Thread: Traxxas sucks

RC poster

Angry Traxxas sucks

I have had my Tmaxx for a lil over a year and i have had nuthin but problems from day one i thought i would be able to enjoy my highly expensive rc truck but i was wrong i am selling mine and going somewhere else

RC Racer
    what kinda problems and then maybe we could help a little.

RC Champion
    Nitro isn't for everyone. Don't blame the car, because with someone experienced with nitro i bet the truck would be just fine. If you hate it, go to electric. Traxxas certainly does not suck, if they did then they would not be one of the top if not the top Remote Control car company. So stop bashing traxxas because you can't get your truck to run right.

Like I said, nitro is not for everyone. Especially not for a beginner. Ive been useing nitro trucks for a lil more than 10 years, and once you are experienced with nitro you love the truck. But if you are not experienced, they can be very stressful. I recommend getting a good electric truck (stampede or slash) because electric is good for beginners. You don't want to start with a top dollar nitro truck either, starting with say a Nitro Sport is much easier because it is smaller and has a good beginner engine.

Just my 2 cents
    Hows that nitro taste on your electric?

RC Champion
    If I have learned one thing since I have been on this forum. Bad mouthing traxxas is like going home and telling your wife she has put on weight.
    In both situations the results aren't going to be good.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by tmaxx72 View Post
    I have had my Tmaxx for a lil over a year and i have had nuthin but problems from day one i thought i would be able to enjoy my highly expensive rc truck but i was wrong i am selling mine and going somewhere else
    Nice 3rd post there man......Lots of good help on here and No Traxxas doesnt suck! Just built my first Tmaxx about 4 weeks ago and theres a ton of good info here to learn. What makes ya think another brand will do you better for the price? And I'm building my second one now.
    5.9 Savage XL
    4.6 Savage XL
    Losi 5ive T

RC Qualifier
    I am new to nitro I just got my T maxx about a week ago and been trying to learn to tune it mostly my fault i think i'm on the right track now and i am able to just enjoy the truck. i found alot of good videos on tuning which helped i think my biggest problem was starting with my idle stop screw too far in throttle open to much then make adjustments and nothing worked right now i turn the idle screw just to the piont where i see the throttle move slightly where the LSN is and then set the LSN and HSN to factory and go from there seems to be good.
    Last edited by dragonslayergh; 04-08-2012 at 08:22 PM.

That's too bad. If you've had it for over a year, it would have been helpful to sign up much sooner so we could help you out. Even Traxxas Customer Support is willing to be more than helpful but if you don't want to go down those avenues and bash Traxxas rather than exploring where the fault lies, then that's up to you. We cannot force you to stay and going to another company does not guarantee you will not have problems with their products--and their customer support base may not be as good.

FYI Rule #8. We are guests here in Traxxas's house....remember that.
    The Super Derecho