RC Qualifier

Arrow The New Summit Questions

Hey. I'm thinking about getting another summit and I want to know if the new summits that have the TQI and LVD ESC come with all the sensors to run the TQI with the i-phone or i-pod touch? Like the temp speed Ect. Or do you have ro purchase it sepporate. Thanks.

RC Competitor
    Have to buy them seperate.

RC Racer
    they dont come with it and its about 106$ for all of it if you want it

RC Qualifier
    Bummer. Well another question? Is it with getting all the sensors and extras?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    You need the sensors, the Sensor adapter OR the sensor capable RX AND the iDevice dock for the base of the radio.

RC Qualifier
    Oops. My auto correct on my phone did a auto correct. Lol. I guess its good that its doing its job. What I ment to say is it WORTH the 100 bucks and getting the extras to monitor all of of.

Personally I would like to have that stuff on my summit now just to see what's it doing.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    For about $250 or so you can have the Airtronics MT4 radio with telemetry... the TQI will sell for around $125 or so (since its the 5 channel summit version) and if you buy the MT4 from tower you can get about $25 off (maybe more) so for about the same price you can have a top of the line radio with alot more features... but it won't have the sweet iDevice interface, it will have temp and RPM sensors though. So you need to decide whats most important.

I run the MT4 and have NO desire to switch to the TQI... but if I was buying a summit and didnt have a radio, the TQI is pretty sweet. For $100 though, i wouldn't spend that much on the sensors and dock.

RC Qualifier
    Well if I buy a new summit the TQI will come with it so I was trying to justify the extra 100 to basically monitor it.

RC Competitor
    The summit tai doesn't come with the base, I took the one off my slash ultimate which came with tqi an base. Does anyone know if the esc has anything to do with the monitoring? Im running an rx8 and a tekin 2250 in the summit now an hope I didn't loose this option

RC Competitor
    thats tqi, not tai darn spell check