RC Champion

hitting up the beach tomorrow

spo im going down to the beach tomorrow and im going to bring my truck for the first time. I plan on running sling shots in the rear with kuhmos up front, proline over tray and on 4s geared 21/50 or 25/50, any tips? yes i have a air compressor near by.
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC Champion
    Your motor is going to get quite warm with that setup on sand. Make sure you check your temps often.
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

RC Champion
    yeah i will, are the sling shots for rear and kuhmos for front good for the sand?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxasFTW View Post
    yeah i will, are the sling shots for rear and kuhmos for front good for the sand?
    i would think being 4wd that you would use the same tire front and rear. but give them a try
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    You are gonna want some other pinions, smaller. Consider a 54 spur too. Sand, water and mud are the highest resistance bashing grounds so the 2400 os going to be getting a huge workout compared to your average bash day. Also, if possible, its best to run same size tires front and rear with 4wd. A differnt size make the front and rear diffs spin at a different speed whiles the drive train is fighting to turn it all at the same speed. A center diff would aid tour drivetrain with odd wheel sizes but still best to run the same all around.
    Where are you heading? Cape, Hampton, Salsbury?
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    You are gonna want some other pinions, smaller. Consider a 54 spur too. Sand, water and mud are the highest resistance bashing grounds so the 2400 os going to be getting a huge workout compared to your average bash day. Also, if possible, its best to run same size tires front and rear with 4wd. A differnt size make the front and rear diffs spin at a different speed whiles the drive train is fighting to turn it all at the same speed. A center diff would aid tour drivetrain with odd wheel sizes but still best to run the same all around.
    Where are you heading? Cape, Hampton, Salsbury?
    a beach down in marshfield, green harbor, its 5 min away from duxbury

RC Champion
    should i cut the front fenders out? the rear fenders are already cut out.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Ya cool, I've been in the area. Brant rock, duxbury marsh...... have a blast! Get the salt off as quick as possible and try to wrap your batteries or bag them. Salt water is an rc and battery Killa!
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Qualifier
    if you have a over tray i wouldnt worry about cutting the fenders, sand will still find a way in i use outerwears and it still gets in.
    tape all holes including around servo, put electrical tape on bottom to cover steering components. driveshaft cover, shock guards, lower gears. and all four tires the same. 50 yard wheelies in the sand is a ton of fun but it will take a toll on your truck