RC Racer

dirt oval traxxas?

traxxas should sponsor someone big in dirt oval. Maybe sponsor a guy like andy bachetti at Super Dirt week in syracuse. because hello, if you guys sponsored a modified and then released on, or just released a dirt oval car wihout sponsoring one, i'd buy it
    Martin
    Shaftsburyslingshot21

I don't get what you mean... Sponsor the guy Andy Bachetti or make Traxxas sponsor him and make a new replica?
    And there he goes with the carbon...

RC Racer
    traxxas would sponsor him, so andy's car would be the traxxas 34 and then they could make a car
    Martin
    Shaftsburyslingshot21

RC Champion
    rc dirt oval cars are just as high tech as touring cars. A traxxas sprint or edm would be like a 4tec vs an xray. Sure a traxxas dirt car would look cool, but wouldnt stand a chance racing at the pro level.
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

Sure a traxxas dirt car would look cool, but wouldnt stand a chance racing at the pro level.
    How can you condemn a cars performance when it does not even exist at this time. Who's to say if Traxxas built such a car it would not be the best thing available?
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    How can you condemn a cars performance when it does not even exist at this time. Who's to say if Traxxas built such a car it would not be the best thing available?
    Because i have allot of experience with dirt racing, Friends that are sponsored dirt oval racers, and a friend who is vice comish to the wrda. I'm sure traxxas could create a real competitor, But they would really need to go back to the r/d block and build something from the ground up. And really refine their manufacturing process to create a kit where the cars dimensions could be extremely consistent across the manufacturing process. With no play or slop at the suspension, or at the drive train. I'm not saying they cant, but at their current rtr mindset it would take some work. I would love to see traxxas get back to selling racing kits, along with their rtr's.

Racing is not all about the car. The driver is a huge portion of it. Check out this Rustler VXL dominating a field of 2wd "race" cars. Only mods are race tires and some suspension tuning.

Roll cages are RC training wheels

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 3_rolls View Post
    Racing is not all about the car. The driver is a huge portion of it. Check out this Rustler VXL dominating a field of 2wd "race" cars. Only mods are race tires and some suspension tuning.

Off road is allot different than oval racing. I'm not bashing traxxas in any way, i've owned 10+ traxxas rc's. If any thing i would like to challenge them to make some more race quality kits, their stuff is good quality just needs refinement.

RC Champion
    first off. Felix is one of the best racers in the state. he could make a stick of butter go around a track at a national level.

there is no reason traxxas couldnt make a 1/10th dirt oval car that would do perfectly well at the state and club level. look at the recently discontinued losi slider. not the best car ever made for oval... or in general. but it looked semi scale and with some setup work is more than capable going roundy round. shoot when they were first pulled people were so worried that used cars were going for retail and above! also look at the original rc10. great car but its 20 something years old and a heck of a lot of people still race them on oval.

carpet and asphalt maybe a different story but every crummy little dirt oval track isnt filled with guys who race in the DODC series or at the snowbirds.

point is you dont need a heck of a lot to go left and i agree that traxxas ought to look at maybe introducing a few 2wd 1/10th race cars (buggy, sc, maybe a buggy based lto/sprint car). the market is primed for it too. a lot of people in the hobby who got started with traxxas are now moving to the track and buying race cars or converting their rtr traxxas cars into light weight, lcg, racers.
    FieroMan121|SPC LiPo powered|Vintage TRX collector