RC poster

lipo help please

Going to buy my first lipo charger and battery any suggestions?. I run a vxl rustler that started as a xl-5 with minor rpm upgrades.
    Last edited by MJR METALHED; 04-12-2012 at 07:33 PM.

RC Racer
    The Traxxas lipos are great bateries IMO. Power, and veryyy long run times, at least for me. the only thing I dont like, is the price. But, if you have the money, well worth it. The accucell 6 charger is great, cheap, and easy to use. It works almost exactly the same as the traxxas charger, which costs a little bit more. but same idea, similar software. Just dont buy any super cheap, non-branded charger with no specs on it. be careful, and look for good reviews on things, and look for other people you know or have met who have tried these things before you. I have been burned ALOT with bad quality products, lol. Good luck! theres alot of good batteries and chargers out there!

RC Qualifier
    dont get dynamite. pick a lipo that is HARD CASE, at least 30c, and with at least 5000 mah. in terms of chargers i like the duratrax oynx 235. it charges well and has tons of adjustments. pretty cheap too
    Rustler Killing Bandit

RC Qualifier
    I have 2 SPC batteries. They are very inexpensive and work great. I run a 3s 4700mah 25c and a 2s 5000mah 25c. For a charger I use a Thunder AC680 which was about $60. I have not had any issues with the batteries or the charger in the year I have owned them and the batteries have more than enough power for my 70amp esc and 4000kv brushless motor.
    Nitro Rustler, Rustler HW Brushless Motor, ESC

RC Qualifier
    I use an SPC 3s 8000mah lipo. Runs for about 1 hour of playtime. Love it.

For a charger, i use a GT Power A6-10. Charges up to 10 amps. Only downside: Only 12vdc power input, so it requires a seperate power supply or car battery to run off of. The upside is that its a good strong reliable and relatively cheap charger/balancer of all types of batteries.

When buying a charger i would suggest paying attention to its power input type, max charge rate and battery capability.

Hope that helps u some.
    Mr nitro? Not since going brushless!

RC Qualifier
    I use SPC 2s 6000mah & 3s 5000mah with Venom Pro charger....awesome!

RC poster
    thanks for all the feedback. very helpful!

RC Qualifier
    spc barnd lipos seem real popular and cost effective. i bought one a month ago and so far im happy with it. Also as far as a charger goes, if u want something that works but is not to pricy i can recommend the thunder ac680, its a good bang for the buck charger.has a lot of bells and whistles like storage charge,built in ballence and power supplie ect. at 60 bucks its a pretty good charger for the mony,def there are much more capable chargers out there but there also normaly a lot more mony. iv had mine for the better part of a year now, about 9-10 months and its worked great so far. Thunder maks a cheaper version called the ac6 wich is about half price but its not as powerfull.

RC poster
    I use the Hitec X4 charger. Charges 4 batteries.

RC Competitor
    My only problem with the SPC 2s 5000 is its a very tight fit in my rustler. U have to use a screwdriver to get it out and getting it in is a chore.

+1 on SPC lipo's and Venom Pro Charger.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...