RC poster

Question 69 Monster Camaro-Something I just noticed........

I have a Monster Camaro, I liked it soo much that I didn't wanna run it,Searching through the net' I found someone selling just the body and wheels,So I picked it up. Its kinda embarassing that it's taken this long to notice bu,the other night I had put my display body back on and had the runner sitting next to it and I noticed that 1 has the monster emblems over the headlights and the other one actually has headlights,not led's but stickers. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed it. Is 1 rarer than the other? supposively there's only 100 of these things but i find it hard to imagine. If anyone has any knowlegde it would be greatly appreciated.
    Mods-I wasn't sure where to put this,hopefully this is the right spot.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I have one at home on my shelf. Ill have a look at it and see if it has the Monster emblems over the headlights. I had a 2nd one a while ago as well and didnt notice a difference. Maybe the first run of the limited 100 was different than the next run. I do not believe there was only 100 made. They aren't common enough for there to be more than maybe 500 made but certainly ore than 100...

I think production numbers are closer to the 1,000 mark...
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Racer
    I'm with JN on this, there is very little chance there were only 100 released. I am thinking more like 1,000 with all of the ones I have seen on eBay and heard of people on forums having. Regardless, that is interesting that the headlights were different between two models . Maybe someone else will chime in.

I just checked mine. It was from the VERY first batch that was given away. I got it about a week after the give aways started new in its box. It has monster logos over the headlights. So that version must have been from the first batch.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    themdot, is it possible someone added those stickers on?

RC Champion
    Would love to see them rerelease this body.

RC Qualifier
    i am looking to get one of these what is agood price to pay? can i upgrade it to vxl and modern running gear and all that?
    Slash 2wd Vxl, ERBE; Crash N Learn

They come with modern running get already. It's just brushed and AM... It's not an old or vintage car. They were released like 2 years ago.

Besides, other than the body and wheels... it is the same as every other Traxxas 16th;
    easy to convert from one to the other.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    good too know, so would it be better to make one with brushless and 2.4ghz or buy one and convert it.

P.S. sorry for thread jacking.

It would be better to buy a Rally VXL... the Camaros cost more than the rally does and aren't brushless. So you'd have to add it.

The other way you could go would be to buy the Mustang brushless, sell the body and buy one of the Team Blue Groove bodies on e-bay and paint it up yourself. That would probably be the cheapest way.

RC Qualifier
    ok thanks maybe ill buy the mustang and buy the camaro body and wheels.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    themdot..... any updates to this?

RC poster
    Sorry guys, I'm not on this forum much. I checked back a day or so after and i seemed no one was intrested. The headlights are part of the grille. its all one piece,So I'd say it's safe to say they came with the body. I wish someone from traxxas would chime in. I guess they like us to sit around and wonder....

RC Qualifier
    These Cars were only released to Monster Reps to hand out to all the gas stations and what not, my neighboor works for monster and he showed me and yea his has stickers over the lights also, he actually just broke his to haha. Body is pretty beat up to.

RC poster
    Well I'm sure they passed out more then 100 units for the whole united states.Hard to imagine only a select few gas stations got them. Plus all the money for r&d,special packaging,ect. Well i guess not so much r&d,but atleast art work and whatnot. You know everybody loves muscle cars and I believe this is the only real (60's era) muscle car.I may be mistaken. Traxxas!-More Muscle cars!!