RC poster

C-hubs and Bearings

Hi,

i drove yesterday with my Xo-1. I was wondering why the car always was driving to the right although the steering was set right.
    At home is checked the front and find following.
    The C-Hub turns very very bad. You need to much force to turn the steering buckle. Furthermore the bearing are bad also. The small and the bigger one in the buckle turn really bad think they are broken .
    You have this problem also? What have you done against it?

Thanks in advance

Max

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Ch3fk0ch View Post
    Hi,

i drove yesterday with my Xo-1. I was wondering why the car always was driving to the right although the steering was set right.
    At home is checked the front and find following.
    The C-Hub turns very very bad. You need to much force to turn the steering buckle. Furthermore the bearing are bad also. The small and the bigger one in the buckle turn really bad think they are broken .
    You have this problem also? What have you done against it?

Thanks in advance

maybe take it apart and see whts causing the issue your having .. there are aftermarket bearing kits you can buy for this car if you arnt please .. but if you find some bad bearings you can call TRAXXAS or get them at your hobbyshopnear you ..will notice a big differnce if there bad
    Max

Maybe takeit apart and find out where your issue is .. they sell aftermarketbearings .. maybe yourdifferential , i changed bearings and they made a differnce rolls alot smoother to me atleast

RC poster
    Yeah but i spent 1100€ for this car ant won't put another 200€ for aftermarkt parts which are better.
    Here in Germany the parts for the XO are very rare....
    I tried to get the parts 6832,6439,5117,5119. i found that parts except 5117, but is have to order each part in another shop...
    There are many reseller but at the distributor has many parts on backorder.
    If i know that before, i hadn't buyed this car.

RC Champion
    Double check the 6mm nut insert on the end of the shaft. Was it over tightened? Send customer support a email with pics about your defect. They'll get you going again.

RC Qualifier
    bearing shouldnt be a problem .. they are on other cars that accept same bearing ..

RC poster
    Thanks for your suggestion.
    I brougt the party to my LHS and they sent it to Multiplex (Distributor for Germany). Now i have to wait.

RC Champion
    Why did you send it in when bearings retail for less than 2 euros?!
    If you purchased this car surely you would be fixing it yourself. Seeing as it says experts only on the front...
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    I am getting tired of these stories. Its called maintenance . Think of it like this your everyday car gets a certain maintenance, think of the maintenance of a supercar.

Same thing different scale.A xo-1 going 100mph is going to require more maintenance than a rustler going 50-70mph more often than not. Especially the bearings.

Just sayin............

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 1azz View Post
    I am getting tired of these stories. Its called maintenance . Think of it like this your everyday car gets a certain maintenance, think of the maintenance of a supercar.

Same thing different scale.A xo-1 going 100mph is going to require more maintenance than a rustler going 50-70mph more often than not. Especially the bearings.

Just sayin............
    but for $1000 people are thinking parts might last longer. but if it was me i would check the car over after every run. as at high speeds failures will happen more often.
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 1azz View Post

Just sayin............
    Be nice if you could just run and not have to maintain ..

Quote Originally Posted by The VXL View Post
    Why did you send it in when bearings retail for less than 2 euros?!
    If you purchased this car surely you would be fixing it yourself. Seeing as it says experts only on the front...
    I think the expert level was more or less for the driving skill level

Quote Originally Posted by turok View Post
    but for $1000 people are thinking parts might last longer. but if it was me i would check the car over after every run. as at high speeds failures will happen more often.
    they do last longer if you maintain them one would guess just like a normal car