RC Competitor

Gas engine for slayer pro

hi guys, just wondering if theres a gas engine for the slayer pro, or what other fuels types, eg(diesel, petrol, gas you know.) you can run a 3.3 on
    You don't need to plug Nitro into the wall

Nitro or go electric. Or you could try Davis Diesel but you have to run the special blend of diesel which is the same price as nitro.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    There is a HPI petrol engine coming out its called "HPI 1/8 extreme gas engine".I saw someone saying it would fit in a Slayer and that it is going to be around $250.I hope it fits as I would like one for my Revo 3.3.

What would the RPM of that engine be? I don't think it would work very well in a revo or slayer it's a really big engine

Last edited by fallonguy; 04-08-2012 at 03:41 PM.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

I don't think the specs are out on it. I would be interested to see how high it revs....Snook Man made a good point when this was brought up either in the T-Maxx or Revo forum: what good is it if it maxes out at 15k when the nitro hits 30k plus? Sure you could gear it down, but are there smaller spurs than 36T or bells bigger than 19T? And even with it geared up, will it have the power to pull it?
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    I bet the engine revs at about 16,000 rpm. Most rc 2-strokes are in that range (Zenoah, Quickdraw, Rcmk, Sikk etc). Those are all rc boat engines, so i imagine the hpi will be in the ballpark of 16,000-17,500.

To be honest a 2-stroke would be way overkill in something like the slayer. Just look at the hpi baja or losi 5, they are both 20-30lbs trucks. My boats that run these engines are anywhere from 15 to 50lbs. It could maybe work for the revo or t-maxx, but in the slayer thats overkill. The 2-stroke will have much more torque then the nitro, however not as much in the upper register. Its main power band will come much earlier in the revs, and it will idle at about 2,000 rpm probobly. Like I said earlier, all this info is based on other 2-stroke Rc engines, so it might not be that accurate.
    Thefridge

RC Competitor
    thanks guys, so nitro is really the only relistic option now. oh well thought i would put the idea out there.
    You don't need to plug Nitro into the wall

RC Champion
    Now is the word, imagine what we will be using to power RCs in 10 years.
    Matthew 7:7

RC Qualifier
    Come to think of it a Slayer Trans in a REVO with the larger tire might work . . . . . . . hmmmm. . . . . I wonder. . . .
    O.S.21 Nitro Revo, Stampede 4x4, 2 Axial Honcho's

my curiosity is in how much this gasser weighs compared to it's torque and RPM's..... I'm leaning towards the fact the design has to be heavier, you still need batts onboard and now you are powering a spark plug, not a glow plug which you only need power to get the combustion cycle going....
    Founder of H.U.A.
    I spent What??

I'm thinking you would have tough time trying to fit that engine in a revo or slayer it's really big. That's a savage and it's a really big truck in the pictures it's taking up a lot of room and it's mounted right in the middle of the truck on a revo it would have to be mounted on the left side of the truck.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    my curiosity is in how much this gasser weighs compared to it's torque and RPM's..... I'm leaning towards the fact the design has to be heavier, you still need batts onboard and now you are powering a spark plug, not a glow plug which you only need power to get the combustion cycle going....
    The design most certainly is heavier, and like you said the magneto coil will degrade the engine's refined power.
    Until I see a major difference in the construction of model gas power plants I'll stick with nitro.
    You'd have to keep the vehicle itself in the garage or outside also because the fumes themselves would be
    overwhelming

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 1979chevy. View Post
    The design most certainly is heavier, and like you said the magneto coil will degrade the engine's refined power.
    Until I see a major difference in the construction of model gas power plants I'll stick with nitro.
    You'd have to keep the vehicle itself in the garage or outside also because the fumes themselves would be
    overwhelming
    there is nothing like the smell of a two stroke running castor 727 based oil on 91+ octane
    rusler vxl, rusler xl-5, jato 3.3, losi 5ive T

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by chadkillzone View Post
    there is nothing like the smell of a two stroke running castor 727 based oil on 91+ octane
    I agree, when it's outside, but in the house on your dining room table you'd be killing some brain cells haha.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 1979chevy. View Post
    I agree, when it's outside, but in the house on your dining room table you'd be killing some brain cells haha.
    Oh it's not as bad as nitro, granted I have started my nitro on my closed in porch for a second that was ugly with the misses I tell you, and the windows where open. Word of the wise I would not do this unless you want to sleep on the sofa for a night
    rusler vxl, rusler xl-5, jato 3.3, losi 5ive T

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by chadkillzone View Post
    Oh it's not as bad as nitro, granted I have started my nitro on my closed in porch for a second that was ugly with the misses I tell you, and the windows where open. Word of the wise I would not do this unless you want to sleep on the sofa for a night
    Haha, yeah nitro exhaust fumes are very strong, but the fuel itself doesn't give off too much smell.
    I've started a slayer on a screened porch and my eyes were burning lol.