RC Qualifier

Hurry up traxxas!

so i talked to a couple guys at traxxas and reason why we cant get xo1 axles for our slash 4x4's is that traxxas is waiting on thier lame facny packagings so instead of saying hurry up traxxas i should be telling a chineese sweat shop to hurry up. cant wait to pay 2 bucks more for packageing that is going to end up in the trash come on traxxas we need xo1 parts to mod., stock ones break and mip's are useless paper weights!

RC Enthusiast
    I second that motion! I'll pay full retail for these once they're available.....my 4x4 is hopped very nicely, except for the axles...

RC Champion
    x0-1 axles bend pretty easily. First time out:
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

RC Qualifier
    That is a thread killer!

Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post

RC Competitor
    I have had them on my truck for over a month with no issues what so ever. I think it is your best option out their right now.

RC Champion
    did that bend in a crash or just to much power
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SlashandBurn View Post
    mip's are useless paper weights!
    That's pretty bold of you to say. How exactly are they paper weights?

RC Champion
    I didnt think the XO shafts fitted without modifications

Traxxas should just get off their behinds and release the CVD's that they have had part numbers listed for since the Slash 4x4 was released

How hard could it be to make them ?

Cheers
    Slash Platinum
    Xerun 150 / Tenshock SC401 3500kv

RC Qualifier
    stock ones break and mip's are useless paper weights!
    I agree the stock one snap like twigs with any kind of power. I could break one just from the power of my rig, not crashing.

I disagree that MIP are paperweights, a tad heavy, yes. I have not broken one since they've been installed. I run 4s with castle 2400. I could snap a stock one almost to the point of every pack if i really ran it hard. Just my .02

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    I've also bent 3 lower Xo1 splined shafts, exact same bend as Svt on 2 of them. The 3rd bent higher up on the same external splined part. Its from big air in my case. These xo1 do just fine on my race truck, and I will continue to use them (fixed of course.) I don't think its a big deal because its only a $7.49 or so for this shaft replacement but, I wouldn't bother putting them on a basher unless traxxas releases a different version for the 4wd. At first, with the xo1's release, I figure these were our shafts too but after bending them so easily like Svt, I wonder if they have a heavy set for offroad. I sure hope its a differnt shaft, or lots of sl4sh bashers are going to be upset

Are the sl4sh cvd's the same part # as xo1 cvd's? If its a differnt #, we may be ok. If its the same shafts then a standard sc truck may be the limit on the ability of theses things.
    Last edited by thedreadedend; 04-19-2012 at 07:14 AM.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by crusey View Post
    I didnt think the XO shafts fitted without modifications
    I didn't think they fit either...

I did a quick forum search and didn't see anything about mods to make them work. What is the part number for the ones that you guy run? Below is the a diagram to them. Just didn't know if we need all fronts or all rears or just certain parts to make them work.

http://traxxas.com/explodedviews/640...ded-Views-XO-1

Thanks!
    Last edited by big_RON; 04-19-2012 at 07:26 AM.
    I'm just a big hairy American winning machine

RC Champion
    From the Traxxas Slash 4x4 parts list ...........

6851R Driveshafts, front, Slash 4x4 (steel constantvelocity)(assembled w/outer dust boots) ........................ Call
    6852R Driveshafts, rear, Slash 4x4 (steel constantvelocity)(assembled w/outer dust boots) ........................ Call

So where are they Traxxas ?
    Slash Platinum
    Xerun 150 / Tenshock SC401 3500kv

RC Champion
    I found a place that has the replacement for the shafts. I just ordered 4!
    https://www.wholesaletrains.com/Detail.asp?ID=200869729
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

The xo1 complete fronts is part 6451 and rear is 6452.
    The xo1 shafts fit directly, no mods but the axle set up and carriers would need to ne used together from the xo1 on a slash. The front carrier has a 15mm inside and 12mm outside bearings so diameter but our stock parts have a 11mm rather than the 12mm and the same 15mm inside like our topical stock front. In the rear, the xo1 has a 12mm in and out, our stock and alloy carriers are 11mm instead. Also xo1 has 6mm stubs and us, 5mm stub.
    I'm thinking that the cvd's for the slash are going to be different. Maybe a smaller stub axle, hopefully a bigger or stronger lower shaft design, something like that. Other wise, we would all have to upgrade to the newer, bigger alloy carriers to use them. Not to mention our wheels wont just bolt on to an xo1 set up.
    So to be clear with my info, xo1 shafts/carriers up front need a 6x12x4 outside and a 10x15x4 inside. Stock is 5x11x4 and 10x15x4 so this tells me at the least, the axles will be different.
    The rear xo1 needs 6x12x4 inner and outer, we use 5x11x4 so again, something would need to change.
    It is as simple as a bearing swap but still doesn't scout for the hex situation. We need a 12mm solution and I really hope they keep the 6mm axle, guess we'll see when we finally see what we're getting. I'm hoping that the new trucks all come with the xo1 carriers, bigger bearing is always better. Also, the alloy carriers are a much thicker part, especially the fronts. I think the fronts are really nice with 2 toe link settings for adjusting steering through and the carrier is set up with the bigger bearing, thicker alloy.
    Svt, the part is cheap enough that its fine by me too but lets hope for a stronger option with the new part release.
    Last edited by thedreadedend; 04-19-2012 at 09:12 AM.

RC Champion
    Your flexing twisting Rpm arms can't be helping your axle.

I agree that rpm has a terrible amount of flex, I change my arms about 1 a month cause it bows and stays in that position after a couple of weeks. That is the only gripe I have with them. It would also be silly to think you couldn't use rom with a high dollar shaft set though! Yes it would seem to me, that it is a contribution t our bent xo1 sets but I also think its ridiculous to think of then as an upgrade if they bent so easy. I have my fingers crossed for a stronger product for out sl4sh cvd upgrade. And if not, like I stated before, the new alloy arms im using wont bend easy at all, so this would help my xo1 shaft last much longer. To bad other companies didn't use magnesium cause I have a renewed faith in alloy sense installing these arms and bashing them for the last few days. All the others I tried would have been pretzeled the 2nd day. Lol really!

RC Competitor
    12 mm solution has been done, I did a write up on it and have been running it for over a month with no issues at all. I had a rear hub pin come out the other day lost control and slammed my neighbors mail box post @ 40 mph so hard I bent the main driveshaft and broke the hub going to the front diff. Axles had no damage at all.

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/...1038Medium.jpg

RC Qualifier
    Even MIP has given me some trouble the last couple weeks, I still like them more than I would with this one
    Heck, I'd love Tekno too
    Made in America baby! right here in my state - California

I don't want to knock your work but traxxas isn't gonna release shafts that would be a 17mm only option. And very few people will be willing to machine some purchased product to fit another upgrade witch is a pricey one too. I remember mentioning that I felt the other carriers were the better part. Here's one of my older carriers with the same bend as you're. Its next to the xo1 carrier. Look how big that part is, the same part you and I bent. Its almost double the size and thickness and offers a second toe adjustment to increase throw and maybe steering speed.

RC Qualifier
    they are too heavy, they dont work good in the front end, and with my experince they break as much as stock ones so why waste money and down time sending them in to get replaced.
    i have broken 3 mip's and only 1 stock and that is on the stock motor
    Quote Originally Posted by Koda Dank View Post
    That's pretty bold of you to say. How exactly are they paper weights?

RC Qualifier
    what kind of arms are you using?
    Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    I agree that rpm has a terrible amount of flex, I change my arms about 1 a month cause it bows and stays in that position after a couple of weeks. That is the only gripe I have with them. It would also be silly to think you couldn't use rom with a high dollar shaft set though! Yes it would seem to me, that it is a contribution t our bent xo1 sets but I also think its ridiculous to think of then as an upgrade if they bent so easy. I have my fingers crossed for a stronger product for out sl4sh cvd upgrade. And if not, like I stated before, the new alloy arms im using wont bend easy at all, so this would help my xo1 shaft last much longer. To bad other companies didn't use magnesium cause I have a renewed faith in alloy sense installing these arms and bashing them for the last few days. All the others I tried would have been pretzeled the 2nd day. Lol really!

RC Racer
    they are too heavy, they dont work good in the front end, and with my experince they break as much as stock ones so why waste money and down time sending them in to get replaced.
    i have broken 3 mip's and only 1 stock and that is on the stock motor
    Hhhhmmmmmm.......i am thinking user error on this including installation.

Have MIP's front and rear on 2 MT slashes and have run 3a and 4s on my CC MMP 2400kv SCT systems on both. With absolutely no issues. Just used red Loctite and torqued them good. 2 months and no issues.

Broken arms, mounts, main driveshafts........still going strong.

Hhhhhmmmmmm.........

RC Qualifier
    i dont think so it doesnt take a brain surgen to screw a couple of pins. i ordered a complete set from mip, 3 parts break 2 rear 1 front. so Hhhhhmmmmmmm........ im thinking more along the lines of bad batch. what are the chances of that happening in one set. i didnt happen all at once first the front went so i ran stock and mip rear couple days later with a hard crash the two rear parts just went so i will see what mip says.
    i know how to install parts and drive i have been doing this a long time my first car was a losi xxtcr and the list goes on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Summitvxl View Post
    Hhhhmmmmmm.......i am thinking user error on this including installation.

Have MIP's front and rear on 2 MT slashes and have run 3a and 4s on my CC MMP 2400kv SCT systems on both. With absolutely no issues. Just used red Loctite and torqued them good. 2 months and no issues.

Broken arms, mounts, main driveshafts........still going strong.

Hhhhhmmmmmm.........

RC Racer
    The parts breaking due to a crash is not a part failure. Any part will break at a certain angle and impact.

Your Post stated MIP's break as much as stock axles......that is not true. Stock axles break just by driving the car on rough terrain and on 3s from the torque.

Breaking a MIP axle with a crash is a hit and miss, as any other part. You got un-lucky.

But implying they break just like stock axles which break after regular use is a false statement.

RC Qualifier
    if you break a part in a crash would you rather break a 4dollar part or a 15 dollar part, i know mip will replace them but you pay more in shipping than the cost of a stock part and who wants their truck down for 5 days waiting for the mail man to come with your part.
    my post states, "in my experince they break more" which i very true. that may not be the case for every user. you sound like a chick leaving out 1 word for the case of a arrguement or to feel right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Summitvxl View Post
    The parts breaking due to a crash is not a part failure. Any part will break at a certain angle and impact.

Your Post stated MIP's break as much as stock axles......that is not true. Stock axles break just by driving the car on rough terrain and on 3s from the torque.

Breaking a MIP axle with a crash is a hit and miss, as any other part. You got un-lucky.

But implying they break just like stock axles which break after regular use is a false statement.

RC Racer
    1. Who would rather break a $15 part instead of a $4. Not me. But breaking $4 parts got old just pulling wheelies and driving on pavement on 3s. That is not the case with MIP's

2. The driveshafts are a known weakness on the traxxas stampede/slash 4x4. The MIP's fix this known issue and allow use without breakage. And mostly crash without breakage.

3. This is the Internet. All we have are words and pictures to communicate. You did not provide any pictures so I read your words to ascertain their meaning. If you cannot accurately describe the situation and your thoughts then that is your problem not the readers fault.

4. If you have to resort to personal attacks, then your argument and reasoning has failed.

5. I've served with a lot of "chicks" on the street who are plenty tough enough to put a guy on the pavement. I've also served with "chicks" who have defended their country in Iraq and Afghanistan. If your are implying I'm one of those "chicks", then Thankyou for the compliment.
    Last edited by Summitvxl; 04-19-2012 at 10:43 PM.