bar and it's out of the way and well protected. The header still gets scraped at times but there's little that can be done there. Also I coated the air filter rubber pipe with high temp orange rtve to keep the pipes heat from damaging it. Works like a charm.
    Revo 3.3 with Ofna Force .32
    Revo 2.5 stock

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by NASTY5.0 View Post
    If you don't have one the best thing you can do for protectionin the rear area is a wing. In my case at first I had the side pipe mounted high like most others do...it got banged up quick. I recently moved it under the roll bar and it's out of the way and well protected. The header still gets scraped at times but there's little that can be done there. Also I coated the air filter rubber pipe with high temp orange rtve to keep the pipes heat from damaging it. Works like a charm.
    Definatly different but hey it works. Buku pipe is exposed to be good. But for a side pipe like a jp3 or 4 would be nice.

RC Competitor
    I forgot to mention I had to bend the header some to get it angled like that but it wasn't much.and you can't tell it was bent. I just made the natural bend tighter.
    Revo 2.5 stock

RC Champion
    where does the exhaust leave through the body?

RC Racer
    Don't mean to get fo off topic but had to ask , don't you get oil backed up in your pipe with the stinger up like that , did you put all the RTV to keep oil from leaking , don't take this the wrong way just like to no how that set up is working out

RC Competitor
    Right now I have an old beat up savage 25 body on it and the stinger comes out the side window and up. As far as oil being backed up the compression itself prevents that from happening and it hasn't been an issue. The rtv on the stinger is there from when i had a piece of fuel line from my Mustang before I got that one that's on there now and I haven't had a chance to clean it off. I plan on stripping the black paint off of it before I move that entire setup and engine to my sons revo 2.5 in order to make room for a ofna force .32 that's waiting for me when I get home.
    Revo 2.5 stock

RC Racer
    Right now I have an old beat up savage 25 body on it and the stinger comes out the side window and up. As far as oil being backed up the compression itself prevents that from happening and it hasn't been an issue. The rtv on the stinger is there from when i had a piece of fuel line from my Mustang before I got that one that's on there now and I haven't had a chance to clean it off. I plan on stripping the black paint off of it before I move that entire setup and engine to my sons revo 2.5 in order to make room for a ofna force .32 that's waiting for me when I get home.
    Cool thanks for the info , I did have a pipe set up like that once with one of my .12 engine's and it would get up of tune for the oil backing up , the bigger engine's most have a little more push on the exhaust then the samller one's ,I'll keep that in mind next time I set up a 28 or a 32
    Last edited by DJ; 04-29-2012 at 03:51 PM. Reason: misspelled word

RC Competitor
    why is it on a steering wheel?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebullit View Post
    why is it on a steering wheel?
    I'm an over the road truck driver and thats my "work bench" lol.
    Revo 2.5 stock