RC Enthusiast

Post THE low body thread

Hey guys, I'm back on the Traxxas forums after a very long break of about 7-8 years. I just picked up a Stampede 4x4 on Saturday and after 5 years of hardcore racing I'm stoked to have some stress free fun in R/C again. Hopefully I'll be able to answer some questions regarding suspension tuning for people too...

Anyway...I thought we should have a place where all of us low body junkies could compile ideas and part #s to get our Stampede bodies SLAMMED. The lower the better I say.

I've been compiling a list of part numbers for lowering the Stampede body. Here is what I've got so far:

Traxxas steel posts (with quantities required to obtain 4 posts)
    1x3923 E-max battery strap kit
    2x3727(a) Rustler battery hold down kit (letter indicates plastic colour)
    4x6727 Stampede 4x4 standard battery hold down kit
    2x3627(x) Stampede 2wd battery hold down kit (letter indicates plastic colour)

Plastic options
    J Concepts #2083 lowering posts
    RPM #73932 adjustable posts and mounts (rear only!) lowers by a paltry 3mm

Velcro for chassis side mounting
    Dubro #348 Adhesive backed

If you know of others please post them up and I'll add 'em to the list.

RC Qualifier
    What about Traxxas 3727? That should get you two of the metal posts, so you would only need two sets. Cheaper way to go and you won't have so many spare parts.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P?I=LXJK73&P=8
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

RC Enthusiast
    I bought the Emaxx kit. I like the posts from that because they are longer and have 2 holes in them. That way you have room for adjustment. Plus if you have your body heavily reinforced you don't have to worry about getting your body pin in. I have the bed of my proline body shoe gooed and use a trimmed body washer and it works great with the top hole on the Emaxx battery posts/ the front i just have a little shoe goo and a washer and it works with the bottom hole on the posts.

RC Qualifier
    Gotcha, I see what you did there. I was thinking you had to buy four kits of the others just to get four of the metal posts, but I see now that Traxxas 3923 already has four posts in it. That's what I get for not reading it closely!
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

RC Champion
    I use a stock Rustler body and went with adding body posts on the side of the chassis. Works GREAT and it has the right raising in the back to fit the shock tower. Just me though I'm sure there are other options. I just got sick of trying to source all the posts and fittings. :P
    Rusty SCT
    Rusty LCG SCT
    Pede 4x4 SC8 *sold*

RC Enthusiast
    Az Racer- What are you using for posts on the side of your chassis?

RC Champion
    The pics will best describe what I have done. SCT tires and wheels allow more clearance. Also 2.8 bowties work as well as pictured. Trenchers/badlands will rub body a little unless you jack your suspension up.

Poor Pic of how it sits. (ride heigth)

I used the existing body posts. Cut down a little with a small tubing cutter. Then cut the heads of a couple screws. Its best to thread the screw in to the body mount prior to cutting the head off. Then screw the mount directly in to the shock tower.
    That was the best I could come up with for free.

RC Champion
    Sorry. Double post.

RC Enthusiast
    I lowered my body yesterday using the Emaxx battery strap kit. At first it put the mounts on the regular plastic mounts, but I didn't really like having them up there. So, I just screwed the new steel mounts into the shock towers, but the front was way to low. I used a 3x15mm grub screw to make a mount for the stock posts up front. The body sits almost level now, but retains a minor forward rake for a little bit more aggression. I'll be painting/mounting a J Concepts Raptor body later this week, so we'll a see how that sits.

Pics!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxaskid View Post
    I lowered my body yesterday using the Emaxx battery strap kit. At first it put the mounts on the regular plastic mounts, but I didn't really like having them up there. So, I just screwed the new steel mounts into the shock towers, but the front was way to low. I used a 3x15mm grub screw to make a mount for the stock posts up front. The body sits almost level now, but retains a minor forward rake for a little bit more aggression. I'll be painting/mounting a J Concepts Raptor body later this week, so we'll a see how that sits.

Pics!

I think thats the lowest you could go on a body lol.
    Xo-1
    Pede 4x4 PE - Slash 4x4 PE
    Miss Geico Boat