RC Competitor

GH racing or Integy aluminum?

Just getting into the RC world an bought a summit and slash ultimate, working with the summit so far by putting in a tekin 2250/rx8 what a difference in power. Tapped a curb head on an cracked the A arm. I know a lot of people don't like aluminum but Im gonna have to learn for myself. So my question is: who has an opinion on which is better, GH racing or Integy or what ever you think is the best. Im gonna start fixing all the issues that arise from going fast Wheel wobble will be one of them an have been watching the vids from that cool guy, starts with an S but can't remember. He is very informative but not sure how to get the hpp stuff he talks about. Ill be posting a lot with my experiences to try an help anyone else new like me. Can be frustrating but when it works, very rewarding!!
    JP86gt

RC Qualifier
    GH all the way, Integy is junk. Even though I'd take GH over Integy, I'd still get plastic ones...

Is the guy with the ''S'' Scaniris? Great guy that is...
    This is a signature.

RC Qualifier
    Plastic.
    If you NEED bling, GH.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by chapinb View Post
    Plastic.
    If you NEED bling, GH.
    +1!

(ten char)
    This is a signature.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Id suggest LISTENING to some of the experience here before you post your own. Aluminum arms on a summit are a bad idea... or any RC for that matter.

You can buy RPM front arms for an E-Revo and they will be extremely strong. If you put aluminum arms on you WILL break other parts in crashes that would simply have caused the plastic arms to flex. Thats a waste IMO.

Other parts on the truck can be blinged up with aluminum and id stay as far away from integy as possible. Their parts are known to be JUNK (poor quality aluminum is used) and their warranty is literally insulting. The truth is, the summit needs nearly nothing to be durable the way its meant to be used... if your running a big brushless system in it id be spending my money on the aluminum diff cups first. That will be the first place you have trouble with that much power.

RC Racer
    I beg to differ with pave on the aluminium cups for the diff. Rather losen the slipper enough that it does not wheelie on command (and thus accept to let go the fun in absuing your car). Although pave is much more experienced than myself, i think unlike me he has not been running brushless in summit for the last 1 year. Yes, not one single diff borken (although have broken 2 rare plastic drive shafts when the slipper was tight enough for wheelies, and 1 center drive shaft).

Back to the topic, i agree that summit does not need any upgrades, for non-abusive driving, even with a high powered brushless system.

Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Id suggest LISTENING to some of the experience here before you post your own. Aluminum arms on a summit are a bad idea... or any RC for that matter.

You can buy RPM front arms for an E-Revo and they will be extremely strong. If you put aluminum arms on you WILL break other parts in crashes that would simply have caused the plastic arms to flex. Thats a waste IMO.

Other parts on the truck can be blinged up with aluminum and id stay as far away from integy as possible. Their parts are known to be JUNK (poor quality aluminum is used) and their warranty is literally insulting. The truth is, the summit needs nearly nothing to be durable the way its meant to be used... if your running a big brushless system in it id be spending my money on the aluminum diff cups first. That will be the first place you have trouble with that much power.

RC Qualifier
    I wouldnt get any aluminum but if I had to to choose GH all the way.

RC Competitor
    Thanks guys for the info, and yes Scaniris is the guys name. He is very informative.

The aluminum diff cups work.i was one of the first guys to run them, thanks backrabbler.... I have had not one single issue with diffs since I installed them with the dewalt and brushless systems.i work my truck pretty hard and run in some tough and abusive terrain and they are doing fine. I tested them with the slipper tight, diffs locked high gear cyclone donuts and all the stuff you should not do.... Broke a tooth off the ring gear that's it. With normal use I don't see them breaking very easily,
    If at all ......my two cents

Sent from my iPhone using My fingers
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried