RC Qualifier

Big Block or Small Block --> Your $, your choice.

So I chose the mini summit / e-revo, or 1/16 platform cars because I want it small, light, portable, and… I was newbee not knowing any better.
    Now that I've got deeper into the hobby, learned a few things from you all, and I wanted to go big block with my merv. However, having to shim/re-shim the diffs for more than a few times, and spend a lot of time working on the small crowded merv and mini summit, I was really really reluctant to go big block.
    So what, well I asked what other Traxxas cars that is reasonable small, light, reliable, easy to work with? Well, it turns out Stampede 4x4 answers all these questions.
    Product page: http://traxxas.com/products/models/e...stampede4x4vxl

It’s SO SOOOOO much easier to work on the Pede 4x4. It’s HUGE deal for me.

So I bought a Stampede 4x4, bought small tires/wheels combo, lower the suspension, normal upgrades as I would for merv, and here I have an almost bullet proof Stampede that can do all of things that a merv can, and instantly becomes a monster truck if I put the big tires, and raise the suspension up:

Low profile street set-up:

my merv on the similar tires:

Monster Truck set up:

I still have my merv, mini summit and try not to run them hard since I really don’t want to spend time working on them
    With all that said, this thread is intended for the some un-informed users like myself a few months back, and not to try to start a debate for those experienced users.
    Hskb.
    Last edited by hskb; 04-16-2012 at 05:14 PM.

RC Champion
    Latitude:N 37 15' 47.0002" Longitude:W 115 47' 34.8713"
    yeah i am with you i like my merv, but looking back at what i could have had with the $ invested kills me, the merv IMO is only for very very light smooth surfaces and very light jumping, if i want something beefy i bust out my big boys, mgt8.0 hyper 7 and tmaxx... they handle jumps and rough turain much much better....

if i launched my merv 50ft in the air like ive done to my hyper 7 itd be a mangled mess and my hyper 7 doesnt ever break a thing doing it, its a fact i had to realize for myself by trying it...

and im super experienced and im still with you... sometimes size really does matter

btw i love my trencher x's, the smaller ones look great on your pede as well, really great

with that said my merv is awesome for what i built it for "speed"
    Last edited by kuskye25; 04-16-2012 at 06:22 PM.
    Traxxas is good, but so are other Manus

RC Qualifier
    Man, that TMax sure looks huge and mean, great paint job
    I notice you set up the suspension so low on that TMax